Review Post Game vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

okgG1hJ.jpg

Albert tactical chess grandmaster
I think he's playing operation.

From the Bomber board

"But we do need to sell a rebuild. Not as drastic as WBD or saints, but we defiantly need a lot of list changes."

Yeah just a minor tweak is all that's needed - I mean Essendon did so well against last years wooden spooners they must be odds on for the premiership next year

That guy is exactly right.

Trade Carlisle out for a late first/early second (Would we take him with our 2nd?) and grab Suckling as a FA.

That should do it fpr the Bombers. Top 4 from there :thumbsu:

Lonie's "Best Actor" Oscar is going to look great next to the 1966 trophy.

You really are an inept bunch of self grandiosing morons. Man up and take responsibility for your club's problems. Lonie saved your bloke from a suspension and you bitch about it. Stop kicking the dog when you fart. Man up, grow up and p!ss off you troll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For any stray Bomber fans (or Pies or Blues for that matter) that venture on here...

we have copped your s**t for decades. spouting how great your clubs were etc etc... all those cups and so on.

Reality is that Collingwood aside, your teams are now pathetic. But all you can do is revert to the old "we won more flags" argument to justify your patheticness in the modern era.

I have endured 45 years of attending games and having to listen to the abuse and sarcasm aimed at our club by your ilk... most of you pathetic losers who's only sense of courage to spew venom was grounded in your belief that just because you followed a successful club, you were somehow superior to all other supporters... deluded that you somehow played a part in those Premiership wins. when in fact you are mere spectators just like the rest of us.

So I tell you to just * off and keep looking for excuses for your status quo. Tell us about all your trophies, and we continue to have a quiet chuckle as we read you stupid comments.

Whether you choose to face up to it or deny it, your respective clubs are now a mere shell of the once powerhouse they were. and all because of your arrogance and belief that your club is somehow greater than others... Face reality, you find yourselves where you are due to one thing and one thing only: cheating.

I'd rather have 1 trophy in the cabinet, knowing that we won it with integrity, hard work and determination... against the power clubs of the VFL, than have 15 cups all tarnished by the stain and legacy of being found out as being cheats.

Yeah, we've got it wrong more times than we got it right, but I'd #standby our club, the Bulldogs and Melbourne every day of the week before I'd feel an atom of respect for your clubs.

You can lash out all you like but the modern day reality is that your club has been reduced to a rabble. And may it continue for at least the next decade!

Last edited:
Essendon has a fairly big supporter base in Perth. I think they were seen as the good guys of the big 4 clubs. Carlton, pies, Richmond all hated for obvious reasons and seen as filth. Essendon though were different and seen as one of the good guys. Hird was seen as a good smart bloke. When things like the Anzac game came on people would go for Essendon

Fast forward to now and it's completely changed. Essendon would be the most hated club. Even eagles and dockers supporters would hate them more than their local rival. They've surpassed the pies, Carlton and Richmond in terms of people's hatred. Hird once well respected is now more hated than any other figure in football. Even WA bombers supporters hate their club, they've turned off the game

Sad thing is I don't see any of this changing for 20+ years

For any stray Bomber fans (or Pies or Blues for that matter) that venture on here...

we have copped your s**t for decades. spouting how great your clubs were etc etc... all those cups and so on.

Reality is that Collingwood aside, your teams are now pathetic. But all you can do is revert to the old "we won more flags" argument to justify your patheticness in the modern era.

I have endured 45 years of attending games and having to listen to the abuse and sarcasm aimed at our club by your ilk... most of you pathetic losers who's only sense of courage to spew venom was grounded in your belief that just because you followed a successful club, you were somehow superior to all other supporters... deluded that you somehow played a part in those Premiership wins. when in fact you are mere spectators just like the rest of us.

So I tell you to just **** off and keep looking for excuses for your status quo. Tell us about all your trophies, and we continue to have a quiet chuckle as we read you stupid comments.

Whether you choose to face up to it or deny it, your respective clubs are now a mere shell of the once powerhouse they were. and all because of your arrogance and belief that your club is somehow greater than others... Face reality, you find yourselves where you are due to one thing and one thing only: cheating.

I'd rather have 1 trophy in the cabinet, knowing that we won it with integrity, hard work and determination... against the power clubs of the VFL, than have 15 cups all tarnished by the stain and legacy of being found out as being cheats.

Yeah, we've got it wrong more times than we got it right, but I'd #standby our club, the Bulldogs and Melbourne every day of the week before I'd feel an atom of respect for your clubs.

You can lash out all you like but the modern day reality is that your club has been reduced to a rabble. And may it continue for at least the next decade!

