KDFL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thats not his asking price he signed at stanhope for 500 a game he was on half that at ardmona
Faaark me... If that's his asking price no wonder the bushcats r in strife financially! Handy player but $600...?

Faaark me... If that's his asking price no wonder the bushcats r in strife financially! Handy player but $600...?
The cats are in strife financially because the president doesn't know how to budget you can't spend 2 dollars if you're only making 1. It's not willows fault he's given his budget and thats what he works with

From what I have been told, its the obvious witch is. Yes players have left the club due to match payments been cut. And that the rumour that the club going to fold is faulse. Most of the 2s players will now need to step up and play 1s or both. And all players need to make more effort to get to club functions.

This is where the points system might actually work next year.
How , it would appear based upon their ladder position they have needed every player they have had , which won't be restricted by the points system . Whilst from what you hear and read they were spending alot less than the average club was , which is likely to be the salary cap .

How , it would appear based upon their ladder position they have needed every player they have had , which won't be restricted by the points system . Whilst from what you hear and read they were spending alot less than the average club was , which is likely to be the salary cap .

Not sure they were spending much less at all.
Agree that clubs like longwood, Ardmona, girgarre etc will struggle to make a climb without blowing some points. Unless lower clubs are allowed more points than top clubs.

Players that transfer mid season will attract penalty points if coming from the same competition, the reference was to clubs picking up players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a crisis meeting at cat land just a club meeting to inform everyone what is actually going on and to settle a few "rumors" that where going around.
Good to hear mate, hopefully they work it out & can field a team for the rest of the year! No 1 (well certainly not me) likes to see any club in this position no matters who's fault or the circumstances.... Best of luck mate :thumbsu:

Luke Trevena and Dylan Moncur from Ardmona, Seamus Herrick and Lachlan Whiting from Eastern FL.
Seamus Herrick. Ex-Echuca, ex-St Patrick's College, Ballarat. A hard at it tagging type last time I watched him play. Definitely no jet! Quality bloke though.

Not sure they were spending much less at all.
Agree that clubs like longwood, Ardmona, girgarre etc will struggle to make a climb without blowing some points. Unless lower clubs are allowed more points than top clubs.
I think we can take it for granted that sides who have not enjoyed as much success recently will be afforded more points , if not why have equalisation ?

Great to see one D McWhinney in the best today for the Gum. As a very capable Merrigum product I hope he is part of the big plan for this year.

He is certainly in the mix. Always performs well in the seniors has had some poorly timed injuries which have held him back a bit the past year, but I'd rate him as being in the best team.
Also don't forget Pell, Connally, Tom and Greg Sullivan, Kilmartin, fitzimmons, Matthews etc were all thirds products. With other senior guys also living in the town. Macca is hardly a rare case..

He is certainly in the mix. Always performs well in the seniors has had some poorly timed injuries which have held him back a bit the past year, but I'd rate him as being in the best team.
Also don't forget Pell, Connally, Tom and Greg Sullivan, Kilmartin, fitzimmons, Matthews etc were all thirds products. With other senior guys also living in the town. Macca is hardly a rare case..
Well hasn't undera's game 'plan' changed under the new coach and recruits.
Last weeks game against Merrigum was good hard tough footy yesterday was at times bullshit

Well hasn't undera's game 'plan' changed under the new coach and recruits.
Last weeks game against Merrigum was good hard tough footy yesterday was at times bullshit
C'mon David is an angel and always plays the game in the right spirit!:p

From what I have been told, its the obvious witch is. Yes players have left the club due to match payments been cut. And that the rumour that the club going to fold is faulse. Most of the 2s players will now need to step up and play 1s or both. And all players need to make more effort to get to club functions.
There was a function there on Saturday night was it well attended

Good to hear mate, hopefully they work it out & can field a team for the rest of the year! No 1 (well certainly not me) likes to see any club in this position no matters who's fault or the circumstances.... Best of luck mate :thumbsu:
Having that pump stolen before the season started & having to spend a fair bit of coin to replace it (even if that was covered by insurance, there's no way that Ardmona would've been fully re-imbursed for this theft), certainly didn't help, and it seemed that they didn't budget for the downturn in revenue from the usual sources, and them doing the typical Ardmona thing of jerking the league around to get their affiliation fees paid on time, led to the situation at hand.

It's a bitter pill to swallow for Ardmona, but one that they must have do if only not to choke on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back