Campbell's Chunky

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts
I going on the record - he will be the senior coach next year.

This is him analysing, evaluating players and coaches and giving him time to implement a plan of attack for next year.

Instead of trying to do it over 3 days when he is appointed in late October, he will work with the list manager and recuiting team for what we need and who is going to get delisted.
Possibly, but I don't think they make that decision within 48 hours.

Thank you Woosha for joining us, means a lot to the entire fanbase, the players and the club. #WeFlyAsOne

ManInTheArena

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
This wouldn't have been a selfish decision by Campo either, which I think we need to keep in mind. I'm sure there would not have been a thought about "what's best for me". I think that's obvious for Worsfold but applies to Campo as well. He would have probably spent the most time with Walsh out of anyone else at the club. His mentor and mate was just murdered by his son. Lets remember that throughout the remainder of this season. We need to get around Campo this year. He's taken on the role in tragic circumstances and needs everyone's support.

dylan123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Are you thinking about the equalisation fund?

The footy department gets taxed on spending and that goes to the equalisation fund but no salary cap.
Might be right on it being taxed rather then it being a cap. I just seem to remember talk about with this new 'cap' or whatever it should help prevent clubs from sacking coaches so hastily, so it might just be a tax where it costs them that much more if they wish to go down that path.

rezagun

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
This is a good solid way to get worsfold back into the coaching role without disturbing the structures and peices that walsh had in place for season 15. He will work his way back into the system of afl coaching behind the scenes and without the added pressure of being head coach from day 1. The hunger to be senior coach will return. He will watch, calculate, give advice, demand high standards and most of all be a father figure to alot the boys. He wont be able to replace walshy but imo was the next best man available. Well done john and well done afc.

Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Legs, Wests Tigers
Dont underestimate Campo guys. I didnt like him as a footballer but I think we all underestimate his coaching ability.

He is a lot harder than most people think.
I think you're right. His willingness to give some tough love to Danger during the Hawks game was a bit of an eye opener for me. Was great to see tbh.

woosha.png

Words fail. Truly amazing.

I guess I can't hate Woosha anymore for taking out Modra.

Want to talk about #elitestandards? talk about our admin right now.

Thanks for that, I didnt know how to ask if he was the one that took out Modra many years ago. Of course its irrelevant, but I was curious.

alex_is_on_fire

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 25, 2010
Meekatharra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors NBA Champions
Might be right on it being taxed rather then it being a cap. I just seem to remember talk about with this new 'cap' or whatever it should help prevent clubs from sacking coaches so hastily, so it might just be a tax where it costs them that much more if they wish to go down that path.

But we don't know how much they are getting paid. I would struggle to see our assistant coaches are not getting much much more than $150,000 to $200,000 a year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
Anyone who thinks your CEO / Directors don't matter? Look at AFC for proof that it is essential to have the right people at the top of your club.

Amazing work by these guys, clear and strong in a time of the worst adversity ...

Look at us supporters - what a change. We are applauding our administrators, we are backing our club to do the right thing. That was a pipe-dream not long ago.

For Campo. This goes one of two ways ... either you stamp yourself on the role or you move aside. Lets see if you can bring the passion and elite standards that are our new benchmark. I will back you.

For John Worsfold, I cannot tell you how highly I rate you. You are a man who walks the walk. We are humbled by your decision to become part of our club in it's hour of need.

mickfaxis

Club Legend
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Great appointment from the club. You'd think this rules Woosha out of the Carlton job for 2016.

adelcrows

Club Legend
Mar 10, 2001
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool,Yankees,E Freo!
I have struggled to get any work done since the news came out.. I was seriously wondering where the club was at now as this was just such a sad and sudden tragedy. This news has given me back the hope that we have all been holding the past 9 months, regardless of Woosha being there next year or not, we have the admin team at the top of the tree that will handle this and move us forward, the culture at this club has changed very much for the better and we can see it in everything that the club does these days..

lunacy

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Yeah Campo cops a bad rap on bf for some misinformed reason. Probably because he was around with NC & BS.

Walsh spoke so glowingly of Campo and said their philosophies were very aligned. He also said Campo was an elite midfield coach.

I've also heard Bickley as well as a number of players say he can be a hard ass and isn't afraid to dish out a man conversation of his own.

Now I don't want him to be senior coach in 2016 but I think he is the right choice as interim coach and I'm sick of him copping a bad rap from guys who just assume he's no good without any knowledge of such claims.

sworc

Debutant
Apr 6, 2009
Regional Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Regardless of wether Woosha continues next year or not, IMO the effect his decision to come on board will have immediate huge benefit for the playing group at this time in their lives. As healing and wonderful news this is for us supporters, magnify this many fold for the playing group. Thanks Woosha.

dylan123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
But we don't know how much they are getting paid. I would struggle to see our assistant coaches are not getting much much more than $150,000 to $200,000 a year.
Yeah no idea myself, wasn't really disagreeing with any of what you were saying originally in that it would/wouldn't be possible, more that I thought there was a cap on spending for the staff which I'm now not so sure if I'm right or more of a tax for going over as you suggested.

Nov 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool | Golden State Warriors
Fantastic appointment. Right man for the right role.

Glad he's taken more of a backseat / oversight role, as I think he lost track of the nuances of the game and the direction it was heading when he became stale at WCE. Plus there were some personal factors at play which appeared to dull his enthusiasm for the role.

Hopefully his time away from the game has re-energised him.

ManInTheArena

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah Campo cops a bad rap on bf for some misinformed reason. Probably because he was around with NC & BS.

Walsh spoke so glowingly of Campo and said their philosophies were very aligned. He also said Campo was an elite midfield coach.

I've also heard Bickley as well as a number of players say he can be a hard ass and isn't afraid to dish out a man conversation of his own.

Now I don't want him to be senior coach in 2016 but I think he is the right choice as interim coach and I'm sick of him copping a bad rap from guys who just assume he's no good without any knowledge of such claims.

I didn't give him a bad rap but our midfield setups were terrible under Sando and I think people here blamed that on the midfield coach which is fair enough. I think most on here now would take their words back but that's BigFooty.

Regardless of any of that, what people thought and said, what they didn't think or say, let's just forget it and get around him 100%. Let's support him this season like no other coach has been supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back