Wrestling Pictures/Videos/Gifs Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

ksYnFz8.jpg

Such a cool gimmick, slowly being ruined by storyline after pointless storyline.

He's a cult leader, actual cult leaders have followers and try to convert people, not this 'face of fear'.

Such a cool gimmick, slowly being ruined by storyline after pointless storyline.

He's a cult leader, actual cult leaders have followers and try to convert people, not this 'face of fear'.

I read a pretty cool idea on Bray/Bo the other day. It would sort of turn him into a comedy act, but they should Bo join his cult, but not realise he's in a cult. Just have him think that him and Bray are best mates. Would suit Bo's delusional personality and Bray could play the annoyed (but happy to have a follower) leader as the straight man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to assume that most of you have seen this before. Hard to watch, yet somewhat heartwarming.

Hard to listen Jake The Snake Roberts, and hard to watch Foley's chair shots to the head.

I know he's Japanese and all that, but why WWE never hired Red Shoes is beyond me - he's by far and away the most entertaining referee in world wrestling.

referees aren't supposed to overshadow the wrestlers. I can't even name any of the modern WWE referees, since they're so unimportant. At least in the 80s, you knew their names.

referees aren't supposed to overshadow the wrestlers. I can't even name any of the modern WWE referees, since they're so unimportant. At least in the 80s, you knew their names.

Red shoes doesn't overshadow the wrestlers - but the reason he's so good is that he has a "name", he has distinct personality, and he's recognisable. Thus on the very rare occasions in NJPW when the ref takes a bump or he stands up to someone (like with Bullet Club at Dominion), it actually matters to the crowd.

It's yet another thing that I loathe about current-day WWE. None of the referees even have names, much less any sort of personality - so just like everything else on the show full of mid-carders and circular booking, it doesn't matter when a ref takes a bump, screws something up or does something decisive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back