Mega Thread 2015 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't think salim was negative or are you referring to the current status of BF?
he is referring to the current state of our board and suggesting that its a net loss not to have Salim's training reports and general opinions.

I had a good chat with Salim yesterday leaning over the fence. We've known each other for long enough and respect each other enough to have a measured conversation about the state of things, including this board. I've been one of the posters lately who has quite strongly suggested we need to mix things up a little and get some new blood into the team at the expense of some of the established players who have reached their ceiling and don't contribute enough (IMO).

Salim actually agrees but he loves the team and the coaching staff and feels that we should be backing them in and more to the point enjoying the best ever season Freo has ever had (results wise). He is perfectly happy to have a civil discussion about it but what he objects to as much as anything is the way some posters don't seem to know any other way to argue than to be combative. I've felt the same way at times but most of the time its just water off a ducks back to me. Don't take it personally, live and let live.

He wants to go to the footy, have a few drinks and a yarn with his mates and enjoy the game win or lose. Its not a bad way to look at things. We don't have any influence over the outcome so why not just enjoy the show. And yet some of us, me included at times, feel like we have to argue till we are blue in the face about something despite that it makes no difference whether we prevail or not.

Sometimes the best solution is just walk away and leave people to it.

I have not found the Freo board particularly disagreeable for quite some time, and enjoy a lot of the banter and vigorous discussion. Occasionally it gets a little personal, but not to the extent it has in the past and it usually rights itself quite quickly (sometimes with a quiet word from a mod).

I do find it laughable that some of the people who are quick to say "those who disagree with my view are stupid and ignorant" are also some of the ones most easily offended by other posters.

While I often disagree with lots of posters, I try not to make it personal or take their views personally.

Guys like salim malik do us all a great favour with their training reports, particularly during the off-season when we are starved for footy. That doesn't mean we are not allowed to disagree with their views from time to time.

Hopefully Salim comes back soon because he contributes some great insights to the board - as do lots of other, including clogged and Reginald Perrin.

Well I just went down and watched for the first time in ages. Finally got a day off on the right day!
It started out nice and sunny but gradually got colder as rain threatened, the players must think they are rain gods this year, they've played and trained in uniformly awful conditions for a while now.

There was a pretty full compliment on the track except for the obvious ones like Mora, Balla. Silvering and Duffy just ran laps and word is Silvagni won't play at any level this week. MJ was doing gentle run throughs for a while but he's still a few weeks away. Dawson did full training.
Fyfe and Spurr were with fitness staff for a long time away from the group but joined in match sims. Fyfe still looks a tad proppy.

Really enjoyed watching some of the youngsters today as I haven't seen them for a while. Blakey, Weller and Langdon all very impressive as usual. Blakley is a tank and looks at times like Mundy and at others like Hasleby. Ethan Hughes is a really good size and takes a strong mark and Brady Grey goes hard all the time but this is not new information.

Alex Pearce trained strongly, we've all seen him in action and gee his good mover for his size.
Hill, Walters, Mundy all had strong hitouts and Suban was everywhere and in everything. No wonder he's such a favourite.

When it came time to separate the teams there were no surprises, it looks like just Clancy in for Ballantyne with probably Crozier to start on the ground so I wouldn't get your hopes up about any youngsters getting a debut. Its business as usual for Ross.
I think Crozier really needs to grab his opportunity this week. He hasn't done much in the limited time he's been in the team this year and his kicking seems to be off. He missed all his targets last week when he came on and it wasn't much better at training today, he's slewing them off the side.

I confess after watching Blakely, Weller today I'm still hopeful for one to get a debut soon, both look to be exceptional talents as does Langdon.

That is one thing about crozier is his delivery into 50 is lacking - need him closer to goal to be honest or at half forward.

Actually, considering we are talking about a poster who has contributed more than anyone else in this thread and why he is not posting anymore than this is the exact place where it should be brought up. F

Actually I'll be the judge of that. Cards will be issued if this warning is again ignored.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anybody go down to see Crowley out on the park today?
I love Crowley, and appreciate everything he has done, but this ranks so low on my "to do list" i'd do the weeding first.

I just cant see him back in the team. It is good to have him as an option come finals, but not an option we would actually want to use, if we really expect to beat the hawks / coasters.

I wonder if having Crowl's there gave the group some energy or if it was just business as usual
By the looks of the reports, everyone looked pretty happy to get him back. I don't think he'll play again, but he's still a part of Freo, and he's done a lot for the side, so I'm glad he's back at training. I would've gone there myself to see him if I was in Perth

Would love to hear on if any of the young guys are training with the main squad today - will give us a good insight on who might come in for Fyfe, maybe Pearce

Any intel out there?

I have not found the Freo board particularly disagreeable for quite some time, and enjoy a lot of the banter and vigorous discussion. Occasionally it gets a little personal, but not to the extent it has in the past and it usually rights itself quite quickly (sometimes with a quiet word from a mod).

I do find it laughable that some of the people who are quick to say "those who disagree with my view are stupid and ignorant" are also some of the ones most easily offended by other posters.

While I often disagree with lots of posters, I try not to make it personal or take their views personally.

Guys like salim malik do us all a great favour with their training reports, particularly during the off-season when we are starved for footy. That doesn't mean we are not allowed to disagree with their views from time to time.

Hopefully Salim comes back soon because he contributes some great insights to the board - as do lots of other, including clogged and Reginald Perrin.

Hope Salim come back.Enjoy reading report in this board.

Would love to hear on if any of the young guys are training with the main squad today - will give us a good insight on who might come in for Fyfe, maybe Pearce

Any intel out there?

Training is tomorrow mate. Friday for a Sunday game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back