Workshop Template Feedback Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

In this picture I have circled the top hole but the inside is hard to distinguish from the outside of the shorts. Perhaps make it grey or a lighter blue.
View attachment 149729
It has the same effect at the bottom as well.
How's this?

upload_2015-7-6_14-42-29.png
I think you could make the hole in the top of the shorts a little smaller.. looks a little odd with the hole in the bottom of the guernsey IMO.
It looks like the front is shorter than the back, you should have either the leg holes or the waist hole.

I'd recommend keeping the leg holes for a better looking perspective.
Fair enough, I based it off my BLK club shorts, which are an odd fit but oh well.

Here are my two templates I have been working on. Cody-the-new-template-2015.png
The reason there is a Carlton logo there is because it shows the positioning of the logo, plus I am still waiting on an eagles logo.
I have also traced every AFL home team design and put it in the template, along with my NAFL designs.

Next up is my rugby template.
cody-Rugby-Template-2015-v2.png
Basically been working on this for the afternoon for the upcoming rugby comp, just copied the shorts and socks from the jumper template.

I am quite happy with the way these have turned out.

Codym2723
Your template frustrates me.
On one hand, it's really good, on the other, it's not.
The stitching looks off, the back bottom should match up with the bottom of the jumper, it should be a similar line, just slightly above the tail and using the different brush. Also, it looks as if your using many anchor points rather than the one in the middle. To make a nice smooth line, you should draw your line by curving it from one side, and anchoring it in the middle, then copy, flip, line up and join.
You can do the same with the collar, draw one half, copy, flip, line up and join. As with the waist on the shorts.
Also, I don't think the cuff stitching should be one line with the side panel stitching, they should be two different lines that intersect somewhere.
Another thing is that nobody has hips like that, I understand that that's how the ISC template has it, it should be like scorch's template, a smooth transition, pull in to fit the body, then smoothly go out to fit the hips, not pull in, then sharp out.
You're overusing gradients, they don't need to be on the collar and cuffs. on the collar, the back of the front side, you can copy that shape (ctrl c), paste it to the same spot (ctrl f) and make the new black with about a 20% opacity to differentiate the front and the back.

This ones probabally just me, I don't like the sock, it should have a longer leg, it looks like someone with size 13 shoes wearing shin socks.

Sorry about dumping so much in one go, but I'm sure this'd become one of the better templates on the board if you did them.

And this may be all just me.

My new Photoshop template- thoughts? Comments?View attachment 149825

Yep, as Mitchy said, the shading is probably a little heavy for a white based guernsey. I adjust my shading depending on how dark the guernsey is. Remember slightly too subtle is always better than slightly too dark, so err on the subtle side.

The cuffs are a bit of a strange shape, and the shorts need some shading.

Overall, this is a massive step up from your previous template, well done!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I thought I would have a go at adding some sleeves to my jumper, the image i traced was a little dodgy but here is the comparison between the short sleeved and long sleeved.
View attachment 151935 View attachment 151937
If you're going to use gradients on the collar, scrap the radial and make a linear gradient in a rectangle, then warp it to the shape of the collar. Otherwise it looks really dumb

I can't think of a good reason to have collar and cuff gradients unless you're looking for a metallic look, which is basically what you've achieved

Almost time to go back to uni... so this will be my final update until probably November (if ever. Hahaha).

I'm not going to lie... this update is based entirely on cannavo 93’s 2015 AFL Jumper Collars template, which I've modified in order to make it fit in with my template. I've done 5 examples using different manufacturer templates and tried to make them as accurate as possible, so there are now unique features (e.g. unique side-panel shape) to each manufacturer. Anyway, here they are:

Anyway, I've enjoyed mucking around with this template... definitely passed the time over the holidays whilst mates were at work or whatever. Cheers for all the feedback given in making this :)

Almost time to go back to uni... so this will be my final update until probably November (if ever. Hahaha).

I'm not going to lie... this update is based entirely on cannavo 93’s 2015 AFL Jumper Collars template, which I've modified in order to make it fit in with my template. I've done 5 examples using different manufacturer templates and tried to make them as accurate as possible, so there are now unique features (e.g. unique side-panel shape) to each manufacturer. Anyway, here they are:

Anyway, I've enjoyed mucking around with this template... definitely passed the time over the holidays whilst mates were at work or whatever. Cheers for all the feedback given in making this :)
Its a nice template. I'd change the shadows on the shoulders, for me it looks like the elbows are pushed forward instead of back to push the chest out.
The back view makes the player look like he is very 'camp' in his pose because of the shadow/gradient. Perhaps because the asymetry looks like he 'dropped' a hip.

GPS pocket is off centre, otherwise it's great!

mfcrox , when you're doing lighter coloured kits, try lightening the shading a little bit. It's probably slightly too hard on the white and yellow kits.

Other than that, brilliant effort! The most unique and interesting template I think i've seen on here.

I love this template. Are you going to upload any time soon?

Brilliant :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back