Opinion Treloar, meet kitchen sink

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GWS can't over demand or they risk losing players to the draft (assuming Treloar is out of contract).

I think a first gets it done but GWS may not want a first.

GWS are likely to want a senior player. In particular a Key defender or Ruckman. David Astbury is about all we have with any experience other than Batchelor or Grimes.

I'd float our 1st and Astbury for Treloar and their second and third. Some might say no chance but GWS may not need their second or third picks if they find another first.

The other option would be Griffiths or Vickery.

For interest I've added the ages. Guy is averaging 27 disposals and 5 tackles a game. Is an out and out gun. But I've seen too many doozys fly by to belive we can make it happen. :(
He is an absolute jet...not in the top ten yet. And wont be for a couple of years. He would be huge for us!

After watching him on the weekend he reminds me of Brandon Ellis. Just checked some stats and it's surprising how similar they are. Treloar probably handballs more than Ellis but otherwise pretty even. Treloar plays inside a little more than Ellis so you could argue that's why his contested scare up and so too handballs.

Question is how much do we pay for another Brando or do we look elswhere for speed and X factor in say a Bennel or similar?

image.jpg

GWS can't over demand or they risk losing players to the draft (assuming Treloar is out of contract).

GWS are likely to want a senior player. In particular a Key defender or Ruckman. David Astbury is about all we have with any experience other than Batchelor or Grimes.

I'd float our 1st and Astbury for Treloar and their second and third. Some might say no chance but GWS may not need their second or third picks if they find another first.

The other option would be Griffiths or Vickery.

If we said no to Pick 18 and Astbury I'd burn down the whole of Punt Rd.

After watching him on the weekend he reminds me of Brandon Ellis. Just checked some stats and it's surprising how similar they are. Treloar probably handballs more than Ellis but otherwise pretty even. Treloar plays inside a little more than Ellis so you could argue that's why his contested scare up and so too handballs.

Question is how much do we pay for another Brando or do we look elswhere for speed and X factor in say a Bennel or similar?

View attachment 150095

Couldn't be more different players.

I reckon we could seriously land him. I don't think he'll go North because well...it's Norf. Collingwood should be making a play for Charlie Dixon and if they don't, they're simply stupid. Geelong gunning for Dangerfield, expect Adelaide to land Treloar if they lose Danger or expect him to most likely stay with the Giants. God I hope we go for Bennell or J.O.M.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tiger71 heard anything brother?

The media article is just mentioning what we spoke about when Shiel resigned. The pies got a sniff of danger and we got a sniff of trelor. We are into him, that I have no doubt, will it come off ? Who knows but from what I know, he wont go to Norf.

He wants a club who has elite training facilities and be able to play to high crowds, day in and day out. So it will be out of the pies and us....if we continue winning, and the pies wobble and fall down the ladder...will help.

Thats what i have been told

The media article is just mentioning what we spoke about when Shiel resigned. The pies got a sniff of danger and we got a sniff of trelor. We are into him, that I have no doubt, will it come off ? Who knows but from what I know, he wont go to Norf.

He wants a club who has elite training facilities and be able to play to high crowds, day in and day out. So it will be out of the pies and us....if we continue winning, and the pies wobble and fall down the ladder...will help.

Thats what i have been told
Norf got interested when they found out we were. Even offered same years.

What's the lol? He's on $1.2m a year.

Just learnt Scully plays for GWS. :eek:
Didn't you watch the game? He played well.

A cross between Dusty and Cotch.
He has class like Cotch and is a bull like dusty. If he played for a Vic club he would be considered a top 10 midfielder.
Absolute gun IMO
Not top 10, nothing like Dusty. He's a small, 182cm. I agree with TheProwler, he's more a cross between Cotch and Brando.

What's the lol? He's on $1.2m a year.

Didn't you watch the game? He played well.

Not top 10, nothing like Dusty. He's a small, 182cm. I agree with TheProwler, he's more a cross between Cotch and Brando.
Just taking the piss. He's had a good year. Done nothing before this year though.

Same story as always....Wanting good players is all well and good, but it's the price required that is the real issue.

Really want us to the (old)Geelong/Hawthorn stage where players will take less to join us for success, but we're not there yet.

The main thing they want is an early pick to make sure they can take their academy kids without dropping down next years draft
They also need to reduce the size of their list so with those academy kids coming, increasing the size of their list may not be a priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back