Opinion Why Adam Goodes is booed and other anthropological discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I was gonna give this thread a wide berth, but I really have to ask... "Demon inda sack", really? That's the username you choose when having a very important, deep discussion on the internet?

I wish I was a demon in the sack.

I did like Russell Jackson's idea. All the non-racist booers stop booing, stop providing cover for and call out the racists.

Why Goodes critics arguments don't stack up
Not everyone who is booing Adam Goodes is a racist’
True, but of all the reserves of passion and energy you have why would you be devoting any of them to defending non-racist booers? They’re not the kind of collateral damage we should care about. There are almost certainly more worthy causes for this indignation. Non-racist booers would do well to stop and everyone else would do well to avoid defending them, because they engage in this activity knowing that they’re providing a cover for racists, which is in many ways worse.
Why Goodes critics arguments don't stack up

Yes i have labelled many posters as racists and bullies, but not without presenting my argument and theirs first.
In 100 posts you haven't been able to make any sort of convincing argument for booing Adam Goodes being racially motivated. Other Aboriginal players who have taken a stand have been praised. Goodes was a long time campaigner (yes pun intended) and had aspirations to get into politics before he pointed out the girl in the crowd, and there was no problem. Other players appear in commercials for Recognise all the time and there is no problem.

So yeah. Basically all you have is "Goodes is Aboriginal so it must be racist".

How can you have ago at me yet like reh post that's pretty contradictory.
Id say most people would really just for everyone to be treated evenly , without fear or favour . By the Courts , Government , The Press and yes even Footy Umpires . If there is a perception , even if it is supposed to compensate for past ( perhaps perceived ) injustices , that a person , group , race are being given preferential treatment there WILL be agro . Now you can argue the rights or wrongs of , so called , positive discrimination all we want , most citizens wont ware it , this I reckon is the root cause of those booing , or rascists as some call them , me I just dislike HIM as a player , and boo him if he's lining up to kick a goal against us , like every other opponent.

Oh and if you see an overtly offensive posts report it don't quote it. The mods can't always get through every page.

Thank you to the poster who did report. You know who you are.

There are some complexities to this but in the end the people booing Goodes are oafs, buffoons or racists.
I don't boo, but if I did I would boo that campaigner because of his on field demeaner and off field comments. He acts like we should be grateful, as do many other indigenous players, for the fact we get to see them play.

For the entirety of Indigenous round Chad Wingard is the only player I saw thank the game for helping the plight of indigenous Australians. I have never been more proud of Chad then when he said that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are many many indigenous that live in the big smoke as well mate go ask one of them. What capacity have you spent time with the elders?

What is it to you?

Why does it matter?

Spoiler alert: it doesn't.

What I think and what I've experienced doesn't matter in the slightest, and in the format of this Port Adelaide football forum, neither does anyone elses. I have my opinions formed and I'll express them where it is appropriate, like right now, my opinion is we known the Swans are affected by booing, and we should be doing anything we can to put them off their game as oppositon fans, in the words of Ryder.

In 100 posts you haven't been able to make any sort of convincing argument for booing Adam Goodes being racially motivated. Other Aboriginal players who have taken a stand have been praised. Goodes was a long time campaigner (yes pun intended) and had aspirations to get into politics before he pointed out the girl in the crowd, and there was no problem. Other players appear in commercials for Recognise all the time and there is no problem.

So yeah. Basically all you have is "Goodes is Aboriginal so it must be racist".
That is a lie I have never said the one reason you gave given look at my posts from pages ten to 14 I had a post where I asked if you can answer these questions with proper reasoning I will acquiesce that you are right.

What is it to you?

Why does it matter?

Spoiler alert: it doesn't.

What I think and what I've experienced doesn't matter in the slightest, and in the format of this Port Adelaide football forum, neither does anyone elses. I have my opinions formed and I'll express them where it is appropriate, like right now, my opinion is we known the Swans are affected by booing, and we should be doing anything we can to put them off their game as oppositon fans, in the words of Ryder.
No it does matter because you used it in your argument if it doesn't matter you should not of brought it up. And my opinion is that you are lying and that people who condone this systematic booing are broken individuals.

You sir, are an idiot. I don't boo, but if I did I would boo that campaigner because of his on field demeaner and off field comments. He acts like we should be grateful, as do many other indigenous players, for the fact we get to see them play.

For the entirety of Indigenous round Chad Wingard is the only player I saw thank the game for helping the plight of indigenous Australians. I have never been more proud of Chad then when he said that.

Oafs, buffoons and/or racists would be more accurate.

You sir, are an idiot. I don't boo, but if I did I would boo that campaigner because of his on field demeaner and off field comments. He acts like we should be grateful, as do many other indigenous players, for the fact we get to see them play.

And here it is.

Thank you AJJPAFC.

I was gonna give this thread a wide berth, but I really have to ask... "Demon inda sack", really? That's the username you choose when having a very important, deep discussion on the internet?

I wish I was a demon in the sack.
It's my username on everything I use has been since 15 I don't really think about it, and I didn't make an account for this discussion. And i definitely wasn't a demon inda sack when I was fifteen.

No it does matter because you used it in your argument if it doesn't matter you should not of brought it up. And my opinion is that you are lying and that people who condone this systematic booing are broken individuals.

Your opinion that I'm lying can be disproven by facts, but I don't feel the need to make this about me.

I used it as a counter argument to everyone else having their say. I addended by saying it doesn't really matter what any of us have to say in the big picture, at least in this format, and the topic of discussion is drifting from football related matters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back