Cruisin' down the ladder on a s**t, s**t run
Suddenly the bulldogs, we've ended up behind
Weak voice pleading, "Just give the structures some time"
It's Brad preaching words of comfort, Bigfooty just rolls it's eyes
In a couple of weeks we're gonna end up 6 and 9

How bizarre
How bizarre, how bizarre

Ooooh Scotty, ooooh Scotty.
You're taking us nowhere (you're taking us nowhere)

Every time we're on the ground, every-time-we're-on-the-ground

Every time we're on the ground, we're a disgrace.

I haven't been this disgusted in our club since the Port Elimination humiliation in 2005. I sat there at Etihad and watched a totally listless bunch of pea hearts play some of the worst football I'd ever witnessed from a North side and turned to my mate as the final siren sounded and said " * this mob, I'm totally over our club. We have a President who seems intent on railroading us to another state, a membership worth sweet * all because I don't even get a say and now a dispirited bunch of impostors wearing my jumper and being flogged in front of our home crowd." I pulled the pin on my membership then & there for the first time since I got my first Junior Supporters Club pack at the age of 9. I was 35 and within a year jumped back on board for the hard yards in 2007.

I feel marginally better now than i did then.

We've been sold a lemon and the taste is very, very bitter.

2010. We lost to St.Kilda by a 100 points in round 2. With relatively the same side that beat them 3 games prior.
It was our biggest loss to the Saints ever. After the game the loss was deemed allowable on the basis that the team was building and there were no expectations on us.

2011. We got pumped by Collingwood at the G. I was bereft of confidence after this game but once again I was told to shut up because the team would come good. This was 4 years ago mind you. We made Swallow Captain end of the year to signify a new era.

2012. We got pumped in Tasmania by Hawthorn. The wake up call that was needed apparently. The previous two years beltings were deemed acceptable and this was meant to be the last one. Or so it seemed. This loss clicked us into gear before we got belted in Perth in that final. False dawn. We extended the coaches contract.

2013. 8 losses by under 16 points. Three capitulations against Adelaide, West Coast and Brisbane. Cost us a finals spot by a game. One game. Though the signs were there. Team was playing with flair. It was bareable. Bigger and better things to come.

2014. We got Dal Santo. Gavin Brown. Leigh Tudor. Cameron Ling. 2014 was the year wed solidify ourselves as a contender. Round 1 we were pantsed by the Essendon. Final warning North. FINAL WARNING. And it worked. Sorta. Beat Port. Beat the Swans. Beat Freo. Maybe. Just maybe wed turn the corner. Lost to Collingwood. Lost to Gold Coast. Lost to Adelaide. Lost to Brisbane. Lost to Carlton. Enough North we screamed. And yes we earnt a home final stringing 6 wins together to finish off the year and got 2 finals wins out of the process. Thumped in the prelim but we'll be better for it. Right. For all the backward steps we made large gains. Finished top 4. We would be the hunted now.

Enter 2015. Enter Jarred Waite. Enter Shaun Higgins. Enter round 1. 77 point loss to Adelaide. We all knew it was over during this game. Lets not kid ourselves. Fast forward 3 months to the bye. Playing bottom with finals on the line. The unloseable game. Surely we couldnt? We joked wed shut the doors if we lost this. 55 point drubbing. The weekend match was the straw the broke the camals back. It wasnt rage, or anger or highly emotive outbursts. It was the realisation that after 6 years nothing would become of this team and that itll be a much longer wait until we see further success. This is why it is different to 2006 and 2007 and 2009. We were sold a fraud. It was all a waste of time. Every resource under the sun and it was pissed away time and time again.

And you know what was the problem going back all the way to round 2, 2010. Fear of failure. There was none. No one was dropped after that Saints game. Just like no one was dropped in round 1 in Adelaide.
I lay the blame on one person and one person only. To be quite honest I dont see how the coaching position can continue to be tenable. If a thorough self-examination were done ala Dean on himself in 2009, the signs are clear. To use the term 'performance appraisal' I see majority fails across the board. Thats what the team has been simply. A fail. You dont get to sit the same exam twice folks. Just remember that.

