News New CEO - Andrew Fagan

Remove this Banner Ad

Fagan is a gun.

Thank God he's our CEO right now, and no other inferior.

I remember that first press conference when he was introduced and there seemed to be lots of 'ummmms' and 'aaahh's type pauses suggesting he wasn't sure what to say. Not confidence inspiring. The reality of the last months and especially the tragic last few days is the exact opposite. Breeds confidence and gives the impression he is right amongst it but also standing one step above. Glad the Crows appointed him.

I remember that first press conference when he was introduced and there seemed to be lots of 'ummmms' and 'aaahh's type pauses suggesting he wasn't sure what to say. Not confidence inspiring. The reality of the last months and especially the tragic last few days is the exact opposite. Breeds confidence and gives the impression he is right amongst it but also standing one step above. Glad the Crows appointed him.
Interesting point of view. I saw it differently. I was super impressed the moment I first heard him.

Hes a ripping bloke. And keeps on demonstrating his great leadership.

The next 6 months of decisions will be crucial to the future culture of our club. Clearly thats bigger than just him - but im glad hes in the hotseat.

Keep in mind its only a month or so til Alana and he become parents together. He needs some time for that as well. I hope he takes it.

Isn't the story that Tex found him?

Sat next to him at something, or heard him speak somewhere, and told Roo he was a gun?

Had not heard that - gold

Hes a ripping bloke. And keeps on demonstrating his great leadership.

The next 6 months of decisions will be crucial to the future culture of our club. Clearly thats bigger than just him - but im glad hes in the hotseat.

Keep in mind its only a month or so til Alana and he become parents together. He needs some time for that as well. I hope he takes it.

I can see it now - "Ms Smith & Mr Fagan welcome Philip Fagan-Smith into the world."

Tough gig. One full season as CEO and two Head Coach searches.

He just keeps nailing it every time he's called up though. I'm proud to be a member for the first time in years.

Fagan has been very impressive, what a baptism of fire.. he has handled himself well and spoke great on behalf of all of us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see it now - "Ms Smith & Mr Fagan welcome Philip Fagan-Smith into the world."

I love your sentiment but sadly, this is not Andrew Fagans first trip around the roundabout dealing with a player/coaches death.

Shawn Mackey pased away when he was the CEO of the ACT Brumbies.

They also have has a life before the crows but if what you said happens, it would be awesome.

I thought it was Tex - someone told the story during an interview earlier last week.

I might be wrong, I was at work and only half listening.

I've never heard that story.

I was under the impression he simply applied and then blew them away in his interview.

Had a brief conversation to him over the weekend as im sure a few others here did. He just exudes confidence and leadership, I have been impressed from day 1 but now...... the guy is a gem.

Fagan hasn't put a foot wrong since joining the Crows. He has that aura of being for the people whilst remaining a step above (if that makes sense). The complete opposite feeling I got from Trigg when he was representing our club.

He instils a belief that the club, as a whole, has a defined direction now, whereas we often seemed rudderless under the previous administration. It's also nice not having to cringe listening to him talk to the media.

I just wanted to put here how impressed I am with Fagan. On the weekend he attended both of our functions and spoke briefly at the post match, but then came to the breakfast the next morning (even though he wasn't scheduled to) and was interviewed for half an hour. He was really impressive and inspires much confidence. Now having seen how he has dealt with this tragedy, I am even more impressed. We are in good hands. Also thought Chappy has been good too.

I thought it was Tex - someone told the story during an interview earlier last week.

I might be wrong, I was at work and only half listening.
is there a chance you're confusing that with Tex's impressions of Walsh speaking for Dean Bailey?

Tex said he was captivated and had to meet him.

No, it was definitely relating to Fagan.

I just wanted to put here how impressed I am with Fagan. On the weekend he attended both of our functions and spoke briefly at the post match, but then came to the breakfast the next morning (even though he wasn't scheduled to) and was interviewed for half an hour. He was really impressive and inspires much confidence. Now having seen how he has dealt with this tragedy, I am even more impressed. We are in good hands. Also thought Chappy has been good too.

It's a positive and refreshing change from the fortress mentality; Trigg put himself in a position where a lot of supporters loathed him, so he stayed away from them.

Fagan has been embraced, and is embracing the supporters in return.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back