Play Nice Bye bye Brad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrote to Carl Dilena today. Here is the transcript in reverse order read from bottom upwards ;

Thanks Carl.

Look forward to Brad taking some accountability for this. Dean had plenty of faults but he was tactically astute.

Robin,

Thanks for taking the time to write to me.

Like you, I am bitterly disappointed with our defensive efforts and the inability to stem the flow. Rest assured I will be seeking explanations of everything we are doing, whether it be coaching technique or the discipline of our players when it comes to defensive efforts. This review has already started today. The status quo is unacceptable.

Regards

CARL DILENA | MANAGING DIRECTOR & CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER NORTH MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB
Ph. (03) 9320 2416 | 0417 059 897 | Fax. (03) 9320 2401
AEGIS PARK PO Box 158 North Melbourne VIC 3051
204-206 Arden St, North Melbourne
VIC 3051 For further information about the club,
please visit: kangaroos.com.au

C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.jpg

To: Carl Dilena
Subject: Explanation

Hello Carl

You don’t know me from Adam. Have watched North for over 50 years like my father before me and been a member since I returned to Australia permanently.

We as supporters who part with the wherewithal to pay these players and coaches would like an explanation from the coach as to why he refuses to play a more defensive setup late in games where we are defending a reasonable lead. No-one seems to have the courage to ask Brad why he does not instruct players to play in the defensive half until it is too late. This is not the first time this has happened and we as supporters are heartily sick of the same problems arising and nothing different being done to combat it. A NM version of insanity.

I have written to you as someone who should have the authority to require an explanation. Brad needs to have the balls to answer what is a chorus of outrage over what we see as coach-assisted losses. We see a coach appointed long-term who serves up the same “ cross my arms and look angry “ scenario but who offers little tactically to assist.

Maybe my take but there are a very large number out here who think simarlily.

With regards

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.2904 / Virus Database: 3184/6360 - Release Date: 05/26/13
Hey Bernie, you should ask Carl how that review on our defensive issues is going and why we are still accepting the status quo!

you disagree?

well facts are fact, north beat WCE so we're the better team.

only WCE players i rate is Yeo and Kennedy - rest are average.

They've lost to footscray, slaughter by freo at home (11 goals in a qtr) and the only decent team they've beaten is ninthmond and that's no great achievement.

WCE are the most overrated team in the AFL atm, unfortunately they'll make finals due the softest draw in the comp. they'll get stitch up in the first elimination final.

Like....seriously? I love them both but come on....

don't rate him, no one does. he tackles and racks up possies, but meh, jacobs racks up possies easily on a good day too.

priddis only won a brownlow due to the fact his teammates were so hopeless that he stood out.

you disagree?

well facts are fact, north beat WCE so we're the better team.

only WCE players i rate is Yeo and Kennedy - rest are average.

They've lost to footscray, slaughter by freo at home (11 goals in a qtr) and the only decent team they've beaten is ninthmond and that's no great achievement.

WCE are the most overrated team in the AFL atm, unfortunately they'll make finals due the softest draw in the comp. they'll get stitch up in the first elimination final.
This is one of the worst posts ive ever seen. Following another howler. Priddis is miles ahead of cunnington and ziebell.

And west coast are miles ahead of us. West coast sit entrenched in that top 4 yet you claim we're the better side? Its disrespectful to them to compare them to us.

This is one of the worst posts ive ever seen. Following another howler. Priddis is miles ahead of cunnington and ziebell.

And west coast are miles ahead of us. West coast sit entrenched in that top 4 yet you claim we're the better side? Its disrespectful to them to compare them to us.

...we beat them, and right now we're playing s**t, and we still beat them.

they won't make top four, quote me on that and try prove me wrong later, but they won't.

also, you're posts are terrible considering you're only posting an opinion, put some facts to it and maybe i'll consider your opinion but until then it's just a random opinion with no bearing.

...we beat them, and right now we're playing s**t, and we still beat them.

they won't make top four, quote me on that and try prove me wrong later, but they won't.

also, you're posts are terrible considering you're only posting an opinion, put some facts to it and maybe i'll consider your opinion but until then it's just a random opinion with no bearing.
West Coast beat the Suns and the Power, 2 teams we lost to. So although they haven't beaten anyone of note, they have not lost to any scrubbers like we have...but yep, we're the better team. We got lucky against WC, 25 scoring shots to 20, 63 inside 50's to 49.

And hate to tell you but your comments about Priddis are only an opinion with no facts to support them. Facts are, Priddis averages more possessions and more tackles than either JZ or Ben. Priddis also sits 5th in the AFL coaches award so FACT is even the AFL coaches are saying he is playing better than either of our guys!

Just because we beat West Coast it doesn't meen we are better then them!

We beat Hawks,Sydney and Freo last year it doesn't meen we are better then them either ffs...

