List Mgmt. Current Contract Status (Updated list in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Matera, McKenzie, Tape, Lonergan all safe IMO.
Raines rookie again(NEAFL)
Rischitelli, Boston, A.Hall would all be nervous.
Gorringe has currency
Shaw, Harbrow & Russell contracted but I'd be surprised if we didn't shop them around.
fa7d713d9a2a2fb1624cc4ee86cad0231dcf07c6288c5f18e8dfa4e0a72466a6.jpg

Yeah probably but you miss my point. If Rischa was contracted for next year I'd have no issue. But he'll be 30 by next season and a 2 year contract is not without risk. I have Ablett, Jaeger, Martin, Prestia, Touk, Bennell, Garlett, Hallahan in front of him in regards to us going forward. Add maybe 2-3 high draft picks for mids as well. I see him as our run with mid and a 1 year contract for a 30 year old isn't crazy. Hawthorn deal in 1 year contracts for their over 30's. Mitchell & Burgoyne signed for 1 year again recently. If it's good enough for them....

Yeah probably but you miss my point. If Rischa was contracted for next year I'd have no issue. But he'll be 30 by next season and a 2 year contract is not without risk. I have Ablett, Jaeger, Martin, Prestia, Touk, Bennell, Garlett, Hallahan in front of him in regards to us going forward. Add maybe 2-3 high draft picks for mids as well. I see him as our run with mid and a 1 year contract for a 30 year old isn't crazy. Hawthorn deal in 1 year contracts for their over 30's. Mitchell & Burgoyne signed for 1 year again recently. If it's good enough for them....
Yeah its a good point you make but he's been busting a gut with a makeshift midfield all year and as VC stepped up and showed good leadership, plus they don't have many old heads to guide the younger blokes as it is. I think it would be just plain rude if they didn't offer him at least 2 years. But its not just Rischa, its Tape being safe, Harbrow and Shaw being shopped around, can't see any of those thing happening.

Just thinking about Dixon's contract situation. Maybe the best outcome for both parties is to sign a one-year extension on around the same money he's on now. That way, Dixon has the chance to make considerably more money next year when he becomes a restricted free agent and the Suns have the chance to keep him if he's worth that.

Gee it seems crazy some of the guys we have on the books after this year... Matera, McKenzie..
They actually weren't too bad yesterday. 2 young blokes who were allowed to do as they pleased for 4 years without any scrutiny. They've been exposed in 3 minutes by Eade. Do we not give them a chance with a gruelling pre season from Rocket?

I actually thought Fish was pretty good last night. Played a very different game from usual and was focused the entire game.

Didn't see much of McKenzie, but didn't see him spud it up like usual either.

They both did their job and can (hopefully) only get better from here.

I actually thought Fish was pretty good last night. Played a very different game from usual and was focused the entire game.

Didn't see much of McKenzie, but didn't see him spud it up like usual either.

They both did their job and can (hopefully) only get better from here.

They were both 5's and 6's in my book...just passes
I guess we judge them harshly because we were led to believe they were the second coming after GAJ

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^^^ I can't help but linger on the "wanted to stay" comment, I would rather it was "wants to stay"

It could just be the writing but if its word for word then it's a clear sign he is out
word for word would have been a quote, but it isn't in the article. I see what you're saying though.

I still stand by, he is worth that 600-700k. We dont have any other forward come close to Dixon and man handling games. If we had to lose Matera and Mckenzie because of it, so be it :)

word for word would have been a quote, but it isn't in the article. I see what you're saying though.

I still stand by, he is worth that 600-700k. We dont have any other forward come close to Dixon and man handling games. If we had to lose Matera and Mckenzie because of it, so be it :)

For 600 I would say ok as well, but the 750 that has been bandied about puts him in the elite pay level and I think out of our reach if we are to be responsible.

For 600 I would say ok as well, but the 750 that has been bandied about puts him in the elite pay level and I think out of our reach if we are to be responsible.
750 is fine with me if he can keep kicking 7 :cool:

There isnt a lot of blokes in the league that can bag 6+ goals a few times a year though. List the names as an exercise, and they would prob be the top forwards in the league. The following have all kicked 6+ this year.

T.Walker (Big $$)
J.Kennedy(Big $$)
J.Bruce
J.Waite
J.Roughhead (Big $$)
J.Stringer
J.Cameron (Big $$)
E.Betts
T.Dickson
J.Daniher
L.Franklin Big $$)
T.Cloke (Big $$)
J.Riewoldt (Big $$)
C.Dixon

There isnt a lot of blokes in the league that can bag 6+ goals a few times a year though. List the names as an exercise, and they would prob be the top forwards in the league. The following have all kicked 6+ this year.

T.Walker (Big $$)
J.Kennedy(Big $$)
J.Bruce
J.Waite
J.Roughhead (Big $$)
J.Stringer
J.Cameron (Big $$)
E.Betts
T.Dickson
J.Daniher
L.Franklin Big $$)
T.Cloke (Big $$)
J.Riewoldt (Big $$)
C.Dixon

Good post on the power key forwards.

Dixon would also be the only likely available big forward. His timing will certainly drive his price up!

I would hate to see him go.

Good post on the power key forwards.

Dixon would also be the only likely available big forward. His timing will certainly drive his price up!

I would hate to see him go.

Kennedy and Dixon the only 2 players to have kicked 6+ twice. All others mentioned have only kicked6 or more on the one occasion.

T.Walker (Big $$)
J.Kennedy(Big $$)
J.Bruce
J.Waite
J.Roughhead (Big $$)
J.Stringer
J.Cameron (Big $$)
E.Betts
T.Dickson
J.Daniher
L.Franklin Big $$)
T.Cloke (Big $$)
J.Riewoldt (Big $$)
C.Dixon

Its a fair point, so lets say we pay him $750, who out of Swallow, Prestia, Lynch, O'Meara, etc are we prepared to lose as we can't pay top dollar to everyone.

Swans won't have any draft picks for grabs but what would a suitable trade be for gorringe?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back