In the tune of B52's loveshack

Oh we see an ageing side and we're at a fork in the road
but no need to fret because this week braaaaaad's BACK!

Brads back yeah-oh-yeah..

We're heading down the ladder the wrong wayyyyy
not looking for that prelim that got away (that prelim got away..)

I got me a Waite that's as slow as a snail but play him anyway now br-ad-ad-ads back
I got me a unicorn that seats about 20 so hurry up and bring your membership money

The finals are gone but brads hanging on to keep this squad together
Brads back, baby (a-Brads back baby)
Brads back, baby, Brads back
Brads back, baby, Brads back

Crocks says - everything's cool cause hugs rule when br-ad-ad-ads back
Well it started way back when brad had a crack at flying the flag as just being crap
Glitter on the playing group
Glitter on the spirit yeah
Glitter on the guernsey
Glitter on the spirit

Brads back from his back attack so we should head to Etihad and get together
Brads back, baby (Brads back, baby)
Brads back, that's where it's at
Brads back, that's where it's at

Open roof... Busted!!

Last edited:
Sherm, quite possibly POTY, but this bit is pure genius...

Crocks says - everything's cool cause hugs rule when br-ad-ad-ads back
Bravo my good man.

Sherm, quite possibly POTY, but this bit is pure genius...

Bravo my good man.
My fave?

"I got me a unicorn that seats about 20 so hurry up and bring your membership money"

Brilliant

2010. We lost to St.Kilda by a 100 points in round 2. With relatively the same side that beat them 3 games prior.
It was our biggest loss to the Saints ever. After the game the loss was deemed allowable on the basis that the team was building and there were no expectations on us.

2011. We got pumped by Collingwood at the G. I was bereft of confidence after this game but once again I was told to shut up because the team would come good. This was 4 years ago mind you. We made Swallow Captain end of the year to signify a new era.

2012. We got pumped in Tasmania by Hawthorn. The wake up call that was needed apparently. The previous two years beltings were deemed acceptable and this was meant to be the last one. Or so it seemed. This loss clicked us into gear before we got belted in Perth in that final. False dawn. We extended the coaches contract.

2013. 8 losses by under 16 points. Three capitulations against Adelaide, West Coast and Brisbane. Cost us a finals spot by a game. One game. Though the signs were there. Team was playing with flair. It was bareable. Bigger and better things to come.

2014. We got Dal Santo. Gavin Brown. Leigh Tudor. Cameron Ling. 2014 was the year wed solidify ourselves as a contender. Round 1 we were pantsed by the Essendon. Final warning North. FINAL WARNING. And it worked. Sorta. Beat Port. Beat the Swans. Beat Freo. Maybe. Just maybe wed turn the corner. Lost to Collingwood. Lost to Gold Coast. Lost to Adelaide. Lost to Brisbane. Lost to Carlton. Enough North we screamed. And yes we earnt a home final stringing 6 wins together to finish off the year and got 2 finals wins out of the process. Thumped in the prelim but we'll be better for it. Right. For all the backward steps we made large gains. Finished top 4. We would be the hunted now.

Enter 2015. Enter Jarred Waite. Enter Shaun Higgins. Enter round 1. 77 point loss to Adelaide. We all knew it was over during this game. Lets not kid ourselves. Fast forward 3 months to the bye. Playing bottom with finals on the line. The unloseable game. Surely we couldnt? We joked wed shut the doors if we lost this. 55 point drubbing. The weekend match was the straw the broke the camals back. It wasnt rage, or anger or highly emotive outbursts. It was the realisation that after 6 years nothing would become of this team and that itll be a much longer wait until we see further success. This is why it is different to 2006 and 2007 and 2009. We were sold a fraud. It was all a waste of time. Every resource under the sun and it was pissed away time and time again.

