Hume League 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats to Dossie on a great win by the young Brookers today! Tremendous club win and one that will continue to help the Brookers build for the future. Hope dossie continues into the future as his young list has plenty of potential!

Jindera have been extremely vocal about their potential recruits for next season, Thurgoona won't have many left if successful.

No good striking a match without pouring some petrol on the fire , give your post some creditabilty
Name a few

Jesus, all you had to do was ask.
Targeting mostly all their top liners. Cross, Brown x2, Westlow, Mellier.
Was talking to a few blokes on Saturday at Jind v MM they were quiet happy to tell me.

Looks like Jindera may be returning to some checque recruiting, be carefull a couple of these have
Failed at the big dance at the end of the season at Thurgoona. Crossy would definitely be handy the others
With the exception of Cade Brown are either match savers or receivers and wouldnt rate.

Looks like Jindera may be returning to some checque recruiting, be carefull a couple of these have
Failed at the big dance at the end of the season at Thurgoona. Crossy would definitely be handy the others
With the exception of Cade Brown are either match savers or receivers and wouldnt rate.

Smart Fox new to the footy scene? You must be because if you think those boys aren't ball winners and only receivers your kidding yourself.

Reading all this about Walla is pretty sad for football.
The problem is they are paying average players like Drew Cameron 800 a game, & when they get in contact with an elite O&M player they are needing to offer them double, to get a chance.
To me in my opionion, they need a full clean out. Re-assess players payments mid yr & set a standard that is acceptable for the club & league.
But to recruit average players from an equally average club is dumb recruiting.
Each year, to some research into clubs & target 2 or 3 mates from a couple different clubs, players arnt going to go out there on their own.
They obviously have the money, fix the ground & the clubhouse to make the place look respectable.
Thought id throw in my two bobs worth seeing everyone else is.

Reading all this about Walla is pretty sad for football.
The problem is they are paying average players like Drew Cameron 800 a game, & when they get in contact with an elite O&M player they are needing to offer them double, to get a chance.
To me in my opionion, they need a full clean out. Re-assess players payments mid yr & set a standard that is acceptable for the club & league.
But to recruit average players from an equally average club is dumb recruiting.
Each year, to some research into clubs & target 2 or 3 mates from a couple different clubs, players arnt going to go out there on their own.
They obviously have the money, fix the ground & the clubhouse to make the place look respectable.
Thought id throw in my two bobs worth seeing everyone else is.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smartest thing I've read on here. Silly recruiting. Coach was untried and no history. Word is the club had a committee to appoint and interview coaches led by webby and kleiny and were heading in a direction but then the president panicked and appointed this Jensch bloke without the full support of the committee set up to appoint the coach. I dunno the full story but these are just what's being said.

Anyway as a parent of a junior and seeing what Jensch has done, my son won't be there next year if he still is. The guy shows zero interest in the lower grades and only worry a about his 21 every week and treats the young guys in that team like s**t. Coby Bazinski is 14 years old and playing senior footy and hating it. He told my young bloke he told Jensch he wants a rest and to play 2nds cause his not enjoying his footy and apparently Jensch beratted him to the point Cobys mum had to talk to him. Coby is now not playing saying his ribs are broken, but they aren't and it's just an excuse for a spell.

It's pretty sad when kids are treated like that. When kids are your future and the club is already on its last legs maybe look after them before killing the club. My boy won't be there next year. And going off where they are at and the struggles to even field a 2nds team at the moment, it will be a miracle if anyone else is either.

If they don't start to reward locals who train and have a go, and look after the kids right then I hate to say it but there will be no mor club. There's some good people there but until the right ones step up and make the right decisions then the future is pretty bleak.

Sounds like your the one to step up and make the right decision. Pulling the kid out of the club with the shits is not the answer, remember the club is always bigger then the individual and that coach's come and go but the club is always there. Step up, help out and get involved.

Smartest thing I've read on here. Silly recruiting. Coach was untried and no history. Word is the club had a committee to appoint and interview coaches led by webby and kleiny and were heading in a direction but then the president panicked and appointed this Jensch bloke without the full support of the committee set up to appoint the coach. I dunno the full story but these are just what's being said.

Anyway as a parent of a junior and seeing what Jensch has done, my son won't be there next year if he still is. The guy shows zero interest in the lower grades and only worry a about his 21 every week and treats the young guys in that team like s**t. Coby Bazinski is 14 years old and playing senior footy and hating it. He told my young bloke he told Jensch he wants a rest and to play 2nds cause his not enjoying his footy and apparently Jensch beratted him to the point Cobys mum had to talk to him. Coby is now not playing saying his ribs are broken, but they aren't and it's just an excuse for a spell.

