Unofficial Preview Round 15 v Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

As a HBF? Hopefully not actually. In fact I'd rather Shaw than imagining that happening. Personally would love Newman to come in or Hewett.

Obviously... You'd shuffle it around so that BJ would be small forward or wing.

Hewett apparently was shizen, but I'd like to see what he has to offer.

Obviously... You'd shuffle it around so that BJ would be small forward or wing.

Hewett apparently was shizen, but I'd like to see what he has to offer.

Hewett at least gives us something we don't have a lot of- elite ball users. We need more of them not less.

He reacts like an old man as well. With a look of startled shock when he realises he can't slip through 3 defenders.

You forget the fact that he does that off a kick in lol...gosh that was beyond awful!

You keep calling him "elite ball user". The poor guy hasn't even played a senior game yet. Let's see how he goes in the furnace before getting our hopes up.

The ability to kick won't change, those skills transfer. The issue with Hewett is whether he can get the ball enough, that is the million dollar question. my view is we should at least try him for a couple of weeks. Now whether that should be before or after the Hawthorn game is the question for me personally though.

The ability to kick won't change, those skills transfer. The issue with Hewett is whether he can get the ball enough, that is the million dollar question. my view is we should at least try him for a couple of weeks. Now whether that should be before or after the Hawthorn game is the question for me personally though.

I get ya, but there's a difference between kicking efficiency in U18's and magoos, and when you've got a 100kg elite player bearing down on your ass. I'm not disagreeing with you, just saying that given the push for top 2 bringing him in might not be factoring into the match committee's minds.

If we have it locked up by rd 23, by all means lets give him a go against GC.

I get ya, but there's a difference between kicking efficiency in U18's and magoos, and when you've got a 100kg elite player bearing down on your ass. I'm not disagreeing with you, just saying that given the push for top 2 bringing him in might not be factoring into the match committee's minds.

If we have it locked up by rd 23, by all means lets give him a go against GC.

If we go down the 'drop Shaw' route, and in my view we should as he has become a liability, we need to replace him with either a like for like (Newman/Marsh) of which we need an upgrade, or do we reconfigure our side a bit and put Hewett in? I don't know, but I'm willing to give Hewett a chance this week and maybe another game 2 weeks later, I'd prefer not to gamble against Hawthorn.

Heeney confirmed another week in reserves

Correct call. Need him to play a full game in the NEAFL first.

McGlynn is no chance for the Hawks game unless he plays a full game this week.

If we go down the 'drop Shaw' route, and in my view we should as he has become a liability, we need to replace him with either a like for like (Newman/Marsh) of which we need an upgrade, or do we reconfigure our side a bit and put Hewett in? I don't know, but I'm willing to give Hewett a chance this week and maybe another game 2 weeks later, I'd prefer not to gamble against Hawthorn.

So pick him, but drop him no matter what then repick him

That will work well

Just how its built towers into a star

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So pick him, but drop him no matter what then repick him

That will work well

Just how its built towers into a star

That is why I think for this week we have to be careful how many young players we pick

That is why I think for this week we have to be careful how many young players we pick

Id keep shaw in the next couple of weeks all things considered

Especially if ted isnt right

hahaha Shaw is the most frustrating player to watch. More so than Grundy.

At least Grundy is a key defender you sort of expect them to do a silly thing or two

Jetta.
I want to see him kicking goals. Let him do what he wants, go where he wants.

Let him link up with Buddy. And let him kick goals. Lots of them.

30 goals from him and we win the flag.

Every player in our team can hit the tip of a bee's dick from 50m in training. Skills under pressure....that's a whole different ball game.

Despite all the clamouring to eat Shaw, kill Richards, give Rampe a wedgie and play young pups there'll be no changes in defence. Why would there be ? It's still one of the tightest in the league and it's the only thing that's keeping us in 2nd position, despite getting hammered regularly when our mids drop off the pressure in the 2nd half.

As a top 4 side we are surviving on our defence, not our attack. Our 'score for' is pitiful. Midfield and forward are why we're struggling to kick goals, but particularly the midfield....

i) Need to hit a target inside 50
ii) Need to apply pressure for four quarters

Simple. To win a GF we need to be scoring a lot more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back