2015 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Pt. 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There'd be fifty suspensions every game
I'm not suggesting we use hotspot to check for incidental contact, but if a guy hits his head on the ground and can't pick himself up it should come with a suspension regardless if they decide he's been concussed 20 minutes later or not.

I honestly don't know anymore! I just want consistency!
I think using the outcome - injury, no injury, severity of injury etc is the only way to ensure consistency

There should be a scale the penalties fall into. Just thinking out loud:

If the player does not have to leave the field - fine or nothing

If the player has to leave the field for treatment but returns - 1 or 2 games

If the player leaves the field and is unable to return - 3 or 4 games

If the player is going to miss multiple weeks - 5+ games

you really want to stand up for what Sando did?

What was wrong with it? If he was coaching the under 9's, then it would be a problem. As it was Ben Rutten, a veteran professional athlete, I don't see it as such.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon it was the moment he lost the players.

If the stories are correct, I think it might have been when he completely ripped into Luke Thompson after a game, causing Scott Thompson to go back at him.

If AFL players can't handle a bit of a spray during the game, they're in the wrong sport.

And with Sando, from the sounds of things, he never really had some of the players to begin with, as he didn't speak to them.

Watson out for the remainder of the season. Given his recent comments and Essendon's season, I'm inclined to think this may be a case of burn out and thinking, you know what, **** it I'm gonna get my shoulder fixed up and focus on next season

If the stories are correct, I think it might have been when he completely ripped into Luke Thompson after a game, causing Scott Thompson to go back at him.

If AFL players can't handle a bit of a spray during the game, they're in the wrong sport.

And with Sando, from the sounds of things, he never really had some of the players to begin with, as he didn't speak to them.
It's not so much the issue that Sando got angry, but that his messaging/relationship with the players was inconsistent. Compare that to Walshy's honest consistent messaging & daily contact with the players.

Watson out for the remainder of the season. Given his recent comments and Essendon's season, I'm inclined to think this may be a case of burn out and thinking, you know what, **** it I'm gonna get my shoulder fixed up and focus on next season
He should see if he can start his WADA ban now ;)

players can handle a spray but you need to have their respect first.

PoachEgg2.jpg

Or

22250_l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back