• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
He is only 20-21. Give him some credit, most of the time he makes the right decision with ball in hand.

His decisions are fine its just the execution that's is off sometimes. It doesn't mean all get turned over but he doesn't kick it to the advantage of our player.

Saved his energy for 3.5 quarters so he could run that campaigner down in the last. :p
Haha

Watching the replay as i missed the game yesterday. I'm losing my s**t with the umps and its only 15 min into the first

Reece Palmer scoop throw - not paid
Grigg holding the ball after being tackled straight from a tap down.
Ivan Maric holding the ball at half forward when he handballs a second after being being tackled.
Ryan griffen arm over shoulder on Dusty holding the ball
Cameron clearly kicks out and connects with Grimes' head after mark in front of ump and no reversal.

Don't forget everytime Miles was tackled to the ground they cannoned into his head more than a few times, with no protection from the umps.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Man Utd
Was never in doubt?!?! :eek:

I'm still in doubt watching the bloody replay on IQ mate!!! :drunk:

This was heading for a "Bulldogs/Demons/Cats" type of loss until about 10 minutes into the 4th quarter, when Edwards kicked that goal from the centre bounce.

Even when we hit the front, GWS kicked a goal straight back, and then Miles misses from 10m out to ice the game, and keep the Giants in it STILL!

This was as far from "never in doubt" as I think is possible. :straining:

Sorry mate, I was never in doubt.! Nervous may be, but I was confident we will get up and over the line. Hopefully you get to share my level of confidence in the boys soon..!:) I can assure you this confidence wasn't there 4 weeks ago...!

Had a bad feeling about this game. Saw GWS paying $5.50 and put a $100 insurance bet on. Then things changed for me at at 3/4 time....we just needed a few things to go our way and we'd get up, so threw $50 on us at 3-1 to win my money back. Had I been able to see dimmas spray I would have put $200 on us!! Great effort from Cotchin, Titch, Houli, rance, miles, jack and grigg.

Yes they had 4-5 of their best 22 out, but gees when you've got 30 first rounders on your list what you lose in experience is almost covered by talent, enthusiasm and effort. This team will be very very good, scary good over the next few years.

Good reports on Lennon, if he's doing what's expected of him now I'd definitely promote him this week for Newman.

Concern is the big men. I'm expecting Maric to go, which means sans Hammer we go in with McBean and Jack as our key talks. Given mc beans previous outings, very concerned we will see jack cop all the heat and be our sole entry to goal. That being said, it's these type of games that can kick start kids careers, and it's there if the bean wants it

Not sure on lambert, he was shocking for three quarters, but he wasn't alone either. If donuts is stepping up the defensive side of his game, I'd bring him in

I want Lennon to have more than 1 game doing the right things before he gets promoted. I'd also have McDonough ahead of him in the 'queue' at this stage (although that can change).

Lambert, Mcintosh, Hunt, Newman & Gordon all being in the firing line if they don't perform.

If Griffiths is out, then we need to consider if we want to stay with 3 talls, but McBean is the obvious choice if we do.

Not sure about Maric's report...He probably should get done, but if Buddy only got 1 week, then...Probably just a fine (even with the Sydney discount). If he does go, then bring Hampson in against his old club and tell him to go nuts (after all, he'll only have the one game).

Doubt we'll have more than 2 changes this week.

Deanos

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
I want Lennon to have more than 1 game doing the right things before he gets promoted. I'd also have McDonough ahead of him in the 'queue' at this stage (although that can change).

Lambert, Mcintosh, Hunt, Newman & Gordon all being in the firing line if they don't perform.

If Griffiths is out, then we need to consider if we want to stay with 3 talls, but McBean is the obvious choice if we do.

Not sure about Maric's report...He probably should get done, but if Buddy only got 1 week, then...Probably just a fine (even with the Sydney discount). If he does go, then bring Hampson in against his old club and tell him to go nuts (after all, he'll only have the one game).
Doubt we'll have more than 2 changes this week.

