Round 15 changes VS Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Could have 3 very big ins for next Sundays clash, I'm backing them in. Harwood and Roberston still likely to be out I guess.

IN : Merrett, Rockliff, Hanley

OUT : Bourke, Lester, Aish

Gardiner - Merrett - Clarke
Beasley- Andrews - Rich
Taylor - Beams - Hanley
Christensen - McStay - Zorko
Green - Staker - Paparone
Berger - Rockliff - Redden

Mayes - Robinson - Adcock

Bewick

Lester was brilliant, we wouldn't drop him, someone like Bewick might get dropped though me might stay as he is a different type of player to the guys coming in, maybe Beasley would be the unlucky man.

Really hope Mayes gets a full game and gets to show his talent

B: Darcy Gardiner, Justin Clarke, Harris Andrews
HB: Ryan Harwood, Marco Paparone, Daniel Rich
C: Lewis Taylor, Tom Rockliff, Pearce Hanley
HF: Dayne Zorko, Daniel Merrett, Jack Redden
F: Sam Mayes, Daniel McStay, Josh Green
Foll: Matthew Leuenberger, Dayne Beams, Mitch Robinson
I/C: Jed Adcock, Allen Christensen, Ryan Lester, Nick Robertson
Emg: Zac O'Brien, Brent Staker, Rohan Bewick

IN: Tom Rockliff, Daniel Merrett, Ryan Harwood, Nick Robertson, Pearce Hanley
OUT: Brent Staker, James Aish, Hugh Beasley, Jordon Bourke, Rohan Bewick (omitted)

Preliminary before full details of Robertson and Harwood are known. Bourke and Beasley forced out due to structure, not poor performances.

Last edited:
B: Darcy Gardiner, Justin Clarke, Harris Andrews
HB: Ryan Harwood, Marco Paparone, Daniel Rich
C: Lewis Taylor, Tom Rockliff, Pearce Hanley
HF: Dayne Zorko, Daniel Merrett, Jack Redden
F: Sam Mayes, Daniel McStay, Josh Green
Foll: Matthew Leuenberger, Dayne Beams, Mitch Robinson
I/C: Jed Adcock, Allen Christensen, Ryan Lester, Nick Robertson
Emg: Zac O'Brien, Brent Staker, Rohan Bewick

IN: Tom Rockliff, Daniel Merrett, Ryan Harwood, Nick Robertson, Pearce Hanley
OUT: Brent Staker, James Aish, Hugh Beasley, Jordon Bourke, Rohan Bewick (omitted)

Preliminary before full details of Robertson and Harwood are known. Bourke and Beasley forced out due to structure, not poor performances.
Pretty much much our top 22. Possibly Claye Beams might get in there and Close. And Martin of course

If these are the ins l wouldn't be hugely surprised if there is an upset.

Pretty much much our top 22. Possibly Claye Beams might get in there and Close. And Martin of course

If these are the ins l wouldn't be hugely surprised if there is an upset.
Stay tuned for experience watch

The second ruck position is gonna be difficult again for this match. You wouldn't think Merrett would be up for it and it'll be tough for Leuey to backup again after having to ruck in 10,000 stoppages against Freo. We probably need Andrews down back as well.

I would go with the same ins and outs, except I would drop Beasley instead of Lester.

Not that Beasley has done much wrong, but someone in defence has to make way for Merrett.

Lester on the other hand can be played forward, so could take Bourke's role.

I like this plan.

I would never have guessed it before the season given our midfield acquisitions, but I think Lester should be really hard to leave out of the side (not that selections have always vindicated that). He has such a big impact on our contested work, and has looked particularly dangerous in bursts as a forward.

Clarke on Franklin,
Andrews on Tippet.

Even tho Merret is the more experienced defender, l would back these 2 over him just because he hasn't played in ages. Remember when Clarke was on Walker last year and kept him accountable. As soon as Clarke got injured and was taken off, Walker started dominating.

Merret forward replacing Staker.

Clarke on Franklin,
Andrews on Tippet.

Even tho Merret is the more experienced defender, l would back these 2 over him just because he hasn't played in ages. Remember when Clarke was on Walker last year and kept him accountable. As soon as Clarke got injured and was taken off, Walker started dominating.

Merret forward replacing Staker.
Clarke would be burnt by Buddy. He wouldn't be able to go with him athletically and physically. Rog is the go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarke Merrett Gardiner
Hanley Andrews Paparone
Taylor Rockliff Christensen
Zorko McStay Robinson
Green Staker Adcock

Leuey Redden Beams

Bewick Lester Mayes Rich

I am enjoying Adcock's new defensive forward role, he applies strong pressure and has helped with locking the ball in our half.

Clarke should get first crack at Buddy, Merrett to take Tippett and Andrews should play as a loose third man who can help out Leuey in the ruck.

Aish, Beasley & Bourke to make way for 3 x 100 gamers in Hanley, Merrett & Rockliff

Merrett to come in and man up Tippett in the square.

I reckon Paps will run around with Buddy (I don't reckon anyone else could get close tbh). Clarke to mind him when he's deep.

Harris to pinch hit in the ruck as a forward; Gardiner to mind Goodes/Reid (if forward).

Looking forward to seeing potentially our strongest lineup for the year!

Anyone else think MC Stay could go for a gallop in the 2's? Keep Bourke in and get McStay to work on some leading patterns and defensive pressure. Don't get me wrong think he will be a gun though

If that is another stress related injury serious questions need to be asked. These injuries are highly avoidable and should not be happening very often in an elite environment. Clearly the training at the club is either too strenuous, which would be a major issue in itself, or the program is poorly administered.

So a few of our boys crack in extra harder this week and get injured. They're soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fragile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back