Discussion on Phil Walsh killing; Warning: Disturbing content

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an entirely different discussion, but there are drugs, and then there are drugs.

E isn't in the same class as Ice, Coke is nowhere near as bad as Heroin (I've never taken any drugs, for the record); the entire approach to drugs in society is pretty immature, in my opinion.

I think with what is coming out, it is very clear that drugs have a major part in this tragedy! So it is very relevant to Phil's tragic death, and believe this could be used as a fight against drugs through AFL football! What better way to get through to the youth of Australia? Like I said use this tragedy for good where it could save lives!

Not true.

It might have more to do with people he knew and could trust.
I guess that's a fair call, if it's sensitive information.

No doubt there are a lot of new / intermittent readers here at the moment. Phil Walsh's death was a tragedy in every respect and I sense it has struck a chord with many, for a variety of reasons.

I'm hearing your view but this Ice drug is out of control and very very addictive where it kills your ability to produce endorphins making the only way to get that feel good or high is too have more drugs! You lose the ability to feel good basically! It's out of control I was in Canberra recently and spoke to some federal MP'S about what it is doing to some regional communities and it's deadset scary!
Definitely, I have seen close friends change from it. Hard to deal with in any right way.
Find it funny a federal MP was telling you about the serious problems it's causing in regional areas, yet they're cutting funding to these problems.

Coke is in no way safe, and hugely addictive. As far as class A substances go, pure MDMA (ecstasy) is by far and away the safest.

There are also mental issues caused by alcohol too, and it does a shitload more damage to society than weed ever has.

Didn't say it was safe, no drug is safe! But it is a pure drug with probably the least side affects which is why it is so expensive! Alcohol has it's issues also with more than just mental side affects but our society deems it legal! But so are smokes and they have killed millions world wide

Definitely, I have seen close friends change from it. Hard to deal with in any right way.
Find it funny a federal MP was telling you about the serious problems it's causing in regional areas, yet they're cutting funding to these problems.

In the south east and eyre peninsula they are encountering enormous problems and are taking the threat seriously! I hope they can find a solution! I also hope the AFL helps in lieu of this tragedy!

Did cy follow his parents to WA when Phil worked for the Eagles?
Phil started with Eagles for the 2009 season. From Cy's blog, there's talk of Adelaide night clubs in June 2009. So I dare say at least early, Cy stayed in Adelaide.

Didn't say it was safe, no drug is safe! But it is a pure drug with probably the least side affects which is why it is so expensive! Alcohol has it's issues also with more than just mental side affects but our society deems it legal! But so are smokes and they have killed millions world wide

The cost of cocaine in Australia is related to our geographical location, and has nothing to do with how pure the drug is. Incredibly toxic chemicals and solvents such as kerosine, ether, and acetone are used in its production.

Exactly. Alcohol and Tobacco do more damage than every other illicit substance on the planet combined. I'm not defending drugs here, but just because something is legal, doesn't mean its safe when used irresponsibly (tobacco is just evil full stop).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The cost of cocaine in Australia is related to our geographical location, and has nothing to do with how pure the drug is. Incredibly toxic chemicals and solvents such as kerosine, ether, and acetone are used in its production.

Exactly. Alcohol and Tobacco do more damage than every other illicit substance on the planet combined. I'm not defending drugs here, but just because something is legal, doesn't mean its safe when used irresponsibly (tobacco is just evil full stop).

Yeah I'm dead against tobacco but understand how people are addicted yet the government seem to be ok with it regardless of the health issues and cost on the health system as it's outweighed by the income they receive.

But as for these recreational drugs it is pointing towards Cy being a regular user and to do what he did I don't think any person not on drugs could do such an act. It is the perfect opportunity for the AFL to take a stance and throw this three strike policy in the bin. And give it a zero policy, do it and make Phil's life really mean something and if it has the result of saving half a dozen kids from going down the wrong path, I'm sure PHil would want to be remembered in that way, in fact more than anything the Crows can achieve or any medal being named after him!

This thread is about Phil Walsh's murder, can we please respect that and not turn it in to a legal drugs vs illegal drugs debate, it is a polarising subject and we all have our own opinions.

Totally agree. There has to be better places to do it than this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This thread is about Phil Walsh's murder, can we please respect that and not turn it in to a legal drugs vs illegal drugs debate, it is a polarising subject and we all have our own opinions.

It is appearing Phil's murder was a direct result of drugs, so we can talk about how he was stabbed, and what I heard today I wouldn't even want to type that! So this whole tragic incident has been caused by the evil being drugs, people need to realise this and be upfront enough to talk about it!

It is appearing Phil's murder was a direct result of drugs, so we can talk about how he was stabbed, and what I heard today I wouldn't even want to type that! So this whole tragic incident has been caused by the evil being drugs, people need to realise this and be upfront enough to talk about it!
Has it actually been ascertained that the actions were a 'direct result' of drugs. Surely, there must also be more to it. There are a lot of drug-takers that don't murder (their parents).

(Coke) is a pure drug with probably the least side affects which is why it is so expensive!

Every single point you've made in this sentence is incorrect.

Yeah I'm dead against tobacco but understand how people are addicted yet the government seem to be ok with it regardless of the health issues and cost on the health system as it's outweighed by the income they receive.

But as for these recreational drugs it is pointing towards Cy being a regular user and to do what he did I don't think any person not on drugs could do such an act. It is the perfect opportunity for the AFL to take a stance and throw this three strike policy in the bin. And give it a zero policy, do it and make Phil's life really mean something and if it has the result of saving half a dozen kids from going down the wrong path, I'm sure PHil would want to be remembered in that way, in fact more than anything the Crows can achieve or any medal being named after him!

Again, not trying to defend drugs here, but this is simply not true. Mental illness causing violent outbursts exists in people without the presence of recreational drugs.

Is it appearing that the murder is a result of drugs because of facts or because of assumptions?

I've not seen any evidence whatsoever that Cy Walsh killed his dad because he was on drugs.

Maybe he was. Maybe he wasn't. It's clear there's far more to the story than just a bloke doing drugs though. To assume otherwise is foolish.

Again, not trying to defend drugs here, but this is simply not true. Mental illness causing violent outbursts exists in people without the presence of recreational drugs.

Yes it does, but to add drugs to that mix and it's pretty evident that it could cause fatal results!

Do you think it would be an opportune time if drugs were involved for it to be published and the AFL get behind a push for zero tolerance to drugs by changing their soft policy on drugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back