Review Autopsy vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

We run on top of the ground at Etihad. We could well win all 3 against Essendon, port and Norf. Not sure why we'd be conceding anything. Should be shooting for top 4. Did I actually just say that???!!!

No ceilings on our expectations. Number one rule of being a one eyed and passionate supporter

So breaking it down:

Hunter - 5 & 3
Sidebottom - 3 & 4
Boyd - 0 & 5
Wallis - 4 & 0
JJ - 0 & 2
Murphy - 2 & 0
Morris - 1 & 0
Moore - 0 & 1

Pretty interesting spread. Lots of disagreement between the coaches.

So breaking it down:

Hunter - 5 & 3
Sidebottom - 3 & 4
Boyd - 0 & 5
Wallis - 4 & 0
JJ - 0 & 2
Murphy - 2 & 0
Morris - 1 & 0
Moore - 0 & 1

Pretty interesting spread. Lots of disagreement between the coaches.
So bucks must have given Boyd 5. I couldn't see the drink giving him 5.

Good to see JJ in there. He is having one hell of a season.

We dominated the first quarter as much as the Adelaide and GWS games but just didn't quite put it on the scoreboard and also gave up a couple of easy ones through silly errors. Pies definitely lifted in the second but we were up to the challenge.

I also think it was one of wood's worst games for the year.

All those guys out, playing so many kids, some senior guys down, and we still got the win........and it felt like the margin flattered the pies IMO.
Get the feeling Wood was still sore from the knee he got at Geelong, when he fell a couple of times he looked really sore, and as someone mentioned (maybe you) his tackling was off.

Did the ladder predictor, 30pt loss to Richmond, 30pt loss to Swans v Crows and 30pt win v Essendon sees us .4% off 4th spot at the end of this week. Swans should get the chocs against Crows but the rest are fairly likely at a minimum i'd say. North Freo is crucial in a few weeks, if Freo win, they go top at end of season, if not whoever wins out of Hawks/Eagles finishes on top and i actually have us finishing 4th so long as we put away Ess/Dees and build our percentage up.

I also think it was one of wood's worst games for the year.

All those guys out, playing so many kids, some senior guys down, and we still got the win........and it felt like the margin flattered the pies IMO.

Wood was playing very well until he fluffed the left handed handball in the centre of the ground and let Collingwood in for an easy goal. After that he slightly dropped his bundle. Amazing thing confidence its easy to diminish and hard to replenish.

Should appeal. Or the officiating umpire should pay his fine. Terrible call.
Ha - I just came on here to say the same thing. Embarrassing report. Free kick? Sure. 50m penalty? OK. I laughed when the report was made. Which umpire made it? Serious questions over his onfield judgement. I feel like the fine has been given as a deterrent for Jack (we don't like seeing that in our game etc etc), rather than as a direct punishment for the incident.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In hindsight the Crameri goal at 3/4 time is huge!

Absolutely, a clinch goal at a moment when they were building momentum. Even though they out scored us in the last, had Crameri not kicked it their early 4th quarter goals could have spurred them on to take the game

Should appeal. Or the officiating umpire should pay his fine. Terrible call.

They want it buried, the AFL coming out and saying it was a "miscommunication" with the umpiring department was the closest they've come to saying they made a mistake this round. The overuse of the umpiring whistle was a directive by the AFL to manipulate the flow of the game via the umpires, no surprises it failed.

They should stop ******* around with the rules and let it evolve. The only thing I want them to change is that useless sub rule

They want it buried, the AFL coming out and saying it was a "miscommunication" with the umpiring department was the closest they've come to saying they made a mistake this round. The overuse of the umpiring whistle was a directive by the AFL to manipulate the flow of the game via the umpires, no surprises it failed.

They should stop ******* around with the rules and let it evolve. The only thing I want them to change is that useless sub rule
But did it really fail Ant. Conceded there were a couple of over officious calls, Macrae, Martin 50m water incident and a few ruck frees. But the game seemed less congested. On balance, I'll take a bit of over officiating over congestion, rolling mauls and rucks if that's the choice. Some of the calls go against us and some will go for us. Part of footy is supporters throwing their hands in the air and caning the umps when the call goes against them.
Seemed to me that the umps had let the lack of making calls go on for too long over the course of the season and suddenly paying the frees (plus a few extas) was too much of a contrast/correction for everyone to handle over 3 days.
Basically I concur with what Whately was getting at on 360 and a slight winding back from the weekend is what we want and need. The rules are already there, enforce them consistently, as they were intended, and the game is good.

Did the ladder predictor, 30pt loss to Richmond, 30pt loss to Swans v Crows and 30pt win v Essendon sees us .4% off 4th spot at the end of this week. Swans should get the chocs against Crows but the rest are fairly likely at a minimum i'd say. North Freo is crucial in a few weeks, if Freo win, they go top at end of season, if not whoever wins out of Hawks/Eagles finishes on top and i actually have us finishing 4th so long as we put away Ess/Dees and build our percentage up.

Honestly would prefer if the Swans beat Adelaide. Crows are still a huge chance to knock us out of the 8. Swans will be there regardless.

Fourth place would be nice but let's just lock ourselves into September for now.

It failed because even the AFL had to put their hand up and admit they made a mistake.

But in the meantime, lets punish a young kid and fine him $1000 because the umpire "made a mistake"

Dog had the lowest total games played of any team on the weekend.

ufVujIg.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back