Pre draft and other equalisation there was a system that allowed clubs like Essendon and Carlton to buy players. Any premierships before the 1980s are pretty much freebies. When was Essendon's last premiership with out the bonus of chequebook recruiting? I think that one might have been tainted by Carlton like book work anyway. The Blues and Bombers are still trying to cheat their way out of hard work and are walking around like a bunch of Victorian era colonials oblivious to the fact China is rising up in front of them.

I think they were seen as the good guys of the big 4 clubs.

They were?

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/th...await-their-fate/story-fndv7pj3-1226515655156

"In 1996, Essendon were fined a record $638,250 ($250,000 in back tax and penalties, $112,000 for draft tampering and $276,250 for breaching the salary cap regulations), forfeited their first, second and third round picks in the National Draft and were excluded from the 1997 rookie and pre-season drafts after a joint Australian Tax Office and AFL investigation found that they had committed serious and systematic breaches of the salary cap regulations totalling $514,500 between 1991 and 1996."

http://www.portstephensexaminer.com.au/story/899711/hiring-opens-old-wounds-at-dons/

James Hird's first decision as senior coach of Essendon - to re-hire former football manager and close friend Danny Corcoran - has opened some old wounds.

''If I was still on the board, I would vote against him being back there,'' said former club director Don McKenzie.

Another former club director said: ''I think the fact that Danny Corcoran has been re-employed shows just how out of touch the current board and administration is with the club's own history.''

Corcoran worked at Essendon from 1991 until 1997, and was appointed football manager in 1995. The Bombers won the flag in 1993, but the club had succeeded with a team paid well above the AFL salary cap.

Corcoran took control of player contracts in 1996 and says part of his brief was to ''just clean it up'' - a reference to the secret payments to players. ''I won't say who told me to just clean it up, but they were his exact words,'' Corcoran told The Age.

Essendon had missed an AFL amnesty on disclosing such payments. In 1999, after a seven-month AFL probe, the Bombers were fined $276,000 for salary-cap breaches. The club was also stripped of its two opening draft picks in 2000, and was banned from taking part in the 1999 pre-season and rookie drafts.

They were?

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/th...await-their-fate/story-fndv7pj3-1226515655156

"In 1996, Essendon were fined a record $638,250 ($250,000 in back tax and penalties, $112,000 for draft tampering and $276,250 for breaching the salary cap regulations), forfeited their first, second and third round picks in the National Draft and were excluded from the 1997 rookie and pre-season drafts after a joint Australian Tax Office and AFL investigation found that they had committed serious and systematic breaches of the salary cap regulations totalling $514,500 between 1991 and 1996."

http://www.portstephensexaminer.com.au/story/899711/hiring-opens-old-wounds-at-dons/

James Hird's first decision as senior coach of Essendon - to re-hire former football manager and close friend Danny Corcoran - has opened some old wounds.

''If I was still on the board, I would vote against him being back there,'' said former club director Don McKenzie.

Another former club director said: ''I think the fact that Danny Corcoran has been re-employed shows just how out of touch the current board and administration is with the club's own history.''

Corcoran worked at Essendon from 1991 until 1997, and was appointed football manager in 1995. The Bombers won the flag in 1993, but the club had succeeded with a team paid well above the AFL salary cap.

Corcoran took control of player contracts in 1996 and says part of his brief was to ''just clean it up'' - a reference to the secret payments to players. ''I won't say who told me to just clean it up, but they were his exact words,'' Corcoran told The Age.

Essendon had missed an AFL amnesty on disclosing such payments. In 1999, after a seven-month AFL probe, the Bombers were fined $276,000 for salary-cap breaches. The club was also stripped of its two opening draft picks in 2000, and was banned from taking part in the 1999 pre-season and rookie drafts.

Bloody hell! They've been cheating forever!!

Wow - a bigger culture of cheating than the Brown baggers.

And then Hird brings back the architect of the SC cheating.

What a disgusting bunch of cheats, what a terrible disgraceful criminal culture.

I love we beat them by 110 points and have caused even more damage to that corrupt bunch of self entitled arseholes.

Hope the club collapses and is a whipping boy of the League for the next 20 years.

Matthew Knights must be pissing himself laughing

Wow - a bigger culture of cheating than the Brown baggers.

And then Hird brings back the architect of the SC cheating.

What a disgusting bunch of cheats, what a terrible disgraceful criminal culture.

I love we beat them by 110 points and have caused even more damage to that corrupt bunch of self entitled arseholes.

Hope the club collapses and is a whipping boy of the League for the next 20 years.

Matthew Knights must be pissing himself laughing
I was going to say not criminal then I remembered who hird associated with, both as a player coming back from injury, and as a coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pre draft and other equalisation there was a system that allowed clubs like Essendon and Carlton to buy players. Any premierships before the 1980s are pretty much freebies. When was Essendon's last premiership with out the bonus of chequebook recruiting? I think that one might have been tainted by Carlton like book work anyway. The Blues and Bombers are still trying to cheat their way out of hard work and are walking around like a bunch of Victorian era colonials oblivious to the fact China is rising up in front of them.

