Competition Designing a new logo: "Goodison Gossip"

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
First of all I'm really not sure if this is the right place to put something like this or even if it's aloud so if not please feel free to move or delete, mods. I'm as hopeless as it comes with any kind of graphic or designs, the work some of you guys can do really is unreal so I thought why not put a thread in here.

I'm creating a new website based on English Premier League Football side, Everton called Goodison Gossip and am after what I guess you could call a logo to have up sitting pretty at the top of the page. I really don't have any certain way I'd like it to be designed I thought I would just leave it to see what everyone can come up with. For those who haven't heard of Everton we wear blue so if it could be based around the color blue and Goodison is our stadium, Goodison Park.

I'd like to put out an offer of $20 (that would be paid via Pay Pal) for the best design based on my thoughts and what I personally like the most and think would be best suited, I would justify my choice in the thread of course.

I'm going to set the time frame until 8.30pm next Thursday, the 9th of July but I am happy to move that if people would like more time or are still wanting to change things then I'm more than open to change it but unless otherwise stated we'll keep that.

It would be honestly awesome for anyone willing to take a punt, if you've got any questions or if I've missed anything just ask.

Thanks guys! :)

First of all I'm really not sure if this is the right place to put something like this or even if it's aloud so if not please feel free to move or delete, mods. I'm as hopeless as it comes with any kind of graphic or designs, the work some of you guys can do really is unreal so I thought why not put a thread in here.

I'm creating a new website based on English Premier League Football side, Everton called Goodison Gossip and am after what I guess you could call a logo to have up sitting pretty at the top of the page. I really don't have any certain way I'd like it to be designed I thought I would just leave it to see what everyone can come up with. For those who haven't heard of Everton we wear blue so if it could be based around the color blue and Goodison is our stadium, Goodison Park.

I'd like to put out an offer of $20 (that would be paid via Pay Pal) for the best design based on my thoughts and what I personally like the most and think would be best suited, I would justify my choice in the thread of course.

I'm going to set the time frame until 8.30pm next Thursday, the 9th of July but I am happy to move that if people would like more time or are still wanting to change things then I'm more than open to change it but unless otherwise stated we'll keep that.

It would be honestly awesome for anyone willing to take a punt, if you've got any questions or if I've missed anything just ask.

Thanks guys! :)

I might give it a shot. I run an Arsenal blog on Blogger (Dial Square Armory) that is starting full swing this season as opposed to originally last season.(but a lot of the design was though existing blogger templates with my modifications). However I have more a touch of history of English soccer for a younger guy and know for fact how much Evertonians appreciate their club's history. I would do it for free anyway, but I will provide you with several different things that way you can take the one(s) that you like. I think you would also need a background to kind of set the atmosphere. Each logo will have some sort of logo sheet so that you can see where I'm coming from (though I'm sure you'd get them right away). Cheers!

I might give it a shot. I run an Arsenal blog on Blogger (Dial Square Armory) that is starting full swing this season as opposed to originally last season.(but a lot of the design was though existing blogger templates with my modifications). However I have more a touch of history of English soccer for a younger guy and know for fact how much Evertonians appreciate their club's history. I would do it for free anyway, but I will provide you with several different things that way you can take the one(s) that you like. I think you would also need a background to kind of set the atmosphere. Each logo will have some sort of logo sheet so that you can see where I'm coming from (though I'm sure you'd get them right away). Cheers!
Your blog looks great man.
History certainly does mean a heap to us! That'd be bloody super dude!
I'll leave this up and say good luck to you, but generally people asking for logos don't have a lot of success.
I did fear that was going to be the case I just didn't know what else to do. I don't quite think an attempted dodgey go on paint will quite cut it so I thought I'd give it try. Hopefully a few people will still be willing to give it a go, because as I said I honestly don't know where/who else to try.

Could you give us a brief which extends beyond 'blue and Goodison Park'? Considering it's a website, do you want a banner or a logo?
No worries matey, wanted to try and leave it open for creativity but I was probably leaving it to open.

It would be a logo I was after. What I had in mind is if someone could create a logo version of the main stand (Goodison Road Stand, Goodison Park in Google if people wanted different images but he is a pretty good photo of the stand:

image.jpg

And then incorporate the words "Goodison Gossip", wether that's in it or just next it it. The logo will be sitting on a panorama shoot of the stadium that will have a blue fade over the top so if it could be striking enough to sit on top of that. Wether that's even just a little bit of outlining.

If anyone has any more questions just fire away!!

Goodison.jpg

Sorry to double post but I thought I'd go and put forward some suggestion, if there was people struggling on ideas. What I think could also be a good idea ontop of what I'd suggested a few posts above and besides the amazing work Mero and Norm Landrover did. A suggestion could be to create a logo similar to Everton's but instead of having Everton have Goodison Gossip as the name and then if possible "Goodison Gossip" in a bigger font next to it aswell.

So here is some examples of Everton's former logos:

article-2442367-187DC60200000578-510_634x351 (1).jpg

Three of the choices put to the fans when we changed logo (The first option is our logo):

everton-new-crest.png

And here's two links with fan made logos:

- http://toffeeweb.com/season/12-13/comment/edblog/24770.html
- http://toffeeweb.com/season/13-14/comment/editorial/25660.html

As I'm sure you can tell the tower and reef(s) feature in most and very important elements to the club, the term Nil Satis Nisi Optimum also features on a lot same as the 1878, the year we were founded but neither are important to a logo like this but feel free to incorporate, if you were going to put a year it would probably be better to put 2015 as that's the year the website is being made as I said that's not as important just giving options. If you have anymore questions please fire away!

I will give $20 to the option that I decide on but on top of that I genuinely really appreciate the effort and It really is an amazing help for anyone willing to give it go!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to double post but I thought I'd go and put forward some suggestion, if there was people struggling on ideas. What I think could also be a good idea ontop of what I'd suggested a few posts above and besides the amazing work Mero and Norm Landrover did. A suggestion could be to create a logo similar to Everton's but instead of having Everton have Goodison Gossip as the name and then if possible "Goodison Gossip" in a bigger font next to it aswell.

So here is some examples of Everton's former logos:

View attachment 149230

Three of the choices put to the fans when we changed logo (The first option is our logo):

View attachment 149232

And here's two links with fan made logos:

- http://toffeeweb.com/season/12-13/comment/edblog/24770.html
- http://toffeeweb.com/season/13-14/comment/editorial/25660.html

As I'm sure you can tell the tower and reef(s) feature in most and very important elements to the club, the term Nil Satis Nisi Optimum also features on a lot same as the 1878, the year we were founded but neither are important to a logo like this but feel free to incorporate, if you were going to put a year it would probably be better to put 2015 as that's the year the website is being made as I said that's not as important just giving options. If you have anymore questions please fire away!

I will give $20 to the option that I decide on but on top of that I genuinely really appreciate the effort and It really is an amazing help for anyone willing to give it go!
I had though about that, but I didn't want to take too much from the club badges, especially if money was to be involved. The Goodison Road stand was an inspiration but that also got complicated.

I really want to thank Mero Norm Landrover and Western Kelpies for taking their time to create a logo, they're all bloody fantastic. I really appreciate you all taking the time to design and create a logo.

I have gone with Norm's edit of the Goodison Lane sign to turn into Goodison Gossip with the NSNO.

Many thanks once again everyone!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back