Past Kurt Tippett - retired 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Well the point is - the bounce of the ball does play a role. Or in this case, Buddy's timing.

No, I agree. There's no point on assessing Tippo based on this though - nor is there any point assessing him on how much we paid him. Things change, he was more valuable back then. Let's just look at his output though, and that is almost 3 goals on average per game since joining the Swans, and I'd say that's more than adequate.

Swansujelly

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 6, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NBA, Woodville,
FFS leave Kurt alone!!
index.jpg

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Sounds like you want the whole board to yourself and nobody to disagree with you.

Hey 37, i find it's better to take these hate/love type threads with a grain of salt. It's often the same posters expressing their thoughts on sadism, necrophilia and bestiality (flogging a dead horse)

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Tippett is overpaid and should be more like player X and the Hawks are so awesome we will never beat them especially with Tippett in the team as a ruckman, or FF. Did I mention he is no good as a ruckman? Oh wait Shaw just butchered the ball again, perhaps I will post for the 500th time how he butchers the ball, the Hawks are so awesome we will never beat them with Shaw in the team. Wait, did Ted just get outmarked...Ted is past it, a shadow of his former self & the Hawks are so awesome we will never beat them with Ted in the team. Wait, our reserves just got smashed, we are done for, we got no depth we will never beat the awesome Hawks with no depth. It is all Longmire's fault, the Hawks are so awesome we will never beat them with Longmire in charge of the team. If only we didn't spend all that money on Tippett we could have kept Mummy and Everitt and we might, I say might, have the slightest chance of maybe causing an upset and beating the awesome Hawks, because they are so awesome and we would never beat them with all these players and coaches holding us back.

images

images
Plagiarism - the "wrongful appropriation" and "stealing and publication" of another poster's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions" and the representation of them as one's own original work.

You owe SS an apology

alanlau34

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I don't mind people sharing their opinions on players and form. What grinds my gears is that these opinions are formed with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight. Looking at past picks or deals and then second guessing our list managers and coaches as nuff nuffs doesn't make for sound arguments.

We have a stellar finals record in the last decade, so we must be doing something right. Look at North Melbourne's list right now, that's what the Swans list would ACTUALLY be like if our staff is as incompetent as half the posters think they are.

Plagiarism - the "wrongful appropriation" and "stealing and publication" of another poster's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions" and the representation of them as one's own original work.

You owe SS an apology

There is a saying in academic circles..Copy one person's work and it's called plagiarism, copy many people's work and it's called research.

Hey 37, i find it's better to take these hate/love type threads with a grain of salt. It's often the same posters expressing their thoughts on sadism, necrophilia and bestiality (flogging a dead horse)

No harm no foul Bungee.
It is kinda ironic that people that go overboard with the potting take offense at the slightest criticism levelled at them.

No player is above criticism and Tippo has no doubt been down on form but the attempted rewriting of history to make a point about his form is a little ridiculous.

Have opinion around here and you become a hawks supporter

I haven't read anyone say that someone else is a Hawk's supporter because of their opinion.
Seems to me like there is lots of 'oh, look how fantastic the Hawks are' in order to say how sh!t we are in comparison.
If it is not that then it is we will never beat the Hawks playing the way we do.
Last time I looked we were above Hawks on the ladder & last time we played them we did in fact beat them.
So yeah, it gets a bit tiresome reading the doomsday prophets remind us of how we can't do things we have already done.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I haven't read anyone say that someone else is a Hawk's supporter because of their opinion.
Seems to me like there is lots of 'oh, look how fantastic the Hawks are' in order to say how sh!t we are in comparison.
If it is not that then it is we will never beat the Hawks playing the way we do.
Last time I looked we were above Hawks on the ladder & last time we played them we did in fact beat them.
So yeah, it gets a bit tiresome reading the doomsday prophets remind us of how we can't do things we have already done.

I think its just the fact i know TONS of people went in the GF supremely confident and walked away traumatized so most feel as long as Hawthorn is anywhere near the top 4 they are our main obstacle.

If we can beat them again in 2 weeks i think that will go a long way.

Last timed I looked the Hawks making us there bitches come finals time again , couldn't give a stuff about last game or the ladder mate . Get remembered for big games not ladder position or r8

I think its just the fact i know TONS of people went in the GF supremely confident and walked away traumatized so most feel as long as Hawthorn is anywhere near the top 4 they are our main obstacle.

If we can beat them again in 2 weeks i think that will go a long way.

Supporters and the team had every right to be confident going into the GF. Yes it was a terrible loss, especially given that it was the game of the year, but it is not like we played anywhere near our best and got absolutely smashed, just a really bad at the office.
The point re Hawks is that as it stands they are in a worse position than us, last year counts for zip. They, like us, still have to perform and secure a top 4 spot, it is not going to be handed to them or us. In 2012 we blew teams off the park with good quarters and halves (Hawks included), supposedly didn't beat any of the contenders during the H&A, dominated Adelaide in Adelaide, comfortably accounted for Collingwood and went toe to toe with the Hawks and came out on top.
The idea that a team needs to play its best each and every week or its a sign of the end is ridiculous. We have plenty of improvement and will need to improve if we are going to be a chance but we have gone a long long way to getting a chance at another flag being 10-3, with lots of players not playing their best.

The best sign for me is that JPK is getting back to real top form, when JPK is at his best we are very very hard to beat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Supporters and the team had every right to be confident going into the GF. Yes it was a terrible loss, especially given that it was the game of the year, but it is not like we played anywhere near our best and got absolutely smashed, just a really bad at the office.
The point re Hawks is that as it stands they are in a worse position than us, last year counts for zip. They, like us, still have to perform and secure a top 4 spot, it is not going to be handed to them or us. In 2012 we blew teams off the park with good quarters and halves (Hawks included), supposedly didn't beat any of the contenders during the H&A, dominated Adelaide in Adelaide, comfortably accounted for Collingwood and went toe to toe with the Hawks and came out on top.
The idea that a team needs to play its best each and every week or its a sign of the end is ridiculous. We have plenty of improvement and will need to improve if we are going to be a chance but we have gone a long long way to getting a chance at another flag being 10-3, with lots of players not playing their best.

The best sign for me is that JPK is getting back to real top form, when JPK is at his best we are very very hard to beat.

Good post mate i think for the first time in years we are actually flying under the radar, even our wins are described as awful and we never seem to get any credit haha.

Comes back to the way Tippett was criticized in the media but other forwards(who dont have to ruck) who are on similar money rarely gpt scrutinized the way Tippett was.

Maybe everyone hates us dunno.

You owe SS an apology

:rolleyes:

Last timed I looked the Hawks making us there bitches come finals time again , couldn't give a stuff about last game or the ladder mate . Get remembered for big games not ladder position or r8

Well we have smashed some good sides this year hey

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Good post mate i think for the first time in years we are actually flying under the radar, even our wins are described as awful and we never seem to get any credit haha.

Comes back to the way Tippett was criticized in the media but other forwards(who dont have to ruck) who are on similar money rarely gpt scrutinized the way Tippett was.

Maybe everyone hates us dunno.

Bagging Tippett is just another poor excuse that the Vics use to have a go at the Swans.
The double standards are shocking, at the same time as having too much talent and being banned from trading we are no good and can't win the flag.

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
10k Posts Pokemon is Life Meet-Up Master Pantskyle Podcaster WCE Wings Guernsey Casey Tutungi Future Fund
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back