Harvey's Heroes Clinic

Remove this Banner Ad

It'd be even funnier if said dad is in attendance.

"No I don't son. Don't be ridiculous." *smiling nervously*

"Yeah, you told me he should be in the tip, remember dad?"

Am expecting goalieboy82 any minute with that Kareem clip.

Joey: Wait a minute. I know you. You're Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. You play basketball for the Los Angeles Lakers.
Roger Murdock: I'm sorry, son, but you must have me confused with someone else. My name is Roger Murdock. I'm the co-pilot.
Joey: You are Kareem! I've seen you play. My dad's got season tickets.
Roger Murdock: I think you should go back to your seat now, Joey. Right, Clarence?
Captain Oveur: Nahhhhhh, he's not bothering anyone. Let him stay here.
Roger Murdock: But just remember, my name is...
[showing his nametag]
Roger Murdock: ROGER MURDOCK. I'm an airline pilot.
Joey: I think you're the greatest, but my dad says you don't work hard enough on defense.
[Kareem gets angry]
Joey: And he says that lots of times, you don't even run down court. And that you don't really try... except during the playoffs.
Roger Murdock: [breaking character] The hell I don't! LISTEN, KID! I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes.

Joey: And he says that lots of times, you don't even run down court. And that you don't really try... except during the playoffs.

This bit still cracks me up.

Wait, am I talking to myself now? Great work North. You've ****ed my brain up properly now.

It'd be even funnier if said dad is in attendance.

"No I don't son. Don't be ridiculous." *smiling nervously*

"Yeah, you told me he should be in the tip, remember dad?"

Or a Joey walking up to Bard

"My whole family barracks for North Melbourne" with a big grin on his face

"Thats good buddy, we need more families like yours!"

"They all reckon you should be sacked"

I heard that in a mini practice match against the kids, Drew had the chance to kick the winning goal but decided to pass it instead.

I like this game. More please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't wait to read about the spray a straight shooting kid gives one of the players for recent performances. Or, even better, one of those "my dad reckons you're s**t" type of comments.
On this note, a mate of mine teaches at a school where Essendon ran a clinic earlier in the year. Apparently she got wind of a plot by the Year 5/6 boys to make Sam Mitchell style injection actions and ask "have the drugs worn off yet?" so there were a few stern looks doled out prior to the clinic.

The club have copped some well deserved slaps in recent days, but the Harvey's Heroes clinic is always well done and it was again today. My two young blokes loved it. The youngest was going to ask at the Q&A "If you lose to the worst team, does that now make you the worst team?" but he didn't. Anyway, well done North.

Highlight - an overheard comment in the Roo Shop. A dad has just bought his daughter a North jumper and she asks if she can have a number put on the back. "No, wait until next year. I don't how many of these blokes will be around then."

The club have copped some well deserved slaps in recent days, but the Harvey's Heroes clinic is always well done and it was again today. My two young blokes loved it. The youngest was going to ask at the Q&A "If you lose to the worst team, does that now make you the worst team?" but he didn't. Anyway, well done North.

Highlight - an overheard comment in the Roo Shop. A dad has just bought his daughter a North jumper and she asks if she can have a number put on the back. "No, wait until next year. I don't how many of these blokes will be around then."
I know I'm getting #4 at the end of the year and my brother's getting #22, I know at least those two will be around. :D

I know I'm getting #4 at the end of the year and my brother's getting #22, I know at least those two will be around. :D
I got #50 earlier in the year. If they sack BBB they'll have some very pissed off members of the Ben Brown Bandwagon to answer to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back