Ghost/Paranormal The Haunted Dybbuk Box.

I watched an episode of Paranormal Witness recently after this topic came up in conversation as probably the most real event the show has ever probably made.

To cut a long story short a supposedly haunted Dybbuk Box is purchased at an auction and then strange things start happening to all who keep possession of it. It gets sold on Ebay 3 times and every time someone new buys it who is a skeptic the same things start happening to them. Now all this really happened and the Ebay sales of it are all there to see and the history of it etc.

Must watch Video and make your own mind up but surely all these eye witness testimonies are not made up and it seems very credible to me.

http://www.dibbukbox.com/story.htm

http://tsup.truman.edu/item.asp?itemId=453

It has also had a feature film based on it called " The Possession" and the actors in the movie were terrified from the Box!

Very Interesting.

Apr 7, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Coney Island, GWS, The Exers!
one of the things i've liked about this one is there's been no serious debunks. everything that reportedly happened did, the only answer seems to be that people were victims of false pattern recognition.

even as an ardent skeptic this one of those ones that make you pause for moment and think, maybe.
I would like to buy the box to put this to the test myself, stupid owner wont sell.

Cristiano Ronaldo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 21, 2012
Lowry Hotel
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man United, Victory
First episode i watched from this series. Very interesting.
As a ghost/spirit/demon believer, i'm sure this is possible.
I logged onto eBay and saw that there are a few Dibbuk boxes around that are on sale. Do you think any of these are real?

Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I logged onto eBay and saw that there are a few Dibbuk boxes around that are on sale. Do you think any of these are real?

There'll be a heap of hoaxes

Apr 7, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams

fake as fortune cookies.

Apr 7, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Where can i find a real Dibbuk Box?

well "real" is very a very subjective term for what we are dealing with.
the "real" dibbuk box that is referred to in that that show, is hidden the owner believes in it a refuses to sell or even tell anyone where it is.

as for other "real" dibbuk boxes, well you'd need to be involved in occult circles something i can't help you with. I can give you a few tips.
First as a rule any time "jews" are involved in "making" a dibbuk box, its most likely bullshit. Yes a dybbuk is an old jewish myth but capturing evil entities and spirits is not jewish tradition. (one of the few suss things about the "original" box.

The odds that two random jews captured dybbuks and used special jew magic whilst practicing occult rituals frowned upon, in faith where belief in evil spirits and demons isn't widely accepted or even a key requirement of the faith. is well just think how ridiculous that sounds.

your best bet for "legitimate" stuff would be west african cultures that blend traditional religions with that of Christianity or Islam alot of them are very ritualistic and believe that sort of s**t.

avoid voodoo and wickan stuff as i've seen factory's where this s**t is made and sold online and unless you count a pot head with a soldiering iron and some glue as magic your s**t out of luck.

There's a strong ritualisitc culutral that blends catholisms and west african cultures together, thats deep into this s**t. its very much similar to voodoo but as its not widely known your less to deal with "fakes" it starts with S but the name escapes me.

however please understand that when i say "real" and "fake" i'm only referring to whether some superstitious twat believes there's an evil genie inside the lamp vs someone who's out to make some money. i don't actually believe in this s**t.

The actual Box itself was just an old wine box with various artifacts inside it and the term " Dybbuk " like others have mentioned is the name of a Jewish spirit so that's the connection between the 2 as the Box is said to contain the Dibbuk Demon inside it.

In all reality there is no such thing as an actual Dybbuk Box like this but it is just the name the Wine box was given when it was said to contain a Dybbuk Demon inside it and from everything i have seen on it, i am not doubting this Wine Box has a demon entity contained in it as the paper or auction trail of the Box is on record for all to see and every owner of the box has given their own experiences of what happened to them in the documentary above.

You would be pretty naive to think everyone of them is lying especially when they no longer own the box so the money making skeptic aspect/opinion of what they say is removed.

They're not lying, but what if they're just attributing random events to it, ie confirmation bias?

I hear ya but how would the new owners of the box know exactly what the previous ones suffered from? Especially the original or 1st owner and the 3rd owner who was the professor. Maybe the young college kid that purchased it told the professor some stuff but don't forget many people involved with the professor who worked in the same room also reported and backed up the events what happened much the same as the college kids room mates.

It is not just an individual making the same claims but everyone who was near to them or around them as well.

Nov 3, 2006
Here
AFL Club
Carlton
I hear ya but how would the new owners of the box know exactly what the previous ones suffered from? Especially the original or 1st owner and the 3rd owner who was the professor. Maybe the young college kid that purchased it told the professor some stuff but don't forget many people involved with the professor who worked in the same room also reported and backed up the events what happened much the same as the college kids room mates.

It is not just an individual making the same claims but everyone who was near to them or around them as well.
I haven't seen the full ebay listing, does he mention the dreams and whatnot in the listing at all? Giving enough information that could feed an urban legend type thing happening?

Apr 7, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
They're not lying, but what if they're just attributing random events to it, ie confirmation bias?

the second house fits that exactly. bugs all over there apartment, shitty wiring, a bloke thats depressed and a tenant with massive bloodshot eyes getting up late in the day looking like death. in a share house filled with uni students.

sounds like your average share house full of uni students, introduce a haunted box and everybody loses their minds!

Nov 3, 2006
Here
AFL Club
Carlton
The average person isn't able to hold the viewer in suspense like that. They were actors, plus you wouldn't 'out' the actual owner of the box if his goal was to keep it safe.
So an average person telling a story in an edited fashion, can't tell a story? Bullshit.

Also, if the box is in a secret location, what's the harm in saying who the person is?

Back