Picola & District NW 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might like to have a look at what happened when AFL Barwon proposed a restructure this year in the Geelong Leagues.
GFL, BFL and GDFL all opposed the new restructure. It was to go ahead next year! The three leagues are pretty strong in their current form with only a couple of teams struggling. However each league has agreed to give the points system and salary cap a go to try and rein in player payments which most clubs feel is their biggest problem going forward.
Everyone has a concern about $$$'s in footy . It's been on minds since players in the country started getting paid big bucks back in the 80's and sides won premierships solely on those recruits . The PDFNL has tended for what ever not to have followed suit . Yes clubs pay players but buying premierships does not tend to happen and definitely not to the extent of other leagues . Some have to pay a lot more than others to attract the same player .The geographically area and varied situation of clubs whether that be population size , schools in town etc etc means that a system like the one proposed is likely to have a large negative effect on the majority of the comp.

The following is taken from the Kdfnl footy by-laws which were updated in May 2015 after they became administered by AFLGM. To me that's the most dictatorial load of crap I've seen. Now add to that in the by-laws all clubs must forward a copy of their audited financial statements to the league within 14 days of their AGM. I don't know the reasoning behind that requirement. But the thought of their having access to financials of every club of every league they administer does concern me.

image.jpg

On a brighter note if this were to become the norm for all leagues I don't think any club would be asking me to become a fully paid up member of their club. :D:D

Whether any of us agree or disagree on any topic at least at present we have freedom to debate and question those in charge.

The following is taken from the Kdfnl footy by-laws which were updated in May 2015 after they became administered by AFLGM. To me that's the most dictatorial load of crap I've seen. Now add to that in the by-laws all clubs must forward a copy of their audited financial statements to the league within 14 days of their AGM. I don't know the reasoning behind that requirement. But the thought of their having access to financials of every club of every league they administer does concern me.

View attachment 156895

On a brighter note if this were to become the norm for all leagues I don't think any club would be asking me to become a fully paid up member of their club. :D:D

Whether any of us agree or disagree on any topic at least at present we have freedom to debate and question those in charge.
A idle threat which they can't legally enforce .
Just another example of the AFL trying to silence anyone who speaks their view .
Take over the administration of leagues and then put within the leagues rules that no-one can speak about there wrong doings .
They construct data pray on the weak and then say you'll do this or else , whilst all the time linning their pockets .
If I am correct they put this through and within weeks put the heat on a club to axe contracted players , which the club folded and followed there wishes.
Not because they were insolvent but because they didn't already have the cash to pay forward contracts and they allegedly did not take future earnings , before contracts were due for payment , into consideration .
Beware, there is allegedly a move to significantly increase the costs for a player to play .
$30 per player has been suggested , which on top of recent increases in Auskick will continue to see players move to soccer .

i noticed a'vard and sean bryce did not play against picola. whats the story there heard they might be out for the year?

i noticed a'vard and sean bryce did not play against picola. whats the story there heard they might be out for the year?
Not Sure what A'vards story was, but I know that Shaun Bryce works as a trainer for North Melbourne Footy club and has to work every game day. Seeing as the Roos played in Hobart last Saturday he had to miss. Have heard he is right to play the rest of the year now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say it has to do with qualification rules.
I've heard a senior player had played too many seniors games for the year and played in the 2's saturday
Yeah had a senior player play 9 senior games in Picola league then with one of Strathys byes went back to home club were he also played seniors making it 10 senior games. So the Deni boys couldn't have been going to hard on Monday to worry about picking that up. His game was obviously the difference in the result!

Very disappointing for the Strathy 2's players, feel for them as this is no fault of theirs. From all reports they looked the goods on Sunday as well. Live and learn.

Yeah had a senior player play 9 senior games in Picola league then with one of Strathys byes went back to home club were he also played seniors making it 10 senior games. So the Deni boys couldn't have been going to hard on Monday to worry about picking that up. His game was obviously the difference in the result!

I don't think it was the Deni blokes that picked it up. They didn't find out until 8.30 last night.
Very disappointing for the Strathy 2nds as they were probably the in form side. I know rules are rules but perhaps some discretion in cases like this wouldn't be the worst result. It is only country footy. No winners anywhere in this type of situation.

I don't think it was the Deni blokes that picked it up. They didn't find out until 8.30 last night.
Very disappointing for the Strathy 2nds as they were probably the in form side. I know rules are rules but perhaps some discretion in cases like this wouldn't be the worst result. It is only country footy. No winners anywhere in this type of situation.

Mac you can't do that no matter how silly this seems. Rules are rules once you blur the lines where do you stop?

Thanks for taking pleaesure in others pain wilty. Once again youve proven what a great human being you are!

Hmm go tell that to all the people I've spoken to today laughing at your club.
Who by the way I've told from
What I'm led to believe Strathy themselves brought it to light. Great sportsmanship and honesty on your clubs part.

Hmm go tell that to all the people I've spoken to today laughing at your club.
Who by the way I've told from
What I'm led to believe Strathy themselves brought it to light. Great sportsmanship and honesty on your clubs part.

You go tell it to whoever. They're not the ones being smug and putting their stupid emoticons on comments on a public forum like a cretin. Have some respect. There are a lot of people hurting at strathy but thanks for your compliment on our sportsmanship.

You go tell it to whoever. They're not the ones being smug and putting their stupid emoticons on comments on a public forum like a cretin. Have some respect. There are a lot of people hurting at strathy but thanks for your compliment on our sportsmanship.

No I won't show respect actually. If you can't take it "intimidator" then I suggest don't read it.
Your club made the mistake its your pain to deal with.

No I won't show respect actually. If you can't take it "intimidator" then I suggest don't read it.
Your club made the mistake its your pain to deal with.

My point proven....
'My club' has at no point disputed the outcome. Every poster on here including leauge presidents and opositions senior coaches has gratiously expressed their simpathay with what these players are going though. No one except you has taken any pleasure in the situation. But hey if thats the sort of person you are? Go ahead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back