Absolutely correct 100%. Collingwood woke up sooner rather than later when Eddie took over from McAlister and dragged them into the modern era.

I recall in the 90's when everyone was concerned about the rise of interstate clubs, the point was made that the new franchises weren't burdened with old history and school management.

It's those big clubs that didn't want us to be successful and had a massive say in our eventual recruiting zones.

You reap what you sow... much as we have.

Wow VDS66 rivals my rants about Carlton of the mid noughties.

Well done and spot on.

Also hilarious some injector support called Despair. Ironic on some many levels.

Despair at his cheating team

Like Baguley "Des" needs to grow a "pair"

what can I say Joffa.. I learned from the best. ;)

Massive compliment coming from you, mate. :D

Essendon in general would have been much better now if they had sacked hird and everybody that had to do with tge drug saga. Tge club would now be considered a better class of club.

What really sad is that they didn't have to sack any one, just stand them down until it was all over, full co-operation, get the whole thing over and done with. The way it has dragged on and Hird has been placed above the players and club, the board has shown no capacity for proper leadership.

A minor tweak is what Carlton have done over the past couple of years. I think that would be a wonderful direction for the Essendon football club to go.

Actually think that the Bombers like Carlton need to get rid of the coach, then ride out the WADA appeal and then see what the players can do. At the moment they're all shot emotionally and mentally, until the problems in their minds are completely fixed they will be rubbish. Not every week but often enough, to make sure there is no progress at all.

They were?

Geez, if they were the Melbourne Storm - premiership stripped :eek:

Wouldnt that have been ******* fantastic :D!

Here's some points about Essendon I'd like to make:

1. Hird is a creation of their supporters. The way Knights was run out the door by the Essendon membership, with a middling record, then replaced by Hird, who was appointed by acclimation, was only going to exacerbate the G-d complex that Hird had. After getting the job in the manner in which he did, is it any wonder he thought he could do as he liked?
2. They have a history of believing the rules didn't apply to them, which is something now only Carlton share. Eddie Maguire, for all his faults, has always ensured Collingwood played by the book, while influencing what was in the book to the maximum he could. Essendon will only recover when they realise this is not 1983 and play by the rules as they are written at the time.

Im pretty sure essendon would rather keep hird this year and next. Until the wada thing is finished. Collect top end draft picks for these 2 years then have a clean out after that. And let the new coach start fresh. Well this is what they should do anyway.. Why bother with the new coach while the trial is still playing out... They'll have a chance to swipe the plate clean end of next season and start completely fresh with a few top 2 draft picks too.

I believe that Hird being back as the senior coach is the problem. The players really loved playing under Bomber last year, & now that the bloke, who is solely responsible for the PEDs program & all the strife they've been in since the investigations started, is back at the helm, they appear disillusioned.

If Bomber was still the coach, they wouldnt be playing this poorly.

Here's some points about Essendon I'd like to make:

1. Hird is a creation of their supporters. The way Knights was run out the door by the Essendon membership, with a middling record, then replaced by Hird, who was appointed by acclimation, was only going to exacerbate the G-d complex that Hird had. After getting the job in the manner in which he did, is it any wonder he thought he could do as he liked?
2. They have a history of believing the rules didn't apply to them, which is something now only Carlton share. Eddie Maguire, for all his faults, has always ensured Collingwood played by the book, while influencing what was in the book to the maximum he could. Essendon will only recover when they realise this is not 1983 and play by the rules as they are written at the time.
I dunno, a part of me still holds out hope Collingfilth get found out for cheating the salary cap and stripped of their last premiership...

I dunno, a part of me still holds out hope Collingfilth get found out for cheating the salary cap and stripped of their last premiership...
I don't. The only way to enjoy a premiership is to win it on the day fair and square. To receive it retrospectively would just leave a bad taste in the mouth.

Im pretty sure essendon would rather keep hird this year and next. Until the wada thing is finished. Collect top end draft picks for these 2 years then have a clean out after that. And let the new coach start fresh. Well this is what they should do anyway.. Why bother with the new coach while the trial is still playing out... They'll have a chance to swipe the plate clean end of next season and start completely fresh with a few top 2 draft picks too.

Agreed. He'll coach at a minimum this year. The Bombers don't have an endless supply of cash and the legal fees/fines etc have been significant so far. Personally think he'll coach this season. WADA will bring down judgement in the off season hopefully, assuming players are rubbed out then Hird will be sacked, (will be interesting to see if he gets paid out).

Then a new coach will come in and the club will have to be cleared out from an admin perspective. A new coach and a new administration to bring about a rebirth of a club and they will have to start again and let me tell you it will take years and years.....it will be interesting to see how many supporters stick by the club, especially when you're used to so many premiership cups since the early 80's....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back