Rumour Ross Lyon to coach Carlton from 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't see this mentioned here; Ross is selling his house and has pulled out of some education options for his kids in Perth.

Probably means nothing, and I can't see why he'd want to leave Fremantle for Carlton, but hey this is called the Scandals and Rumours board for a reason right.

huge news wonder if true

It's a match made in heaven.

Ross has form for bailing on a club under contract and Carlton have form for trying to buy their way to success.

realistically though could Carlton offer more $$$ than Fremantle?

Carlton lost $1.6m last year even without paying out Mick's contract. They'd need a pretty big warchest to poach Ross who would be going for long term, more $$$ in theory. He also already on $1m.

realistically though could Carlton offer more $$$ than Fremantle?

Carlton lost $1.6m last year even without paying out Mick's contract. They'd need a pretty big warchest to poach Ross who would be going for long term, more $$$ in theory. He also already on $1m.

You know you are talking about Carlton, right?

If $2m is what it takes, they'll find it. Whether or not it's sustainable spending or in the best interests of the club is another matter...

Din't Lyon jump ship to avoid going through a rebuild? Why would he come to a club that needs to rebuild then?

do you think he will leave?
My opinion on this isn't worth anything. And if I did have any dirt worth knowing I wouldn't dish it out here!

But if I had to postulate :) we all know Ross is a different cat. I think he'd be aware of his reputation and would actually view building a team from the ground up as a personal challenge, similar to what Alan Richardson is doing at St Kilda. And in typical Ross fashion this would be contrary to what we all expect him to do. When he'd choose to do this is anyone's guess.

The boys have certainly responded to him

I got it wrong, I was sure woosha was the man maybe with McKenna alongside.

Worsfold ruled himself out of the Carlton job twice in about a month.
I believe the club are really keen on Dew, but Barker hasn't done anything wrong so far.

The one thing that makes me think he might jump ship is if it had to do with his Dad. I think after each time we play in Melbourne Ross stays back on the weekend.

Yeah, after that AWESOME culture he developed at Gold Coast everyone is lining up to grab Bluey...

Or he was keeping it all together and Eade cannot? Bluey is a very clean guy off the field. Can't blame him for K.hunt. The AFL forced him upon them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one thing that makes me think he might jump ship is if it had to do with his Dad. I think after each time we play in Melbourne Ross stays back on the weekend.
He's just making sure the spare room is available the next time he gambles away the family home.

Being a gambler he might be tempted by the Pratt dollars.

sam maclure who usually has very good mail believes carlton are seriously into him. he is not the only one running with it

Probably why Ross Lyon was meeting Ken Sheldon back in June, but all the nuffies on here declared he was going to coach them.

Would be a good get, although Barker hasn't put a foot wrong yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back