Fantasy Homer League 2015 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

As for impartial person to manage the bids, you wont find a more upright person than me despite being involved in the league too. As evidenced when people constantly send me lists for dynasty/CT players they want, and me not impeding or stealing.
To be fair, no one would dream of stealing from you

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
The proposed roster composition is based on what I've used in private leagues I've run over the past couple of seasons, plus a couple of tweaks (it's Cut Throat with a twist):

On offence -

2 QBs (1 starting, 1 on the bench)
1 RB
1 RB/WR
1 WR
1 WR/TE
1 TE

On defence -

either four defensive linemen and three linebackers or three linebackers and four defensive linemen (ie., you're either a 4-3 or a 3-4 team)
two CBs
two safeties

On special teams -

1 PK
1 PN
I like that.

Anyway.....i'm just throwing ideas around here. I'll let Dixie Flatline masterplan it from there. Just food for thought from me. The CONCEPT being no draft, CT scoring, and owning players from a team/division thing. You build on it from there. The finer details, and making it more exciting and workable with trades etc etc.
Seriously...

Start another thread. I'm in for this one... And I have questions...

Going to be interesting to see how everything is done just because not all teams are equal.

Steelers, Cowboys, Packers and Broncos are generally four of the more popular teams and have a lot of the high priority picks.
Colts, Patriots, Ravens and Bears generally have very good players for fantasy.
Dolphins, Falcons, Saints, Eagles are a cut above the rest as well.
Texans, Rams, Carolina and Buffalo have great defenders for this format but would cripple you on offense - not all teams are equal.

I am just concerned with there being any competitive balance.

Well there are solutions but I'll wait for everyone else to brainstorm.

The main issue is the top 25% of teams in the NFL seem to have 75% of the vocal supporters as well.

Only hint I'll give is to restrict the amount of owners to have each team having a stacked roster.

Maybe Auction off the team rosters?

Why the hell would I want to do that and get the titans
I thought it'd be IDP?
Think of all those tackles that'll rack up points! ;)

Punter too? You're set! :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the auction idea for purchasing teams, but think it should be a regular auction, rather than a blind

16 fantasy teams per league

Hear me out:

2 of each team (with a limit of one per fantasy team)

Max of four teams (but allowed less)

Positions
QB
5 RB/WR/TE (min of one from each)
PK
PN
2 DT
2 DE
4 LB
3 CB
2 S

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Needs more thought, ideas. Something really clever and left-field that makes it work as a "homer" league. Otherwise, if you open it up like it's NOW heading in, then it's not a concept league anymore, just a normal regular one. The point of this league idea is it being a homer league. People will whine that they get stuck with a s**t team, but I'd make it work if i could only choose from say Titans and/or Raiders as the only players I could use.

Anyway, i'll keep thinking for some clever idea....

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
For instance, just a quick idea kind of what i'm talking about as being left-field.....is if say you had a s**t team like Titans, and you're playing a good team like Packers. You perhaps get a points start that could be determined by the weekly NFL line. And commissioner (on espn anyway) has the ability to add scoring adjustments to games.

So let's say I'm the Titans roster, and Im playing Fuey who has Packers roster. The NFL line has the Packers -18 say. So LM would add 18 pts to my total score at the completion of our game.

That way it makes it workable as a strict 'homer' league, where people just have control of one team's roster, and no need for whining about 'competitive balance' then because you have the line figure added in to generate that competitive balance then!

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
That could work, where Dixie gives me LM abilities, so then if he finds it too much of a chore, I can myself add in the scoring adjustments at the end of every week. And then we could have a truly blockbuster Homer league with 32 people in it, set up with 8 divisions, named after NFL divisions, and each person's team named after the NFL team they're controlling. And...no need for a draft, being something i like. You just get 32 people signed up, and away you go straight away.

I'm intrigued by this and would be interested.

Needs more thought, ideas. Something really clever and left-field that makes it work as a "homer" league. Otherwise, if you open it up like it's NOW heading in, then it's not a concept league anymore, just a normal regular one. The point of this league idea is it being a homer league. People will whine that they get stuck with a s**t team, but I'd make it work if i could only choose from say Titans and/or Raiders as the only players I could use.

Anyway, i'll keep thinking for some clever idea....
To build on the two team thing, and throwing out a left field twist, and make it a rivals league. For instance my team must consist of Redskins and Cowboys players and then I'll face the dilemma of going with my favourites or my enemies. :D

Back