The Combat betting thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Rothwell and Hendo are value at those odds as both guys have the type of power to end fights with one strike, but I wouldn't bet on either. Things really seem to be coming together for Mitrione since moving to the Blackzillians and I think he'll have too much speed for Rothwell in their fight. Speed will be the biggest advantage for Boetsch too against Hendo I think. He's surprisingly quick of hand and foot for a stocky guy and I think he picks at Hendo from the outside with kicks and takes a decision.

I pointed out in the main thread that I like Medeiros to pull (what I assume is) the upset against Porier. I might have a bit on him if the odds are suitably big.

$2.70 and it goes out $3.20 for a upset ko/decision

Rothwell and Hendo are value at those odds as both guys have the type of power to end fights with one strike, but I wouldn't bet on either. Things really seem to be coming together for Mitrione since moving to the Blackzillians and I think he'll have too much speed for Rothwell in their fight. Speed will be the biggest advantage for Boetsch too against Hendo I think. He's surprisingly quick of hand and foot for a stocky guy and I think he picks at Hendo from the outside with kicks and takes a decision.

I pointed out in the main thread that I like Medeiros to pull (what I assume is) the upset against Porier. I might have a bit on him if the odds are suitably big.

im_so_embarrassed_14197.jpg

Not my finest hour. Fingers crossed nobody got duped in to thinking I know what I'm talking about!

I just got lucky mate. Doesnt happen very often but a good feeling when it does. I just wish I had money on it :D

I was just talking about pointing out the line markets....Im only posting bets that I think are a chance...:p Just shattered I didnt back myself with the $$$

Werdum is currently @4.65. Cain is backed so heavily its actually abit disrespectful to Werdum. Im not saying he is going to win but these odds are crazy good.

If Werdum can keep his back off the cage (I expect Cain to try to pin him there and work him over) he's got a legit shot anywhere else the fight goes. Cain's stand up is good and his pace is relentless, but Werdum's striking has been on point since returning to the UFC and his ground game is exceptional. I'm just hoping the Browne fight Werdum shows up as it should make for a cracker of a contest.

If Werdum can keep his back off the cage (I expect Cain to try to pin him there and work him over) he's got a legit shot anywhere else the fight goes. Cain's stand up is good and his pace is relentless, but Werdum's striking has been on point since returning to the UFC and his ground game is exceptional. I'm just hoping the Browne fight Werdum shows up as it should make for a cracker of a contest.

Do you buy into the lack off fighting theory ?

CV has had a long time off. Tbh, I dont think ring rust really applies in the HW division for some reason.

$4.65 on Werdum is crazy, definately worth a cheeky fiver. Angela Hill is at $3.26 as well. I think Cain and Torres will win but at odds that long they are worth a look.

Also interesting that for 189 Rory is $1.50 and Lawler is $2.46. Aldo v McGregor is nearly even odds, surely Aldo deserves to be a reasonable favourite?

Do you buy into the lack off fighting theory ?

CV has had a long time off. Tbh, I dont think ring rust really applies in the HW division for some reason.

I do, but I think Cain is good enough to overcome it. Anytime you're away from your chose sport for the better part of 2 years you're not going to be the same initially. The quality of his team will no doubt see him well prepared, but I wouldn't be surprised if Cain looks a little sloppy or slow early on.

I've got a feeling Hill might do well against Torres too at those odds. Both girls are strikers and Hill appears to have power and reach on Torres.

Rory being favourite isn't too much of a surprise. The first fight between the two was very close and Rory's game is probably a bit more well rounded. I'd suggest whoever is the underdog in that fight is worth a look as I'd have it pretty much even between the two of them if I was giving odds.

Just chucked a long shot multi (albeit $3-4)on

Cejudo
Torres
Gastelum
Alvarez and;
Cain

pretty good odds due to Gastelum & Alvarez not being favourites.

Gastelum is the underdog against Marquardt? That's definitely worth a look IMO. Alvarez I could see beating Melendez too as I think he's a bit quicker with his strikes. Melendez rarely uses his wrestling and with the bad blood between the two, I could see him looking to make this a stand up war. Pretty solid multi IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Machida is a safe $1.56 and Romero goes out to $2.56

On another note, Aldo has gone out to $2.05 and Conor is $1.76

Mendes is now on the books at @2.07

Also, Just had a look down the page and the DC v Gustaffson is open for bets. Gus is currently at $3.21

I like Gunnar by sub for a cheeky small bet.

Not sure how Pendred is the favourite against Doomsday Howard.. Not a bad multi addition there for $2.07

Gunnar is pretty decent odds aswell H2H

Remove this Banner Ad

Back