Was a late withdrawal from VFL game and hasn't played for a while. Not sure if he'll be right, the knee seems a big problem at the moment. I think were in trouble, if that is the case and Maric gets a week and Griffiths misses through injury (worse case scenario). Can't see Mcbean being able to help Vickery in the ruck at AFL Level. Might be forced to bring in Elton to help in ruck. Lets just hope at least one will be available.

copthat

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Watched the replay, and since everyone was complaining about Lambert I decided to jot down a few things each quarter to see how he actually went. I ended up jotting down a lot of things so it's a pretty long post.

Q1
- Charges at the man and lays a bone crunching shepherd which allows Lids to contest the ball but play is stopped because of a free against Ty.
- Reads the kick in a good 3 seconds before it’s kicked, sprints to chop it off and is a bees’ dick away from causing a turnover in our F50. Key word being reads, has nouse. Very similar to the Cellis one v Freo.
- Spreads hard from the kick in, gets it on the flank and hits Jack with a beautiful 40m pass inside 50. Jack goals. A really SMART kick, kicked to space and forced Jack to run there. Browny even remarked how smart the kick was.
- Times his run beautifully and crumbs the pack in textbook fashion. Has someone on his hammer though and is immediately tackled, holding the ball. Unlucky to not get a push in the back IMO.

Q2
- (About 60m out near the boundary) Crumbs the pack magnificently off his boot laces at full speed and handballs to Edwards all in one motion. Edwards kicks to Lids and Lambert pushes on and again crumbs the ball but play is stopped as Lids gets the free. Completely burns his opponent as he runs to crumb Lids’ ball. A really good passage with a mix of class and hard work.
- A minute later, gets the ball in acres of space in literally the exact opposite area of the ground to where he crumbed the ball. Again must have torched his opponent with hard running and was a key part of link up to an Inside 50.
- Sprints to lay a good shepherd which allows Jack that extra split second to hit Deledio after his brilliant blind turn.

Q3
- Not much here. Gave away a high tackle but forced a turnover in our F50 due to tackling pressure.
- Also (again) crumbed a pack perfectly front and centre and flicked out a handball to Riewoldt again off his boot laces.

Q4
- Started in the guts, roved the tap but immediately tackled.
- Jack finds him in space 20m out. Misses. Bad miss.
- Just like the first quarter, reads the kick in from a mile out but this time gets there in time and gets the spoil in for a boundary throw in.
- Just like the second quarter, is involved in a contest on the wing then about 45 seconds later receives the ball in miles of space on the opposite side of the ground about 70m from goal. Goes inside 50 but Jack drops the mark.
- Tackles Treloar on the boundary and gets holding the ball. Kicks to the top of the square. Goal.

So his game consisted of constant pressure, team orientated acts and classy use of the ball. Also stood up in the last quarter with some big plays, and if he'd nailed that goal it would've been huge. For a guy that's basically replaced Morris I'd say his game was good, and far superior to anything Morris has produced. He also had no brain fades, take not Morris.

The main thing that stands out is that he's a smart and instinctual footballer with really good senses in tight situations like crumbing and in packs. We've got to give players with these qualities time to prove themselves. The other thing is that he's not really playing in his natural position at the moment. He is an inside beast at VFL level, just gets clearance after clearance and this was shown by Dimma throwing him into the guts for the first bounce of the last quarter.

Anyway a pretty long post about one of our bottom 6 but it's interesting looking back that he actually had a pretty tidy game and IMO doesn't deserve to be dropped like many are suggesting.

no orange peeler

Cancelled
Jan 21, 2007
livin the dream
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Yankees tottenham hotspur ny giants
Watched the replay, and since everyone was complaining about Lambert I decided to jot down a few things each quarter to see how he actually went. I ended up jotting down a lot of things so it's a pretty long post.

