D2 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Can some one please explain why my post was removed. Nothing was made up, my source was the VAFA Website.

There was nothing sinister is what the out going coach said other that he believed there was a lack of commitment.

Truth seems to hurt.

Max "I will just F5c& off back the C Grade" Leader

Can some one please explain why my post was removed. Nothing was made up, my source was the VAFA Website.

There was nothing sinister is what the out going coach said other that he believed there was a lack of commitment.

Truth seems to hurt.

a lack of committment doesnt even surprise me, i think SM is better than the wicks

Truth seems to hurt.

He had 2 turn up to training one night

Found it...and can confirm that he did resign.

BANG - Take no prisoners.

Elsternwick Amateur Football Club’s Anthony Grace has stepped down from his position as senior coach.

Making the decision three days prior to Elsternwick’s match against South Melbourne over the weekend, Grace says a lack of commitment from all parties was the reason for his resignation.

“As a club we recruited strongly in the off season securing a number of terrific young men with great team attitudes,” he says.

“However, the commitment levels of the current playing group and committee were not at a standard required to successfully compete at this level of footy.

“The VAFA even at D2 level is a tough competition that rewards clubs that value selfless hard work, club commitment and culture. Without that it makes it hard to win games of football and establish an environment conducive to player development and enjoyment.

“I wish Elsternwick all the best and thank them for the opportunity.”

Assistant coach Corey Watts will stand in as interim for the foreseeable future.

Elsternwick currently sit ninth on the Division 2 ladder, with just three wins from their 14 matches.

Found it...and can confirm that he did resign.

EYE SPY

VAFA TRIBUNAL FOR TOMOROW S GRACE

CURRENTLY SITTING ON 13 WEEKS SUSPENSION ACCUMULATED IN THE VAFA

Already suspended once this year so if found guilty this would put him over the 15 week threshold??

"We all know what that means!"

THE EYE
:oops:

Truth seems to hurt.

What the? Is this forum now run by Elsternwick? The original article on the VAFA website sounded like it was an official club statement (well maybe an interview with the ex-coach and a statement on the stand-in from the club), so they had a change of heart and Bigfooty removes it???
2 to training? Wow, just wow

Flog, flog, flog. How this bloke got the gig in the first place is beyond comprehension. Couldn't get a gig at lifetime club Ormond, dropped down divisions promising an influx of Ormond players who were good mates and Guns, ended up with a moron who was more into checking out trainers than training. If he could've actually strung a half decent training session together rather than the disjointed crap he spat up(along with his pacifier) he might have had an impact. Flog bloke, with the coaching ability of Akermanis's gay left testes!!

Flog, flog, flog. How this bloke got the gig in the first place is beyond comprehension. Couldn't get a gig at lifetime club Ormond, dropped down divisions promising an influx of Ormond players who were good mates and Guns, ended up with a moron who was more into checking out trainers than training. If he could've actually strung a half decent training session together rather than the disjointed crap he spat up(along with his pacifier) he might have had an impact. Flog bloke, with the coaching ability of Akermanis's gay left testes!!
You goose, why would any Ormond player go to that pathetic club that would be better served going to the s**t footy league. Well done on your first post.

You goose, why would any Ormond player go to that pathetic club that would be better served going to the s**t footy league. Well done on your first post.
Ah, goose you say. But this was exactly the point, why claim to be able to attract any kind of player when it's clear you lack any coaching ability, talent or likability!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't know the guy,he's a quality person who went to a club that has no soul or ticker and as I said maybe better in the SFL
What makes you think I don't know him mate? I've known Tony for a few years and he comes across as a nice bloke. He is however a disrespectful flog, clearly. This misrepresentation will be clearly seen in the years to come if he manages to get another senior coaching role. Let me be clear, I have zero affiliation with the wicks, I have however seen an overpaid excuse for a coach, try to single handedly destroy one of the oldest clubs in the vafa. Mark my words, the next unfortunate club to hire this flog, will regret it. He's poison to commradery, progression and effort .

You clearly don't know the bloke then or you are him!! Either way I don't care. Just shocked someone would talk such derogatory BS about a club you walk away from. If everyone gave up when things got hard there would be no local footy. Guessing the bloke quit before he was booted to save some face.

So the coaching appointment didn't work out as planned. It happens all the time.

Club, coach and players must share the blame.

Making the coach the scape goat and ignoring other issues is the easy option.

I've seen the Wicks a few times this year and they are unfit. Their fitness is well below Ivanhoe, St. John's etc.

Can't pin that solely on the coach.

So the coaching appointment didn't work out as planned. It happens all the time.

Club, coach and players must share the blame.

Making the coach the scape goat and ignoring other issues is the easy option.

I've seen the Wicks a few times this year and they are unfit. Their fitness is well below Ivanhoe, St. John's etc.

Can't pin that solely on the coach.
In total agreement, I've seen them a few times this year myself. Lacking fitness and pace. Rumour has it that they didn't start pre-season until February though, coaches call. I Understand players must take ownership of their own fitness but there's D4 teams in pre-season well before February. That comes across as an almost defeatist attitude for a second year coach, who would've known the level of fitness he was dealing with last year.

Take the opportunity then, by the way have never heard anyone call him Tony

Tony?? Really only known him for 4 or so years but never heard him called Tony?? Maybe it was an old nick name that came before Gracey? Given you know him so well!

Probably time for Wicks committee to face facts, they lack the commitment required at even this level. Yes at times enough good players will turn up to get them out of D3 or D4 but then they struggle the following year as the players leave!

This was the same issue as last year and they just held on.... don't blame the coach it just proves my point re committee!

Tony?? Really only known him for 4 or so years but never heard him called Tony?? Maybe it was an old nick name that came before Gracey? Given you know him so well!

Probably time for Wicks committee to face facts, they lack the commitment required at even this level. Yes at times enough good players will turn up to get them out of D3 or D4 but then they struggle the following year as the players leave!

This was the same issue as last year and they just held on.... don't blame the coach it just proves my point re committee!

So the committee lacks the commitment or the players?

So the committee lacks the commitment or the players?
tough one, either way, shouldn't be played out on here

4 rounds to go:

tips for the Comp medal?
Goal kicking?
Anyone keen to have a stab at the team of the year?

For me I think comp medal: Marcon (Northern)
Goal Kicking: Munro (Richmond) should get home from here. has some games he cased in on 1st time round still to come

Remove this Banner Ad

Back