And you know what was the problem going back all the way to round 2, 2010. Fear of failure. There was none. No one was dropped after that Saints game. Just like no one was dropped in round 1 in Adelaide.
I lay the blame on one person and one person only. To be quite honest I dont see how the coaching position can continue to be tenable. If a thorough self-examination were done ala Dean on himself in 2009, the signs are clear. To use the term 'performance appraisal' I see majority fails across the board. Thats what the team has been simply. A fail. You dont get to sit the same exam twice folks. Just remember that.

it pisses me off when I can't disagree with you.

I was happen for the leniency in the first two years but from there onwards they should have been treated like men, but no they are still being treated like prats with entitlement issues.

2007: Finished 4th when journalists tipped us to be Wooden Spooners.
2008: Finished 7th because of the Port Adelaide belting. Cost us a second chance.
2009: Finished 13th.

There was plenty of angst post 2008's demise quickly followed by 2009's shyte. Plenty! I agree there's a different feel to the current virtual atmosphere around here but it's not entirely foreign to me........sadly.

Seeing hope (inflated based on expectations after last season) extinguished before our eyes and realising how far back we are, if this is indeed our nadir, is depressing. The fact we have all of our decent draft selections from 2014 out for the season just rubs salt into the wound.

There was plenty of angst post 2008's demise quickly followed by 2009's shyte. Plenty! I agree there's a different feel to the current virtual atmosphere around here but it's not entirely foreign to me.

Seeing hope (inflated based on expectations after last season) extinguished before our eyes and realising how far back we are, if this is indeed our nadir, is depressing. The fact we have all of our decent draft selections from 2014 out for the season just rubs salt into the wound.
Yep. Can't argue that but when the coach accepts the mediocrity... It adds more salt to the wounds. 6 years and we are still yet to become a powerhouse. I guess we will have to wait another 15 years...

Edit: we don't have the personnel to line up for a premiership. Unless we tank, we don't have a chance. Unfortunately it seems like 2014 was our last opportunity. Depressing.

Last edited:
2006: Finished 14th.
2007: Finished 4th when journalists tipped us to be Wooden Spooners.
2008: Finished 7th because of the Port Adelaide belting. Cost us a second chance.
2009: Finished 13th.
2010: Finished 9th and missed finals because of a low percentage.
2011: Finished 9th again.
2012: Finished 8th but could have finished higher if we didn't run out of gas.
2013: Finished 10th due to close losses and lack of leadership.
2014: Finished 6th due to a inconsistent year. Could have finished 4th and had a second chance. In the end, we didn't need it but it's hard to beat Sydney who had a week off.

Notice how we haven't finished dead last or anywhere near dead last. If we had finished last in 2007 or 2009, we could have had priority picks that would be at their peak right now. Instead we got decent players that are good, but not good enough to be called a Fyfe or Ablett. Maybe development was the issue but maybe it's both.

I agree with the above if we could of had two years of shitness that would of given us a couple more top ten draft picks and we would be vastly different than now. Honestly trade out big time this year for a couple of draft picks and away we go...

I watched the dogs and saints on the weekend , man they are both playing great football, I am honestly jealous of the saints they look great...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sadly this is north board post of the year......some one at the club needs to be reading what's being said here right now...
Normally after a loss like this there is a poster that says cheer up it's not that bad, HAVE NOT SEEN THAT THIS WEEK.......

Sadly this is north board post of the year......some one at the club needs to be reading what's being said here right now...
Normally after a loss like this there is a poster that says cheer up it's not that bad, HAVE NOT SEEN THAT THIS WEEK.......

Phillyroo and wild bill haven't been here yet.

There will be some party lines thrown out once they're here I'd think though.

To be honest I reckon a lot of the angst is because no one truly believes there will be big changes made, at least before the end of the year. Scott's contract extension means he is sticking around until at least the end of 2015, and if we scrape into the finals it gives him some leeway.

Footy Classified is about to tear us another ass...seems to happen 4 weeks the past 3 seasons.