It's pretty sad when kids are treated like that. When kids are your future and the club is already on its last legs maybe look after them before killing the club. My boy won't be there next year. And going off where they are at and the struggles to even field a 2nds team at the moment, it will be a miracle if anyone else is either.

If they don't start to reward locals who train and have a go, and look after the kids right then I hate to say it but there will be no mor club. There's some good people there but until the right ones step up and make the right decisions then the future is pretty bleak.

These are all very good opinions, obviously off a "parent" who obviously hasn't been seen around the club.
As a person heavily involved in the club, there is no doubt the club are struggling with numbers, but it was always going to be that way coming from so far back, Rome wasn't built in a day.

"If they don't start to reward locals" you said, that shows how much you are actually involved in the club, Myall Hoffmann, Matty Wegener both local junior footballers who are loving there footy under Matt and haven't missed a senior game all year.
Carter, Gibbs, Paech, Star, Mann , Webb have all played the majority of games, all locals.
There isn't many more out there....
Yes Coby is 14yo, and every 3-4 weeks after playing senior football he has gone back to play in the reserves for a break.
Anyone who knows anything about football, surely would know that a kid playing reserves in a side that doesn't score isn't going to be very benificial for them.

It's disappointing to see the mentality of the "walla people" as you supposedly are.
Considering Coby played his best game for the year against Howlong a side that sit 2nd on the ladder who we led for 3 and a half quarters.

Every person you talk to around the league, when Walla have there best team on the park (as they did against howlong) which they rarely have, they have improved massively this year.

Maybe if the club had more supportive "parents" as you say you are, who we would actually maybe see around the club every once in a while instead of being a keyboard hero.
They might be in a different situation.

Last edited:
Haven't Walla improved this year? Surely nobody expected them to win the flag. Give them a go. They've won a couple and got close a couple more times and for the most part their scores have improved. Not a bad base to keep building on for next year if you ask me.

Last edited:
some big games this week.
bb saints v henty- bb by 40 points
Osborne v rand walb -Osborne 25 in front of the reunion crowd
Jindera v howlong- Jindera by 12
magpies v cdhbu -cdhbu by 50
all these games will shape the final 6

What eventuated from the racial allegations with the Ash Murray incident? Very interested to see how this unfolds

What eventuated from the racial allegations with the Ash Murray incident? Very interested to see how this unfolds

Well if the allegations are true surely the umpire would have been stood down, but I have heard that no one else on the ground heard the alleged comments. The BB Saints juggernaut is building nicely coming into finals, can anyone knock them off?

Well if the allegations are true surely the umpire would have been stood down, but I have heard that no one else on the ground heard the alleged comments. The BB Saints juggernaut is building nicely coming into finals, can anyone knock them off?

I reckon Howlong today would fancy their chances! BB have got a couple of key outs that they can hopefully get back before finals, and as far as today's result goes you don't get a medal for beating a side in August.

I have to say, I went and watched the Murray Magpies v Billabong Crows on saturday. Disregard the score board, the crows put it to the pies. they had a very young team of around 8/9 kids under 19 and the pies tried to intimidate them with some cheap shots and hard body work. To the credit of these kids they stood there ground very well. However I did notice that not one magpie player, committee member nor supporter stayed around after the game and in my eyes I think that is completely disrespectful specially for country football. Does this kind of thing happen a lot in the Hume League where clubs don't stay around for a short while after the games.

I have to say, I went and watched the Murray Magpies v Billabong Crows on saturday. Disregard the score board, the crows put it to the pies. they had a very young team of around 8/9 kids under 19 and the pies tried to intimidate them with some cheap shots and hard body work. To the credit of these kids they stood there ground very well. However I did notice that not one magpie player, committee member nor supporter stayed around after the game and in my eyes I think that is completely disrespectful specially for country football. Does this kind of thing happen a lot in the Hume League where clubs don't stay around for a short while after the games.

It's an interesting observation. I have no doubt that the players and supporters from most other Hume League clubs would understand what Country Footy is all about including supporting the opposition in the rooms afterwards. I am not sure but would guess that in some other clubs players and coaches may be there for reasons other than community and culture. This is where the difference may lie.

Has anyone heard if Corey Lambert has re- signed at MM ?
Mid season I was told him and his family we're moving to QLD and would obviously no longer be coaching if that were the case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back