Tour de France 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

lol at the weather at the finish line. it looks almost unrideable.

hope it clears a bit.
Nooooo!!
Battle of the fittest.

I don't understand how you get caught out as a GC contender in this, but that's probably just my cycling ignorance

Wind, rain. Can't expect everybody to hold a wheel all the time unless you want your team right at the lead like what Sky is doing. To do that you need the best riders.

I don't understand how you get caught out as a GC contender in this, but that's probably just my cycling ignorance
It's hard for 70 odd riders to all be in the top 20 on the road, no matter how much they want it.

Wind, rain. Can't expect everybody to hold a wheel all the time unless you want your team right at the lead like what Sky is doing. To do that you need the best riders.

Love to see these conditions in two days time on the cobblestones.

With a flat tyre for Sagan there, Cavendish looks to be winning this stage now.

Edit: He's Back in it now. Great ride to get back into it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, but if you're one of Nibali/Quintana, surely you look at the weather and realise it might pay to be up in the front today?
Of course you do. But you've got Tinkoff and Sky who want to stay near the front for Froome and Contador, Quickstep and Lotto who want to be up front for Cav and Greipel, BMC trying to defend the yellow. The road is only so wide.

Not sure about the green jersey point scoring, but you'd think two 3rds would be enough for Cancellara to be leading both yellow and green

Remove this Banner Ad

Back