Yeah but the issue is that everyone in the media thinks Brad Scott has done no wrong

Nothing was mentioned about this awful culture he has implemented onto this club

Craig did mention that he has had 6 years and only one mediocre finals appearance and said brad Scott was going to come at review at the end of the year and Gary 100% defended him and said "brad won't be going anywhere, what's your problem with him"

The Caroline went and said "well Damien Hardwick has had the same amount of time on his contract why are you targeting Brad"

/facepalm

Yeah but the issue is that everyone in the media thinks Brad Scott has done no wrong

Nothing was mentioned about this awful culture he has implemented onto this club

Craig did mention that he has had 6 years and only one mediocre finals appearance and said brad Scott was going to come at review at the end of the year and Gary 100% defended him and said "brad won't be going anywhere, what's your problem with him"

The Caroline went and said "well Damien Hardwick has had the same amount of time on his contract why are you targeting Brad"

/facepalm

It pays to have golden tonsils. His excellent media performances, including at times the stern look to show he really does mean business, no longer fool most of us. The media people are yet to wake up but they will eventually.

Also, I was surprised by the number of talkback callers (generally footy punters, not North supporters) who cut us slack on the basis that we were coming out of the bye and playing a team that was not coming out of the bye.

I have no idea if this bye thing is real but even if it is, it was all the more reason why we should have been aware of it and risen above it.

It will be interesting to see what effect it has on Geelong this week.

Blighty went nuts at the approach to this after the game.

My Son cried at the end of this game because he was 7 and it was the biggest loss he'd seen. He no longer cries at losses just gets shitty like his old man.

It pays to have golden tonsils. His excellent media performances, including at times the stern look to show he really does mean business, no longer fool most of us. The media people are yet to wake up but they will eventually.

Also, I was surprised by the number of talkback callers (generally footy punters, not North supporters) who cut us slack on the basis that we were coming out of the bye and playing a team that was not coming out of the bye.

I have no idea if this bye thing is real but even if it is, it was all the more reason why we should have been aware of it and risen above it.

It will be interesting to see what effect it has on Geelong this week.

Apparently during this 'bye period' there were 9 occasions where a team came off a bye against a team who played the previous week and only one of them won - Carlton against Port. Thankfully I didn't hear this, or the gastro excuse, coming from anyone at North because if I did I'd just about explode.

As a media performer, Brad Scott is the best coach we've ever had. His face always portrays the right emotion for the situation even if his words are hollow. He speaks positively, is patient with reporters or fans who ask questions, answers every question and is never dismissive. He is an easy guy to like and if you're not invested into what he's selling and how he's selling, it's easy to buy into him. The comparisons with Hardwick are obvious in every respect as they were appointed within weeks of each other at clubs at around the same level. Hardwick is no Mick Malthouse when it comes to the media but he treats trite questions with disdain, sits with poor body language, is evasive with some questions and recently even stormed out of his own press conference. When his team is struggling, it looks like he's struggling too. He's easy for the media to take a pot shot at.

Unlike Brad, Hardwick also coaches a big club who aim for 70,000 members instead of celebrating 40,000. He doesn't have to play the salesman as much as Brad does. And by the nature of Richmond fans (volatile, but loyal), putting the boots into them gets more traction than taking a swing at Brad. Recently on AFL360 Robbo and Gerard started on North but got to a point where they ran out anything to say and just sat there for a seemingly endless amount of "dead air" before moving onto something else. They didn't care enough to tip into the team or the coach.

Express post to Geoff Walsh along with Flawed Genius' Questions.

Recently on AFL360 Robbo and Gerard started on North but got to a point where they ran out anything to say and just sat there for a seemingly endless amount of "dead air" before moving onto something else. They didn't care enough to tip into the team or the coach.
I saw this and thought the exact same thing. They kind of did the same thing last night. Robbo called us an embarrassment, said we leave our hearts at home when playing away, basically called us frauds then was about to get stuck into our midfield, but then said move on, like he couldn't be bothered wasting anymore breath on us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back