The Off-Season Thread (Luke Ridnour destination watch)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any Lakers fans who have not jumped ship care to comment on Wesley Johnson? Apparently we are looking to pluck him to replace DeMarre. He was an early draft pick who didn't pan out. He can shoot, does he defend?

Pale facsimile. Definitely does enough to stick as a rotation player, but I'd be surprised if he's even 80% as good as a direct replacement.

Pros: Shoots 35-37% from three, won't jack unnecessary shots, gives effort defensively and has long arms.

Cons: Not nearly the defensive bulldog that Carroll is, limited bball IQ, no dribble-drive ability.

Lakers or Wolves fans can probably offer more insight, but he was a cheap option that I kinda had my eye on for the Pels before we traded for Q-Pon.

Woj saying Lou Williams has signed with the Lakers.

Not sure how I feel. He's good, but do we need another guard? He might work better when Kobe retires as a 6th man behind Russell/Clarkson.

Woj saying Lou Williams has signed with the Lakers.

Not sure how I feel. He's good, but do we need another guard? He might work better when Kobe retires as a 6th man behind Russell/Clarkson.

Interesting... Kobe, Swaggy and Lou on the same team :eek:

Surely with Russell and Clarkson to accommodate too, that's one gunslinger too many?

Granted he's reigning 6th man of the year, but from what I read Toronto fans were pretty sick of the chucking (not just him, DDR too) by the end of the season.

Combine all these ingredients, add Hibbert and stir liberally with Byron 'it's still 1985' Scott...

Interesting... Kobe, Swaggy and Lou on the same team :eek:

Surely with Russell and Clarkson to accommodate too, that's one gunslinger too many?

Granted he's reigning 6th man of the year, but from what I read Toronto fans were pretty sick of the chucking (not just him, DDR too) by the end of the season.

Combine all these ingredients, add Hibbert and stir liberally with Byron 'it's still 1985' Scott...
I reckon (hopefully) Swaggy will be used more as a SF. If not, I see a trade coming. Don't see where he fits in with our guard rotation. I like Lou for us more than Swaggy in this case.

In the case that Swaggy goes, I'm thinking Lou could be decent for us - he can be a chucker, yes, but is a perfect bench guy - not someone you want to constantly rely on as a starter, but is very good in bursts. I hope Scott sees the same way.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Stuckey's back with the Pacers. 3/21.

That is Williams' contract value as well btw

Spurs trying to get Manu to go one more year. I think he'll probably play, but he's nothing like the player he was, except for the flopping :D

According to SportVU, the Lakers took 283 more contested jumpers than any other team last season, even with Bryant playing only 35 games. Add more Bryant plus Williams and L.A. could lap the field in that category. Among 166 players who attempted at least 300 jumpers, Bryant ranked first (69 percent), Young ranked second (68 percent) and Williams ranked 20th (46 percent) in regard to what percentage of their jumpers were contested. And Clarkson ranked 30th at 43 percent.

This will end well

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any Lakers fans who have not jumped ship care to comment on Wesley Johnson? Apparently we are looking to pluck him to replace DeMarre. He was an early draft pick who didn't pan out. He can shoot, does he defend?

still here. #standbyscott

wes J wont bring the defensive effort that demarre did. however, he can shoot the 3 from a stationary position. if that's what you need you'll be ok.

Brandon Bass to sign with the Lakers too according to Marc Spears which was retweeted by Woj.

Because he won't touch the ball?

Swaggy P be gone

i reckon this coming season will be the turning point for the franchise. a real good wake up call to admin that there is no privilege in the nba. hope they learned from their mistakes. they deserve the abyss they find themselves in. now its time to win back the trust of the loyal fanbase.

when the Lakers win their next title i can confidently point at this off season as the catalyst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back