VFL to be telecast by CH 7 VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

2015VFLratingsR15.png

I wasn't too keen on the VFL leaving the ABC but I must say Jason and the boys have done a great job and the telecasts is usually quite enjoyable. I'm not liking the obvious bias towards only the AFL aligned clubs though...

I wasn't too keen on the VFL leaving the ABC but I must say Jason and the boys have done a great job and the telecasts is usually quite enjoyable. I'm not liking the obvious bias towards only the AFL aligned clubs though...

The actual coverage has been pretty good, but the lack of coverage for the stand alone VFL clubs has been disgusting.

If you take out Collingwood's ratings, there is virtually no difference between other reserves teams and non alligned teams' ratings.
Box Hill and Port the next best rating.
One thing they could have done better was to have the games at 2pm on the bye weekends when there was no 3pm game on C7.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching the telecast on Ch7 of Essendon Vs Willi when is it time to admit that North port oval has been outgrown as the marquee finals venue need to go to Visy park or something .

Just watching the telecast on Ch7 of Essendon Vs Willi when is it time to admit that North port oval has been outgrown as the marquee finals venue need to go to Visy park or something .
A lot of that is finals starved Essendon fans.

Last year was similar with Footscray. AFL standalone teams will initially pack a punch in some of these grounds but depends how the league grows overall after the introduction.

I was there today. Food outlets, all 3 of them were overwhelmed by the crowd, and I'm assuming that their canteens are run by volunteers. I won't knock volunteers, but they were really struggling with the size of the crowd queuing for food / drink at half time.

I can't say that it was great from a spectating point of view either with the crowd today (I don't know how many turned up).

I went today and maybe I'm in the minority when I say why would you want to move it away from North Port oval. I thought today was absolutely sensational. Stands packed, great atmosphere, colour, tribalism.. Felt like the old Windy Hill days. Interested to know the attendance? Must have been one of the larger crowds at the ground in some time. The third qtr had the ground rocking. It was a unique but great day to be part of.

Why would you want to destroy what to me is unique, a throwback to yesteryear.

Only time I could see a problem is when two AFL clubs compete.. Then you may need to consider the venue.

Today was a great day at the footy.

I went today and maybe I'm in the minority when I say why would you want to move it away from North Port oval. I thought today was absolutely sensational. Stands packed, great atmosphere, colour, tribalism.. Felt like the old Windy Hill days. Interested to know the attendance? Must have been one of the larger crowds at the ground in some time. The third qtr had the ground rocking. It was a unique but great day to be part of.

Only time I could see a problem is when two AFL clubs compete.. Then you may need to consider the venue.

Fantastic atmosphere today. Loved it. Essendon folk came out of the woodwork today.

Fantastic atmosphere today. Loved it. Essendon folk came out of the woodwork today.
Yep, was a proper throwback to the old suburban days.

The catering food and drinks wise was left a bit wanting but the atmosphere was sensational.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back