List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trelour, Dixon, Bennell, possibly O'Meara. It's going to be a big trade period this year as these are some seriously talented young players.

So we're going to slot Dangerfield, Treloar and O'Meara into the midfield and Dixon into the ruck/forward line.

Well that's Sammy/Hodge/Burgers/Hale covered...

Rumor has it that Suckling has been offered a 3-year deal by Brisbane - as an unrestricted free agent what do people expect the compensation to be? 2nd, 3rd or 4th tier compensation?

Would Wrighty and Co. be looking to move up the draft order by packaging our first rounder and whatever compensation we get for suckers to get a pick in the low teens? or would we target an O'Rouke type deal with our first round pick?

Rumor has it that Suckling has been offered a 3-year deal by Brisbane - as an unrestricted free agent what do people expect the compensation to be? 2nd, 3rd or 4th tier compensation?

Would Wrighty and Co. be looking to move up the draft order by packaging our first rounder and whatever compensation we get for suckers to get a pick in the low teens? or would we target an O'Rouke type deal with our first round pick?

End of 2nd round I reckon.

then maybe a package deal with Hale for Dixon?

Depends on the money. Unless Suckling thinks he won't have a position in the side in the next few years for whatever reason then I can't see him leaving us unless the money is significantly better.

Trelour, Dixon, Bennell, possibly O'Meara. It's going to be a big trade period this year as these are some seriously talented young players.
More chance of Hodge signing with Brisbane then O'Meara leaving GC

But we should throw the kitchen sink at Bennell. Freak player

So we're going to slot Dangerfield, Treloar and O'Meara into the midfield and Dixon into the ruck/forward line.

Well that's Sammy/Hodge/Burgers/Hale covered...
Wasn't suggesting we'd get any of them, more that to get these guys some big names/early draft picks will be needed. Will be an interesting couple of weeks watching clubs put players on the table to nab some of these guns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No tank. Will never win enough ball to be the player he should be. He is basically a slow HFF that doesn't kick many goals.

Will never win enough ball. Such a definitive answer for a player that's just hit 24 after having early injuries. His tank is improving. You're acting as if he has no improvement in him. He has won at least 2 to 3 games of his own boot this year and kicked the winning goal in another. He's inconsistent no doub but he avgs the same amount of clearances as Sam Mitchell, He has a kamikaze attitude to the man and the pill which is a Clarkson's wet dream...either way we have no chance in acquiring him so the point is moot....onto the next!

Last edited:
Will never win enough ball. Such a definitive answer for a player that's just hit 24 after having early injuries. His tank is improving. You're acting as if he has no improvement in him. He has won at least 2 to 3 games of his own boot this year and kicked the winning goal in another. He's inconsistent no doub but he avgs the same amount of clearances as Sam Mitchell, He has a kamikaze attitude to the man and the pill which is a Clarkson's wet dream...either way we have no chance in acquiring him so the point is moot....onto the next!
I like him as a player except for the part he can't run. I actually thought he would be a top ten player. He has now played 113 games. What are the odds a 24 year old who has played over 100 games will suddenly become a front line midfielder after not averaging more than 20 disposals in any season except 2013? Not good I reckon.

I like him as a player except for the part he can't run. I actually thought he would be a top ten player. He has now played 113 games. What are the odds a 24 year old who has played over 100 games will suddenly become a front line midfielder after not averaging more than 20 disposals in any season except 2013? Not good I reckon.

Would Armitage fit into that category?

Probably worth a thread in itself but would we take Bennell?
Absolutely, Bennell is the kind of explosive midfielder we seem to lack.

His talent would keep us competitive next year and beyond especially with emerging teams GWS, Coll etc.
It's hard to see how we could get him but we would need be bold at the trade table to make it happen.

In saying that we are the club that makes things happen. I'm sure wright, Clarko and co have been conjuring a plan for 6 months to get him.
Let's hope so.

About the same that a servicable half back flanker becomes the best mobile defender in the comp (Gibbo). Or that a stagnating ruck/forward becomes an integral cog in a back to back Premiership team.

We can get fixated on trading for ready made stars, ignoring that role players are just as important - especially ones who feel they have point to prove.

He'd be on over 20 this year if it wasn't for his 1 possession, first quarter injury game against Port earlier in the year. Like i said previously, he didn't get the miles in the legs earlier in his career and is now starting to get some continuity in his running ability. As for comparing him with other players, he isn't your run of the mill type player, he's extremely talented.....You'd trust our fitness and conditioning staff to get a hold of him. he's 24 still plenty of time to improve his running capacity if he manages to stay injury free.

Anyway, Dixon Dangerfield Leuy and O'meara for Shoey Mcevoy Simpkin and Suckling.

Best trade period ever.....Big Moose approves.

Worth something to GC if Dixon goes. Gives 2 metre Peter another year to develop before being heavily relied upon. Probably worth something to Brisbane as well if Luenberger goes.

Would Armitage fit into that category?
He sure would. Pretty remarkable story though and he has actually had 4 seasons with an average of over 20 possessions so this season was not as big a leap as it would be for Ziebel whom I think is more talented. Reckon Ermitage might of had a few issues with professionalism earlier in his career. Looks a million bucks these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back