We also beat G.W.S this year it really doesn't meen anything in fact they are going past us at such a fast rate that it isn't funny..

Just because we beat West Coast it doesn't meen we are better then them!

We beat Hawks,Sydney and Freo last year it doesn't meen we are better then them either ffs...

We also beat G.W.S this year it really doesn't meen anything in fact they are going past us at such a fast rate that it isn't funny..
I actually think we are better than West Coast. And Richmond for that matter.

When we want to be though, that is the problem. Talent wise and game style wise I think we are around the 5-7 mark, but there is something seriously wrong with the team (I include players, coaches and support staff in this) that they cannot lock themselves in on game day half the time. They just cannot do it. It's ****ed up, because with our draw we could have pushed top 4 this year and given ourselves a shot at a flag.

Instead we get....

West Coast beat the Suns and the Power, 2 teams we lost to. So although they haven't beaten anyone of note, they have not lost to any scrubbers like we have...but yep, we're the better team. We got lucky against WC, 25 scoring shots to 20, 63 inside 50's to 49.

And hate to tell you but your comments about Priddis are only an opinion with no facts to support them. Facts are, Priddis averages more possessions and more tackles than either JZ or Ben. Priddis also sits 5th in the AFL coaches award so FACT is even the AFL coaches are saying he is playing better than either of our guys!

there you go some facts to support the priddis arguement. i'm in perth and WCE fans rate Yeo higher though.....

i still prefer cunners and zeibs on the basis that they're younger and can't put a figure or fact on ziebs leadership .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

don't rate him, no one does. he tackles and racks up possies, but meh, jacobs racks up possies easily on a good day too.

priddis only won a brownlow due to the fact his teammates were so hopeless that he stood out.

Haha.....

Put the keyboard away for a sec.

I actually think we are better than West Coast. And Richmond for that matter.

When we want to be though, that is the problem. Talent wise and game style wise I think we are around the 5-7 mark, but there is something seriously wrong with the team (I include players, coaches and support staff in this) that they cannot lock themselves in on game day half the time. They just cannot do it. It's stuffed up, because with our draw we could have pushed top 4 this year and given ourselves a shot at a flag.

Instead we get....
Yeah i've lost totall confidence with this group and like u said everyone involved.
In fact having a "brave" win against the Cats this week will mean Nothing to me.

And watching the players backslapping and smiling(if we win) will make me want to throw up, cause i know what is coming the following week.

I believe the coach has lost the players and i also believe like others have said we overachieved last year and now we are where we deserve to be. (happy to be proven wrong)

We look old and slow it stands out like dogs balls.
Something has to chang at this club big calls have to be made.
Zeibell as Captain next year is a must.
And everyone knows my thoughts of B.S already....

Scott: "We don't need to take undue risks like we did last weekend."

What f'n undue risks did we take, oh we dropped brown, who would have shut down their run off half back and would have booted 10 goals on his own to win the game o_O:rolleyes::eek::confused::drunk::drunk::eek:

there you go some facts to support the priddis arguement. i'm in perth and WCE fans rate Yeo higher though.....

i still prefer cunners and zeibs on the basis that they're younger and can't put a figure or fact on ziebs leadership .
understand your complete dislike of the Weagles as I too am fro Perth (although not there now). Cant stand them nor their supporters! But, Priddis is a gun, always has been. WAFL rising star, Simpson Medal and a Sandover medal, his Brownlow was no fluke.

Yes JZ and Ben are younger but Priddis has proven himself over a long period. We need these boys to do it, to go to that next step.

And just how has JZ leadership helped us out so far? How many times have we seen him "rally the troops", how many times has the team said, time to lift boys, just like Jack has? Not many.

Interview on the AFL website, wasn't even coaching on the weekend but took responsibility for the moves the coaches made in his stead i.e Jacobs being moved off gablett.

Showing some accountability at least.

Then also mentioned too many players trying to win it off their own boot rather than sticking to structures. 50/50 comment there.

Brad has to go, its his fault for backing in frauds regaining their s**t form and not backing in youngsters with a higher ceiling.

Greenwood leaving is his fault.

Black, Bastinac, Mullet, Harper and Wood not playing 1's is his fault, he preferred ya Gibsons et al.

He has to go for the required rebuild.

Brad has to go, its his fault for backing in frauds regaining their s**t form and not backing in youngsters with a higher ceiling.

Greenwood leaving is his fault.

Black, Bastinac, Mullet, Harper and Wood not playing 1's is his fault, he preferred ya Gibsons et al.

He has to go for the required rebuild.
Which probably explains why Collingwood have changed their list by 60% since they won the flag.

In the same time our list has changed by 20%.

"Past performance will not be an indication of future selection"
Asked about changes this week....
Mentions GWS, Sydney and West Coast games.

Looks like Brads media skills are mirroring the team, what a deplorable presser that was.
I'm not sure if he has lost the players, but he is doing his best to lose the supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back