Southern Football League (Vic) Division 3 Seniors & Reserves 2015

2015 Premiership

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Clayton would be skinnier than Ashwood and only about 20-30m longer.

The fact Heatherton isn't level is harder to adjust to than the size.

Only 20-30m ?? So just a kick or two longer.. that's a massive difference compared to a few little bumps on the ground, when have you ever heard a coach talk about the uneveness of a ground unless your playing at South Yarra. Coaches would talk every game about the size and dimensions of the ground

Heatherton is level and comes up very nice come finals time. It plays a lot bigger than you think it looks. Clayton is a joke and no finals should be played there. Cheltenham is a great finals venue and with the new deck it should pull up to be a ripper come finals. Mordi is also a fantastic venue.

If everything goes right for the SFL in the next few years Divvy 1 will be at Linton St Moorabin leaving Springvale, Cheltenham, Mordialloc as options for divvy 2 and 3.

we played 3 finals at heatherton last yr and it was pretty good, just a normal sized and conditioned oval, nothing special but playing at SY anything is an upgrade just about!

we played finals back in div 2 at clayton (2011 i think) and it was hard as * so i hope its not like that this yr

Heatherton is level and comes up very nice come finals time. It plays a lot bigger than you think it looks. Clayton is a joke and no finals should be played there. Cheltenham is a great finals venue and with the new deck it should pull up to be a ripper come finals. Mordi is also a fantastic venue.

I played Div 1 finals at Clayton in 2012, it's a great ground for it, nowhere to hide, everyone's always in the play and you can score pretty quickly.

If it was fine then, it's definately ok for Div 3 finals.

As for its length, it's definately not 30m's longer than Ashwood, it would barely be 10. Subiaco is only 16m longer than the SCG......... Heatherton is probably only 5-10m longer than Clayton and their wings play fairly similar tbh.

Last edited:
I played Div 1 finals at Clayton in 2012, it's a great ground for it, nowhere to hide, everyone's always in the play and you can score pretty quickly.

If it was fine then, it's definately ok for Div 3 finals

I played a div 3 granny at Clayton and it was an absolute swamp. Ankle deep mud all through the guts. Not fit for a GF.

Mordi's size is a huge difference to any div 3 ground. Teams need to prepare for it. It would certainly be an advantage to some teams to play there.

But we all know sfl don't give a s**t about surface or size. All the care about is can they fence it and can they fit a decent crowd in. The rest they don't give a crap so may as well not even debate it.

Mordi's size is a huge difference to any div 3 ground. Teams need to prepare for it. It would certainly be an advantage to some teams to play there.

Moorabbin won the flag at Mordi in 2012 and their ground is half the size. Usually the better teams still find a way to win.

Claytons ground is unpredictable at best, good ground when dry, but sh..t in the wet. Good for spectators and a good atmosphere. Lets face it though, the reason the SFL award finals there is to allow Clayton to get back into the black with their finances as we all know that a couple of seasons ago, they were well and truly gone. Not a bad thing to assist clubs who need it.

Calm down mate. It goes further then just comments on here, there even a facebook page about the bloke and the player in question actively comments on it.

Pretty sure he understands they are just taking the piss.

All good, EH pres finally 'grew a couple' and read the riot act to Falc10, Cobracod, obviously etc etc to pull their heads in last Thursday after training. Good to see.

All good, EH pres finally 'grew a couple' and read the riot act to Falc10, Cobracod, obviously etc etc to pull their heads in last Thursday after training. Good to see.
Really on top of us bouncey. . . Can you let up a bit please

Really on top of us bouncey. . . Can you let up a bit please
Ah Falc10's back in town you've been a bit quiet on the forum you snail, you & your Hillbillies may as well book your end of year trip as your wont win another game for the year,Sth Yarra,CPL,MBin,Ashwood,Lyndale & BR bye bye suckers.

WOOOWZA lol is this a Div3 SFL forum or a BIG BASS FISHING FORUM??? haha BALI ALL BOOKED! you fishing for an invite trendy13? is your mum refusing to take you to woobies world again? & BOUNCEBACK you should get a job on FOX FOOTY you're insight combined with the crispy journalism skills would rival David King lol

Shout out to the journeymen too!! #respect

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WOOOWZA lol is this a Div3 SFL forum or a BIG BASS FISHING FORUM??? haha BALI ALL BOOKED! you fishing for an invite trendy13? is your mum refusing to take you to woobies world again? & BOUNCEBACK you should get a job on FOX FOOTY you're insight combined with the crispy journalism skills would rival David King lol

Shout out to the journeymen too!! #respect
Small Cod's seriously your last 2 wins stunk it up signs of a long season starting to bite, catch you in Port Phillip you flounder.

Ah Falc10's back in town you've been a bit quiet on the forum you snail, you & your Hillbillies may as well book your end of year trip as your wont win another game for the year,Sth Yarra,CPL,MBin,Ashwood,Lyndale & BR bye bye suckers.
Hahaha we will see cum dumpster. . . Last time i checked, a wins a win. . . Forget we smacked mount ? Dont worry about us. Worry about yaself ya germ

Wait? so the point of this story is 'we won bad' & stink (whilst winning) that's you're point? lol

In the past month.....

Hills beat Mount
Mount beat ashwood
Ashwood beat lyndale
Lyndale beat moorabbin
Moorabbin beat sth yarra
Sth yarra beat BR

So the point of my story, is you're a moron lol

Will this be the year of the Mountain Lions?

Can they finally break through and win the Div 3 premiership after years of heartbreak?!

Will this be the year of the Mountain Lions?

Can they finally break through and win the Div 3 premiership after years of heartbreak?!

I love a good Mount bashing.

However...i do believe they have what it takes to win the flag this year.

They are a much better side than they have ever been and are playing the best footy they have in 5 years.

I love a good Mount bashing.

However...i do believe they have what it takes to win the flag this year.

They are a much better side than they have ever been and are playing the best footy they have in 5 years.

I doubt even Mount would agree with that statement, however I do agree they are genuine contenders. Especially if they can get there best 22 on the ground, I don't think they have had a full side in all year but they just get the job done! even beat Thrashwood without 3 key players including there key forward. Taylor comes back soon and I rate him as just about there best player, Mount the team to beat..

I doubt even Mount would agree with that statement, however I do agree they are genuine contenders. Especially if they can get there best 22 on the ground, I don't think they have had a full side in all year but they just get the job done! even beat Thrashwood without 3 key players including there key forward. Taylor comes back soon and I rate him as just about there best player, Mount the team to beat..

so mount wouldn't agree with the statement "i do believe they have what it takes to win the flag this year" but "Mount the team to beat" ?? sort it out choc lilly ya ball bag

Played mount last week and they are definately the team to beat.

I honestly think CPL are also right up there even though they sitting 5th

so mount wouldn't agree with the statement "i do believe they have what it takes to win the flag this year" but "Mount the team to beat" ?? sort it out choc lilly ya ball bag

I was referring to the statement "They are a much better side than they have ever been and are playing the best footy they have in 5 years"

Ya flog

Back