Goldstein v Nic Nat

Who's been better in 2015, Goldstein v Nic Nat

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You have issues mate.... having such obsessive behavior must be hard to live with....

I just want to see Goldstein dominate against Freo before he is appointed the undisputed best ruckman in the AFL. Until then, there is room for debate.

He has been sensational though, especially the past 4 or 6 weeks.

I just want to see Goldstein dominate against Freo before he is appointed the undisputed best ruckman in the AFL. Until then, there is room for debate.

He has been sensational though, especially the past 4 or 6 weeks.
I dont see any of the top Ruckman dominating each other.... one might edge the other out but that's as far as its gona go....

I rate a full fit Nic Nat higher and believe he has a greater impact on games. However, Goldstein is locked in for All Australian ahead of NN due to his dominance in the first 6 rounds as opposed to NN.

Don't think many Eagles fans would disagree that Goldy has been better over the course of the season due to Nic Nats slow start.

Both would have a legitimate case for being the most influential player in the league over the last two months, and both north and west coast would see their aspirations to do anything in the finals completely crushed if they went down.

Don't think many Eagles fans would disagree that Goldy has been better over the course of the season due to Nic Nats slow start.

Both would have a legitimate case for being the most influential player in the league over the last two months, and both north and west coast would see their aspirations to do anything in the finals completely crushed if they went down.
I don't know, your forward line and backline have been a lot better than ours and could survive a down game from Nic Nat in a final.

Nic Nat if you just want to win the hitouts and get the best hitouts to your midfielders with some freakish ground level agility. Goldstein if you want the around the ground work and the tireless engine meaning you barely need to give him any support in the ruck plus being pretty good in the hitouts in his own right.

Generally i'd take Goldstein. A more complete package. I do think there are certain matchups where you would prefer to have Nic Nat and partly it depends on the team you have but you really can't go wrong with Goldstein - he's like the ruckman for every occasion. If you just wanted a ruckman who could beat the other top ruckman in hitouts Nic Nat is better though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I rate a full fit Nic Nat higher and believe he has a greater impact on games. However, Goldstein is locked in for All Australian ahead of NN due to his dominance in the first 6 rounds as opposed to NN.
So you rate Goldstein now do you? Was your number 1 most overrated player in the Comp 3 months ago. Now you think he is deserving of an AA selection. Make up your mind

So you rate Goldstein now do you? Was your number 1 most overrated player in the Comp 3 months ago. Now you think he is deserving of an AA selection. Make up your mind
I can think someone is deserving of an All Australian and at the same time think they are over rated. These are two different arguments. Also, how would my opinion on how some one is rated before the season starts have any bearing on my position of how well they play in relation to other ruck man during the season.

I am sorry you got upset but get over it.

I can think someone is deserving of an All Australian and at the same time think they are over rated. These are two different arguments. Also, how would my opinion on how some one is rated before the season starts have any bearing on my position of how well they play in relation to other ruck man during the season.

lol you still actually think he is overrated. God that is funny.

Think they should both be AA this year. Unlikely because the bench is just used for 'next best 4 midfielders' but one of them should take up a bench spot.

Cyril is the most overrated player in the comp and will never get close to the Brownlow

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Well I shouldn't have posted it in the other thread but the fact remains. I only just saw this thread.

Nic Nat wasn't fit at the start of the year so probably can discount that however I felt Sandilands eclipsed Goldstein quite easily.

Goldstein has never been able to match it with Sandilands so when I hear how Goldstein is now EASILY the best ruckman in the comp, I make that point. Goldstein is only just hitting his prime though but would still like him to beat Sandi comprehensively before I give him the #1 title. Fair point, wouldn't you say?
Sandilands is the bigger man, but Goldstein has the bigger ticker.

It would be good to have a version of this divided into:

Goldstein (NM fan)
Goldstein (Neutral)
Naitanui (WC fan)
Naitnaui (Neutral)

I'm willing to predict that the neutral vote would be heavily in Goldstein's favour.
And most of the west coast fans would vote for Goldy. Nic Nat started slowly and is now going to have at least 2 weeks away with his family situation.

A more interesting question is who you'd prefer going forward.

Back