swans9605

Debutant
Apr 28, 2010
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Clarence
Great news guys! Retro footy is making a comeback every Wednesday night from July 15 on Fox Footy as the man himself, Drew Morphett, returns as host on The Winners Rebooted. Saw the awesome 'Back to the Future' themed promo for the show last night too with the current-day Drew in his Marty McFly jacket transporting from 2015 to 1985 in his DeLorean time machine meeting up with his younger self. Classic.

Last edited:
Great news guys! Retro footy is making a comeback every Wednesday night from July 15 on Fox Footy as the man himself, Drew Morphett, returns as host on The Winners Rebooted. Saw the awesome 'Back to the Future' themed promo for the show last night too with the current-day Drew in his Marty McFly jacket transporting from 2015 to 1985 in his DeLorean time machine meeting up with his younger self. Classic.
Yep I have seen this too. Will be tuning in.

That's great news , fox footy used to show them abt 10 years ago after grumpy old men !! Not sure why they have not brought them back sooner!!

I kinda wonder whether winners is better suited, like the original, as a Sunday night show. After the twilight game instead of bounce. And bounce to go back to Wednesday-ish.

By Wednesday, the previous round is ancient history and focus is well and truly on the next round.
I know that may be hard to do re editing and turnaround times for 9 games, but just my thoughts.

I watch fox footy each night so I'll watch regardless...

There was also a show at 6.00 pm saturdays. A panel show where they would review the round played that day.
I remember an old guy called Ian Cleeland bagging all the players, and he'd been a boundary umpire or something.
It was called " Who won and why " you'd get home from a game on Saturday and beg Mum to watch it. " but you've just been to the game "

Guys, I think The Winners Rebooted is going to focus on classic matches from the 70's & 80's
Link: http://www.mediaweek.com.au/fox-footy-series-goes-back-to-the-future/

Good. We have enough shows floating around that analyse and focus on the current round(s).
On their first run, Fox Footy had a show called "From The Vault" that used to show a classic match from the 70's / 80's segmented into highlights each week. I enjoyed that and I remember The Winners as a kid, looking forward to it.

Complete the deal, and let's have Seven's Big League re-booted next :p

1985 prelim Hawthorn v Footscray is first up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know they're only showing highlights, but the lack of congestion is so noticeable. Umpires blow whistle as soon as more than two players go in at the ball.

Funny when Tim Lane mentioned half way through the last quarter "this is a low scoring game so 16 points is a big margin". The scores were 96-80 at that stage!

That would have been an incredibly high scoring game if played last weekend!

Good. We have enough shows floating around that analyse and focus on the current round(s).
On their first run, Fox Footy had a show called "From The Vault" that used to show a classic match from the 70's / 80's segmented into highlights each week. I enjoyed that and I remember The Winners as a kid, looking forward to it.

Complete the deal, and let's have Seven's Big League re-booted next :p

Agree - They need more Classic Footy on Fox Footy

When they were taking the piss out of Drew's Afro at the start of the show, did Flea really say: "(looks like) his f--ken hair's stuck on!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back