List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have done the ladder predictor, I'm thinking Gold Coast and Essendon overtake us (Essendon can't be that bad can they?) so we get pick 4, which is probably the best mid fielder.

This is based on us only beating Melbourne on the way home, not sure about beating GWS this week.

Thought we had GC in Melbounre in the way home but we don't.

Would like to know the the thoughts of others regarding our finishing position.
We could win 1 more game, or we could win up to another 4 games IMHO

GWS, Richmond, Melbourne, Port, North & Geelong are all winnable if we play like we played yesterday.

I believe we will win 2 of the games above, which 2 though, I'm not sure

I also hope Ross Lyon decides to rest a few weary legs in Round 19, cos we all know how that works out too ;)

I can't see us not winning another game. I also can't see us winning more than 3 or maybe 4.

Most of the games are winnable if things click. ATM I'd say the Dees are our most likely win, with Richmond being a possibility given it's the Maddie Foundation game.

Sydney, GWS, Port, Norf (Tassie), and Geelong are all bona fide away games though, so we may struggle there.

Have done the ladder predictor, I'm thinking Gold Coast and Essendon overtake us (Essendon can't be that bad can they?) so we get pick 4, which is probably the best mid fielder.

This is based on us only beating Melbourne on the way home, not sure about beating GWS this week.

Thought we had GC in Melbourne on the way home but we don't.

Would like to know the the thoughts of others regarding our finishing position.

Have done the ladder predictor more than a few times. I have the Blues, Lions and Bombers fighting it out for last spot. I think what has been missed with the Bombers with all the WADA noise is that their list is genuinely s**t at the moment. They don't need to be that far off their game to really slide. Unless Watson and Goddard really pull their finger out they may struggle to win more than 1 game from here.

After these 3 I have Melbourne, Gold Coast and us. There should be a decent gap between the bottom 6 and the rest by my calculations, with North the only danger of slipping into the bottom third of the ladder. Both Gold Coast and Melbourne have reasonably soft draws on the way home and I reckon they will both win 7 games. I reckon we will win 7 as well, but our better percentage will give us 6th spot. We are a better team than Melbourne, and despite the last minute goal we were easily the better side and it should have been a relatively comfortable 4-6 goal, win we just had one of our awful disposal days.

Also reckon it would be unrealistic to think we won't snag one other game from somewhere given the effort the boys have showed all year. Any of North, GWS, Geelong & even Richmond will be beatable if they don't bring their A game. Freo or West Coast could rest players coming into the finals, hard to say where it will come from but I think we will definitely pinch one somewhere. We won't go 1-8 for the rest of the year when our injury list is this healthy.

In summary, base case is 13th giving us pick 6.

Best case is we win 3-4 more from here. Still would probably only allow us to move to 12th, giving us pick 7.

Worst case is we don't win another game. Still don't think we finish bottom 3 in this scenario. The Lions/Blues/Bombers are unlikely to win more than 5 for the year. Therefore we only get pick 4 anyway in the scenario.

So, my guess is pick 4-7 is very probable, with 6 being my prediction.

I've also got us with pick 4 with 6 wins. Even if we pinch one more it's likely going to be pick 5. If we win 3 more its likely pick 6.

FYI - I have Melb and GC overtaking us with Lions, Blues & Dons beneath us.

So regardless we'll still get a top 6 pick IMO and grab a ripper of a player.....

Have done the ladder predictor more than a few times. I have the Blues, Lions and Bombers fighting it out for last spot. I think what has been missed with the Bombers with all the WADA noise is that their list is genuinely s**t at the moment. They don't need to be that far off their game to really slide. Unless Watson and Goddard really pull their finger out they may struggle to win more than 1 game from here.

After these 3 I have Melbourne, Gold Coast and us. There should be a decent gap between the bottom 6 and the rest by my calculations, with North the only danger of slipping into the bottom third of the ladder. Both Gold Coast and Melbourne have reasonably soft draws on the way home and I reckon they will both win 7 games. I reckon we will win 7 as well, but our better percentage will give us 6th spot. We are a better team than Melbourne, and despite the last minute goal we were easily the better side and it should have been a relatively comfortable 4-6 goal, win we just had one of our awful disposal days.

Also reckon it would be unrealistic to think we won't snag one other game from somewhere given the effort the boys have showed all year. Any of North, GWS, Geelong & even Richmond will be beatable if they don't bring their A game. Freo or West Coast could rest players coming into the finals, hard to say where it will come from but I think we will definitely pinch one somewhere. We won't go 1-8 for the rest of the year when our injury list is this healthy.

In summary, base case is 13th giving us pick 6.

Best case is we win 3-4 more from here. Still would probably only allow us to move to 12th, giving us pick 7.

Worst case is we don't win another game. Still don't think we finish bottom 3 in this scenario. The Lions/Blues/Bombers are unlikely to win more than 5 for the year. Therefore we only get pick 4 anyway in the scenario.

So, my guess is pick 4-7 is very probable, with 6 being my prediction.

haha great minds and all that!! ;)

I can't see us not winning another game. I also can't see us winning more than 3 or maybe 4.

Most of the games are winnable if things click. ATM I'd say the Dees are our most likely win, with Richmond being a possibility given it's the Maddie Foundation game.

Sydney, GWS, Port, Norf (Tassie), and Geelong are all bona fide away games though, so we may struggle there.
We have Swans and Geelong at Etihad I think

Funny, I have the Bombers winning this week, this is line in the sand moment for them.

Also I've taken into account our lack of injuries, surely we can't continue to have this much luck.

Realistically we will win one we are not expected to win, so maybe win 7 games not including GWS this week.

Suuuuure... ;)
Its what they want you to think...

paul_newman.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"The Touch" is the real Transformers theme.

Nothing touches the horns in Voltron though hehe
Peter Cullen's voice work is insanely cool... But, Nah. 'Instruments of Destruction'...

After smashing Essendon I'm hungry for even more wins now. I'd be perfectly happy to finish anywhere above 13th, prove we are an attractive and youthful destination for free agents (pardon the basketball lingo) and take Mathieson or Balic with pick 5+.

Anyone with me on this one?

Personally I would. He does a lot right but his kicking will always be a liability. Just not sure we'd get all that much for him. For what he's worth we are probably just better off keeping him as insurance for small backs.
His kickings no worse than Gears, who he'll most likely take over from eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back