Q1
- Charges at the man and lays a bone crunching shepherd which allows Lids to contest the ball but play is stopped because of a free against Ty.
- Reads the kick in a good 3 seconds before it’s kicked, sprints to chop it off and is a bees’ dick away from causing a turnover in our F50. Key word being reads, has nouse. Very similar to the Cellis one v Freo.
- Spreads hard from the kick in, gets it on the flank and hits Jack with a beautiful 40m pass inside 50. Jack goals. A really SMART kick, kicked to space and forced Jack to run there. Browny even remarked how smart the kick was.
- Times his run beautifully and crumbs the pack in textbook fashion. Has someone on his hammer though and is immediately tackled, holding the ball. Unlucky to not get a push in the back IMO.

Q2
- (About 60m out near the boundary) Crumbs the pack magnificently off his boot laces at full speed and handballs to Edwards all in one motion. Edwards kicks to Lids and Lambert pushes on and again crumbs the ball but play is stopped as Lids gets the free. Completely burns his opponent as he runs to crumb Lids’ ball. A really good passage with a mix of class and hard work.
- A minute later, gets the ball in acres of space in literally the exact opposite area of the ground to where he crumbed the ball. Again must have torched his opponent with hard running and was a key part of link up to an Inside 50.
- Sprints to lay a good shepherd which allows Jack that extra split second to hit Deledio after his brilliant blind turn.

Q3
- Not much here. Gave away a high tackle but forced a turnover in our F50 due to tackling pressure.
- Also (again) crumbed a pack perfectly front and centre and flicked out a handball to Riewoldt again off his boot laces.

Q4
- Just like the first quarter, reads the kick in from a mile out but this time gets there in time and gets the spoil in for a boundary throw in.
- Just like the second quarter, is involved in a contest on the wing then about 45 seconds later receives the ball in miles of space on the opposite side of the ground about 70m from goal. Goes inside 50 but Jack drops the mark.
- Tackles Treloar on the boundary and gets holding the ball. Kicks to the top of the square. Goal.

So his game consisted of constant pressure, team orientated acts and classy use of the ball. Also stood up in the last quarter with some big plays, and if he'd nailed that goal it would've been huge. For a guy that's basically replaced Morris I'd say his game was good, and far superior to anything Morris has produced. He also had no brain fades, take not Morris.

The main thing that stands out is that he's a smart and instinctual footballer with really good senses in tight situations like crumbing and in packs. We've got to give players with these qualities time to prove themselves. The other thing is that he's not really playing in his natural position at the moment. He is an inside beast at VFL level, just gets clearance after clearance and this was shown by Dimma throwing him into the guts for the first bounce of the last quarter.

Anyway a pretty long post about one of our bottom 6 but it's interesting looking back that he actually had a pretty tidy game and IMO doesn't deserve to be dropped like many are suggesting.

The mention of a bottom 6 player is the key. These guys will win you finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond

Q1

Q2

Q3

Q4

Come on mate.If your going to post something can we have a more detailed report.

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Good reports on Lennon, if he's doing what's expected of him now I'd definitely promote him this week for Newman.

Concern is the big men. I'm expecting Maric to go, which means sans Hammer we go in with McBean and Jack as our key talks. Given mc beans previous outings, very concerned we will see jack cop all the heat and be our sole entry to goal. That being said, it's these type of games that can kick start kids careers, and it's there if the bean wants it

Not sure on lambert, he was shocking for three quarters, but he wasn't alone either. If donuts is stepping up the defensive side of his game, I'd bring him in

That ump in your avatar mate, he is a dead set cheat. hardwick must have banged his sister and his mother while he watched. That flog gave 99% of his dodgy free's to GWS.

Prick

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers

Q1

Q2

Q3

Q4

Unless you do focus on one player at a time there is that much going on on the field that it's hard to absorb it all. But based on your report he stays in the team next week. If we have no maric or Hampson next week just going to have to play McBean. Nice to hear knights is back, now some quality options for small fwd positions.

Back