News Phil Walsh RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

Good on you Whitey - and try to have an enjoyable birthday.

(What breed of pup?)

Wanted a purebred boxer, but have champagne taste and flaggon wallet.

Bought a boxer/ staffy/ mastiff cross. All black with white chest and front feet, she is absolutely beautiful. And huge, Im 6,3 and she comes to my knees already, she is 3 months and 1 week old:)

What the hell are you guys on about?

That was a fantastic and fitting segment on Walshy, great interview with Campo and the Birds of Tokyo song with photo montage was great.
So many of those photos where Walsh looked every bit the steely General who was going to resurrect our club to glory…he was in his element, his life's work beginning to culminate in his greatest triumphs and we all knew he was THE man.

I still cannot comprehend this on so many levels.

Yeah no problems with the show tonight. It's been toned down without changing what the show is about, players walking one etc.

Campo spoke well again.

I noticed the people viewing the memorial behind him, I won't get to visit it in its current state but maybe some sort of plaque/seat/public art or similar could be placed there for people to visit, an idea to visit in time anyway.

So many of those photos where Walsh looked every bit the steely General who was going to resurrect our club to glory…he was in his element, his life's work beginning to culminate in his greatest triumphs and we all knew he was THE man.

For longer moments today, for the first time, I've been able to not think about it too much. Until I see tributes etc.

Saturday night will be hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Footy Show is in Adelaide next week.

I'm sure thewy will do a much more in-depth tribute then.

However, the one tonight was very good.

I only saw the Birds of Tokyo tribute, which was uploaded on a mates Facebook feed, which is why it probably didn't feel as moving as what it really was (didn't even know The Footy Show was on tonight). Also, I'd just seen a really moving fan tribute on You Tube set to You Raise Me Up, which could also explain why the Birds of Tokyo one felt a little meh.

Nothing wrong with it, I thought it was considerate, campo spoke well I thought.
Tribute was nicely done, turned me into a little girl.

You can't really please everyone with this sort of thing. Half a week has gone so they're in a weird spot. Personally I don't mind them spending a good segment on it and then going about their business. Some stupid shallow laughs was just what the doctor ordered for me.

the smirk gets me, every now and then he lowered his guard a bit and had "how good is this mate" written all over his face.

the smirk gets me, every now and then he lowered his guard a bit and had "how good is this mate" written all over his face.

I like that - it's like after twenty years of wondering, he was realizing that he was up to it, and his approach and theory was working.

I overreacted I just think the starting could've been done better

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

I agree. Haven't watched the show for years, and thought it was a very ordinary start, considering what's been going on over here. Once they got to the tribute bit, though, it was better. Campo was very good; it was a nice touch having him stand in front of the tributes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back