Swanee - 250 games, The last of the larrikans

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure when he retires the club will give a job similar to Benny Johnson. Not sure what he's doing but helps get people seated at the President's lunches/dinners and probably a general dogsbody around the office.

I'm sure when he retires the club will give a job similar to Benny Johnson. Not sure what he's doing but helps get people seated at the President's lunches/dinners and probably a general dogsbody around the office.
Should be our spokesperson or media manager

Dane Swan, there are not enough words for how much I have enjoyed watching you play throughout your career.
You make me proud to call myself a Collingwood man the way you have handled your career and have earned ultimate respect from the football world.

My best memory of Dane Swan was only a few weeks ago during the bye, when my future brother in law (Carlton fan) organised Swanny to be near while he proposed to my sister (Pies fan and Swan is her all time fav).
Dane being the character he is was teasing my sister saying "you only wear no. 36 because you used to love Sav Rocca and just kept the number"

stace luke swanny.jpg

Congratulations to my sister and future bro in law, but most of all congrats Swanny, you have become a living legend.

Onya Swanny

your mates might be gone but definitely not forgotten, neither will you

kQFd3Wm.jpg

Just watched Swan's 250 game high lights on the CFC website, my favourite moment is last years fend and goal against Essendon on Anzac day. I can watch that goal and the other one where he runs past Hooker and slots on his left all day everyday and still get a kick from it . Both goals rank up there with some of Didaks' efforts though obvious differences still pure magic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to intrude but wanted to pass on my congratulations to Swanny. Has been an absolute pleasure to watch over the last 6 or 7 years, especially when he's tearing the bombers to shreds on ANZAC day.

One of the real characters in the game, he deserves all the praise he'll get this week.

The best tribute I can give to Swanny is that when he retires, my enjoyment of the game will die just a little. I love watching him play and even more, I love his dry off field humour.

Congrats Swanny. You are a true Pies legend

Firstly congratulations to King Swanny. He's been an absolute superstar of the competition and a modern great. People talk about Ablett and Judd being the best 2 players in the modern era, but Swanny definitely is up there. For a 5 year period Swan matched it unbelievably with Ablett who in my opinion is the best to ever play the game. Such an honour for such a great man to play for our great club. Congratulations Swan, it's been an absolute pleasure celebrating with you, cheering you and adoring you! Game 300 isn't too far away either ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back