Lewis Jetta and players with similar views.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow... i can only see it getting worse now. gillon mcmachlan was on the radio telling people they don't know why they are booing and they are sheep.

way to go gill. that'll stop 'em.

oh yeah... i got in before there thread was closed to replies.

This is total bullshit. There are 20 other Aboriginal people out there every week that don't get booed. Goodes gets booed because he's a knob, not because of his skin.
And this is total bullshit, because there are bigger knobs running around the paddock who don't get booed.

Hint: if you're going to try using logic, you have to take logic to its logical conclusion. Otherwise, just stick with fear and suspicion.

Jetta's celebration was inciting the crowd. No ifs nor buts. Miming throwing a spear at someone is as inciting as it gets. Just because he is Aboriginal does not excuse him of this. He will and should be fined, just like others have been before. For too long human beings have used other peoples atrocities to justify their own and this is why there will never be peace. Were the crowd idiots : Yes. Does this justify Jetta's actions: No. The rules are the rules.

People go on and on and on about Goodes being 'precious', yet look how precious people are about an imaginary spear.......

If you want to see some true inciting of the crowd, you need to look at some of the incidents that have occurred in football in Europe in particular, especially in the 80s and the 90s. They are actual examples of 'inciting the crowd' - whereas this wouldn't even be worthy of a footnote if someone ever was boring enough to write a history of players inciting the crowd.

I guess Jetta will now join Goodes and Franklin as the only players in our team who are flogs.

if this becomes an ongoing thing then jetta will join that club. but as it stands i will be very surprised if jetta gets booed on the back of this incident alone.

I love the Eagles instantly going in to 'I'm not racist but mode'. It's like they're circling the wagons. As someone who has met Leroy and his family I completely support him on this despite my opinion that I think Goodes brings a lot of this on himself.

Goodes is booed because he is a flog, and will continue to get booed because everyone knows its affecting him. If the crowd think they can put a player off by booing, they will boo even louder. If its affecting Jetta he's probably gonna cop some boos as well. Just focus on playing good footy and the booing will slowly subside.

What would Lewis Jetta have done if it was Keiran Jack being booed?

My biggest problem with the "dance" is in the explanation afterwards. Goodes said he wouldn't have done it at Chris Yarran in the Carlton game, because he identifies with Yarran. No, on the footy field, Yarran is your opponent, and the colour of most significance should be the colour of the guernsey. If Jetta is standing up for a teammate being booed, I expect a similar reaction any time a Sydney player is booed, regardless of ethnicity. On the footy field, nothing is above team.

I guess Jetta will now join Goodes and Franklin as the only players in our team who are flogs.
ok so it's only Sydney indigenous players all the racists hate on. I don't think racists are that picky tbh. Your kidding yourself mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love the Eagles instantly going in to 'I'm not racist but mode'. It's like they're circling the wagons. As someone who has met Leroy and his family I completely support him on this despite my opinion that I think Goodes brings a lot of this on himself.

What the hell does this have to do with it? Trying to bignote?

Has anyone said "I was saying Boourns" yet?

Goodes made a mistake (or did it on purpose) by directing his dance at the small Carlton section of fans... Jetta then also goes and directs it at opposition fans... Coincidence? The fact he did it when 40 points down just made me laugh... though not as much as Rhys Shaw's celebration did.

Wayne Carey slept with his mates wife, Barry Hall coward punched a player knocking him out cold. They didn't get a fraction of the hatred Goodes gets. Nothing Goodes has ever done has been as bad as them or dozens of other examples. His haters hate him because of racism, ignorance or an equally cowardly bandwagon effect.

Exactly. So many footballers have given fans huge reasons to boo them but cop nothing. Some (like Dane Swan) seem universally liked despite committing much worse offences then Goodes

Double standards is what is wrong.

Many players (e.g., Williams, Martin & Murphy) have copped fines for making gestures to the crowds. Jetta does an aggressive "war dance", and Gillon says it is perfectly acceptable and understandable.

So next time player X gives the finger to the crowd all he needs to say in his defence is that it was in support of a teammate.

And this is total bullshit, because there are bigger knobs running around the paddock who don't get booed.

Hint: if you're going to try using logic, you have to take logic to its logical conclusion. Otherwise, just stick with fear and suspicion.
Such as?

Honestly, i'm not going to argue with you. You go for Sydney and will defend any player without thought, just as I would North.

Trying to claim all the booing is due to his reputation as a sniper is just as ignorant as claiming it's all racist.
Nope but live in hope. I suspect there is an element of media protection of Goodes in the past that fuel all opposition crowds. sure at subi it was intense but that's the game, a big context and an away crowd. Now they are warmed up bring on that sniper boomer

Ok, but can you point where I said that he was the worst character in the game? I'll tell you what, ill give you the answer. No, no you cant. Why? Because I didn't say it.
NewMelbournian is not saying you said that.

NewMelbournian is saying that that is the logical endpoint of what you're saying.

But we've already seen that you're not real big on logical endpoints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back