The Off-Season Thread (Luke Ridnour destination watch)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm..lost me on that reference I am afraid to say.
7aqzLT12w8pwAXmaXe_DgZbrSgtDhNIyew95SF57ueF7-acpCxow3n-pq77ZKiObslmTIPe8hy_Y7C3f8XU1_kKxWd2V0gghTCC10IgyOWX1vkV7YwDr8_unDL8ZFh8r0YrCFAM4h4Ds5Q=w439-h335-nc

Ron artest aka metta world peace

I thought lebron and bosh left 15 on the table over the life of the deal? Given they opted out that cuts it down, but he def didn't take max.

2 million less than the cavs, although the sign and trade did allow for 10.5 percent raises

Depends on how you view "less". Florida has no state income tax so he actually was taking in more than he would have made had he re-upped with us in 2010. His agent and his "brand" like to play the semantics game and it was in their best interests to frame the "he took less money" narrative back then.

He also negotiated a huuuuuge deal with Nike just a few weeks prior to the "Decision"...you can bet that Nike made sure he came out okay.

Cuban fined for referencing free agent signings in an interview during moratorium.... Lol

As an aside and not to derail this thread---appreciate the gestures that Port fans have done on behalf of Walshy. I know you share the pain and seems only proper that he is the man who brings the two sides together. Just awful it had to be like this.

Depends on how you view "less". Florida has no state income tax so he actually was taking in more than he would have made had he re-upped with us in 2010. His agent and his "brand" like to play the semantics game and it was in their best interests to frame the "he took less money" narrative back then.

He also negotiated a huuuuuge deal with Nike just a few weeks prior to the "Decision"...you can bet that Nike made sure he came out okay.
Oh indeed. I guess I was more trying to look at free agents who left for brighter futures and left some money on the table

Guys of that calibre are always well looked after regardless of whether they leave money on that table, lillard, rose, curry, Howard and the like are doing fine regardless.

It's that next echelon of guys who don't have the shoe deal, and whether they leave money on the table. State tax helps a little bit it's not really looking like a deciding factor in any decision

Which makes what David west just did almost unprecedented.... Walking away from 10 mill for a chance at a ring....

Oh indeed. I guess I was more trying to look at free agents who left for brighter futures and left some money on the table

Guys of that calibre are always well looked after regardless of whether they leave money on that table, lillard, rose, curry, Howard and the like are doing fine regardless.

It's that next echelon of guys who don't have the shoe deal, and whether they leave money on the table. State tax helps a little bit it's not really looking like a deciding factor in any decision

Which makes what David west just did almost unprecedented.... Walking away from 10 mill for a chance at a ring....

Agreed..he definitely took less-period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back