Player Watch #10: Angus Brayshaw – retired due to concussion (22/02). Thanks for everything, Gus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sigh. I feel like it goes without saying, but if you're an opposition (Collingwood) fan looking to come over and get into a fight about Maynard's bump/tribunal case (again), go elsewhere.

No more warnings, cards will be handed out. Please read the room.

Hey guys not to intrude, but I saw this bull of a boy when they played my mob and he was my favourite youngster on the field. This man will do damage very soon, very similar to Ollie Wines, just a bulldozer in the middle with class!. Gem
He's very exciting to watch! Think he might have a bit more run and flair on the outside than Wines (certainly better disposal), though doesn't have Ollie's contested ball/clearance abilities at the same age.

:(
If he has done it, get the surgery now. 4-5 months recovery puts him at the start of preseason...which is running a

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any news? Apparently he had to go to the 'hospital' in Darwin. I wouldn't be letting ang of them vets do anything other than take an X-ray or administer Panadol. Get home mate and see a proper doctor.

Ahhh, such is the lot of the Melbourne supporter. Get a kid who'll be an absolute jet, and we wait for either his head to fall off or he goes 'back home' having only given us his developmental years.

Hard as a cat's head this one. Will probably be BOG next week too.
Gus for PM. I love everything about him. Even his concussion was impressive.

BTW - is there anyone who can explain the expression 'hard as a cat's head' to me? Are cat's heads known for special hardness? It would be good if you could let me know before I get home today and do a spot of empirical testing on available cats.

Gus for PM. I love everything about him. Even his concussion was impressive.

BTW - is there anyone who can explain the expression 'hard as a cat's head' to me? Are cat's heads known for special hardness? It would be good if you could let me know before I get home today and do a spot of empirical testing on available cats.

Cats generally get up from anything other than being hit by oncoming traffic. Also rolls off the tongue a bit better and is more accessible than 'hard as a rhinocerous' head'.

I personally would be surprised if he plays this week. Neck/head injuries are in the 'dont risk it' bucket. He is having more scans today so a muscle/ligament injury could show up too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back