Preview Adelaide vs West Coast Saturday July 11th @ Domain

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This games going to be super emotional for everyone. Jeez..we just don't know what to expect, can we win? Who knows.. I know the players right now will be feeling so numb, I hope Walsh's voice rings in their ears out there.

Impossible to predict how this one will shake out. Equal chance we see a team that is emotionally exhausted having gone through an unprecedented tragedy a week earlier---or a team that uses the emotion to carry the day.

I don't think there will be any in-between here.

I know the boys will do their best to be prepared and all we can ask of them is to give it a go.

Heading along to training on Wednesday morning.

Hopefully the boys get a bit of relief being away from the spotlight of Adelaide together this weekend, before coming back to prepare for the Showdown.
Whatever happens from here, they'd know the whole footy community is behind them.

Pardon me for posting here...but I am actually glad that we are the first team to play against you since this awful tragedy. Adelaide are closest to us in so many ways. You are the nearest state, distance wise. You were the first non VFL team to be established after us, from a true footy state. (Can't count Brisbane Bears...rugby state, same as NSW). We were the first non VFL team to win a premiership...you were the second.

Phil Walsh influenced so may of our players...and also much of our coaching staff. (Mark Nickoski, Adam Selwood, Don Pike (who also spent time at Adelaide). The footy universe is really quite small, and connections are everywhere. As an Eagles supporter, this is hard. I want to grab your Crows players and hug them tight.

I don't know how our players are going to react. They will feel a lot of empathy with Crows players. It's going to be quite surreal (yet fitting) that John Worsfold will be sitting in the oppositions coaching box at Subiaco. That in itself is weird. But so right, because that is Woosha for you. He will be there to support your coach.

I can imagine that at the end of the game, many players will be in tears, and supportive of the opposition team. Both sides will do it for Phil. And winning will be bittersweet.

Birds of a feather flock together. An Eagle and a Crow.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3144167/Crow-takes-brief-rest-bald-eagle-Washington.html

Last edited:
I'm sure this weekend will be incredibly difficult for them, but starting with West Coast the best way for our players to honour Walsh's memory will be to ensure that his ethos on teamwork and hard, uncompromising footy becomes an integral part of the fabric of this football club. A style that we become synonymous with as time goes by, and something that the current group can pass on to future players as fundamental & non-negotiable to being a Crow regardless of whoever coaches this club going into the future.

Wouldn't it be great if people could watch the Crows years from now and still see Walsh's fingerprints all over the way that we play? Every time a player in navy, red & yellow sacrifices himself & risks injury by laying a block for a team mate, or makes a huge tackle in the last quarter after gut running down the wing after their opponent, I'd love for people to think of Phil Walsh and the standards he strived for at this club. If they can do that, it will ensure that his legacy endures with far greater significance and permanency than any plaque or medal.

As for our role? Our job right now is to support these players through this incredibly difficult moment by letting them know through our actions that we are 100% behind them. Every goal, every piece of skill and every act of bravery should be greeted with the sort of fervent & sincere applause that these players deserve.

This is a defining moment for this football club and if we take nothing else from this terrible tragedy, I would hope that it is a strengthening of the bonds that tie all of us to this football club and the sense of community those bonds engender. Win, lose or draw they need to know that we all fly as one.

Worried for the guys about this one. It's still pretty raw. I have zero motivation for this game at the moment, but I know it's going to be an emotional rollercoaster before, during and after the game. Can't even predict how things are going to go, just hope the guys get all the support they need to play.

Worried for the guys about this one. It's still pretty raw. I have zero motivation for this game at the moment, but I know it's going to be an emotional rollercoaster before, during and after the game. Can't even predict how things are going to go, just hope the guys get all the support they need to play.

IMO Campo needs to keep this weeks pretty simple, its all about getting the players in the head space to compete

No game plan this week, just compete

Just put in a request to start work late and finish late tomorrow so I can head to the open training, hope it gets approved. How long does the open training session typically last?

Does anyone know the departure / arrival times for the boys this weekend?
There's not many virgin flights from adel to perth.. only 3 a day. On Friday they will either leave here at 9am or 2pm
On Sunday they will most likely arrive home at 4.15pm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just put in a request to start work late and finish late tomorrow so I can head to the open training, hope it gets approved. How long does the open training session typically last?

Usually 45 minutes they suggest.

Let's hope this is the way it is on Saturday :D

2A1A034D00000578-0-image-a-2_1435648527735.jpg

No idea whatever how this might play out. Almost anything could happen on the day. Wish I could go to the open training tomorrow, but I don't know how possible it would be to get out there from my place via public transport by 9:30 with a 13 month old to deal with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been struggling to even summon the energy to go to the gym, something Im usually very eager and energetic about. Can only imagine how flat the players must feel. The game could get really ugly. I don't think anyone will be celebrating much when we kick a goal and no one will criticise our guys when we make a mistake.

I've been struggling to even summon the energy to go to the gym, something Im usually very eager and energetic about. Can only imagine how flat the players must feel. The game could get really ugly. I don't think anyone will be celebrating much when we kick a goal and no one will criticise our guys when we make a mistake.

I am confident we will show more intestinal fortitude than a couple of other teams did on the weekend (marshmallows anybody?)

Understand what you mean about the gym. I go swimming a few days a week usually, got back into the pool on Sunday, that was cathartic in itself.

I reckon training and playing again, which is what they love, is going to help the boys more than anything.

Gym is exactly what you need! Good distraction and the endorphin's at the end help. I've been going every day since it happened and it helps.

West Coast $1.25 Adelaide $4....if you subscribe to the theory out of great tragedy comes great triumph then there's some money to be had. Line is +27.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back