Preview Next AFC Coach For 2016 & Beyond

Next AFC Coach For 2016 & Beyond

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Adelaide Football Club has appointed Scott Camporeale as interim Senior Coach for the remainder of the season.

The Crows have also hired a Coaching Director with former West Coast premiership mentor John Worsfold taking on a full-time role in 2015. Camporeale, who has been at the Crows since 2011, served as Senior Assistant under Phil Walsh who sadly passed away on Friday.

The Club continues to offer counselling to its players, coaches and staff in the wake of the tragedy.

Crows Chief Executive Officer Andrew Fagan said Camporeale is a respected figure with an astute football brain.

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2015-07-06/camporeale-to-coach-worsfold-joins-nest

That is a huge thing for Worsfold to do. Shift states and up heave his life on a whim.

I totally respect him for that.

Hopefully he is willing to do the same role next year with a Nathan Bassett or Stuart Dew type or take the role on as senior coach.

We need to keep this type of resource to move forward on and off the field.

This is an excellent outcome from such a tragic situation as far as the club is concerned. Massive respect for Woosha to step in and help a young coaching group in a full-time capacity. Will be interesting to see how much they've absorbed from Walshy over the past 8-9 months and how much they've grown as coaches. Campo gets a chance to answer his critics.

You beauty. We have Worsfold.

i've been critical of him as result of what went down at West Coast. Coached a heap of druggies. druggies have been getting a lot of attention the last few days. :rolleyes:

However, it is honorable what he's doing. It will have an effect on him, as it will on all coaches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is a huge thing for Worsfold to do. Shift states and up heave his life on a whim.

I totally respect him for that.

Woosha, like Roo, is a leader of men.

Can anyone think of two better blokes to pick us up and lead us out of this?

Brilliant by Worsfold and brilliant by the Adelaide Footy Club.

Hopefully he is willing to do the same role next year with a Nathan Bassett or Stuart Dew type or take the role on as senior coach.

We need to keep this type of resource to move forward on and off the field.

He may not. If it reignites his passion maybe. I'd love a Worsfold/Dew combo but at this point I think the BigFooty coach chess game pales into insignificance when we have a man who has stepped up, and out of his comfort zone (including his place of residence of 46 years) to help us out. Total respect.

Does the role of coaching director involve Woosha being at every game for the rest of the year? will he be in the box week in and week out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back