News Hamish McIntosh retires

The guys on the EDFL bigfooty page say that McIntosh and the Grima brothers who are best mates have signed for Strathmore as a package deal. Todd Grima played in Strathmore's flag last year.
nice. I wonder if Blakey is still playing at Aberfeldie.
Rekon Blakey would pants McIntosh.

Jun 2, 2006
Point Cook
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Supersonics, Greenbay
I think Mcintosh showed on a few occasions at Geelong he could really play. He was highly skilled. I don't think he deserved to be lumped in with some of those other players.

Sure it didn't work out but it was not because he was a dud footballer or had a bad attitude.

He was a good clubman also, seemed to be always at Cats events, with the schools and great with the kids. Always supportive on twitter.
So just a shame his body packed it in

Two Planks

Norm Smith Medallist
May 14, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
nice. I wonder if Blakey is still playing at Aberfeldie.
Rekon Blakey would pants McIntosh.

Blake left about a month ago from Abers and was replaced by Angus Graham. Andrew Browne is the dominant ruckman in the league playing for Keilor. He also played for Essendon against the cats in the VFL last round.

We rolled the dice end of 2012, if HMac could have gotten on the park the 2nd half of 2013 even I feel we would have come close to a flag.

Didn't work out, such is life... it's a shame his body wasn't up to it because when he first started out he showed he could really play... very clean and good by hand for a ruck. Wouldn't be opposed to him lingering on and working with our ruckman in a development role.

Blake left about a month ago from Abers and was replaced by Angus Graham. Andrew Browne is the dominant ruckman in the league playing for Keilor. He also played for Essendon against the cats in the VFL last round.
Can we sign him up?

Catsace

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Peter Street ( lol didn't the K-Rock commentators used to joke about that crappy temporary steel stand calling it the Peter Street memorial stand at the river end pocket?? :D) , Brent Grgic

Lot of time for Peter Street. To be frank, his best game was his last game for Geelong, Rd 22, 2003 in that famous 'St.Kilda Challenge' game where he had 47 hitouts and he got 2 Brownlow votes for that effort. He was only 23 at the time, and admittedly he was very gangly and not the most mobile bloke, but can't help think if he was 10 years younger he'd be a handy addition to our side's ruck woes now. Is only the same ages as Ottens right now.

Played a few years at the Dogs, but has played locally for several years as well, and is a policeman. Came into to collect a parcel at our local post office a few years ago, and when i saw the name on the parcel and recalling him stooping down to get his head under the front door....i hardly needed to get his I.D to know it was him!

speedybundy

All Australian
Jun 12, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Not to sidetrack this thread further, but Marcus Drum might deserve a mention. David Haynes too, I hate saying stuff like that though as any player to reach AFL level has some talent but those two were failed recruits. Already mentioned but David Loats also

Think Mcintosh was worth the risk. He never really found that jump and strength that he had in his good years at North. Was serviceable to us when he played, but unfortunately can't miss that much footy and get away with it. Will go down as a waste of talent, but not by his own doing. Thanks for trying macca

Catsace

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Oh, and we all may recall David Ugrinic, drafted in 1993 with pick 13, delisted at the end of 1998 having played one pre-season cup game. Made someone like Cowan or Menzel look like Jim Stynes by a durability comparison.

they did,because like Street it was tall and temporary
It even rated a mention during the Dogs game a few weeks ago. Mentioning the new screen which was where the Peter Street stand was :D

Catsace

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Not to sidetrack this thread further, but Marcus Drum might deserve a mention. David Haynes too, I hate saying stuff like that though as any player to reach AFL level has some talent but those two were failed recruits. Already mentioned but David Loats also

Think Mcintosh was worth the risk. He never really found that jump and strength that he had in his good years at North. Was serviceable to us when he played, but unfortunately can't miss that much footy and get away with it. Will go down as a waste of talent, but not by his own doing. Thanks for trying macca

If he had his 2014 season in 2013 it may have been enough to get us over the line in the PF, alas he wasn't able to help us in our best chance in his career here, and his body probably never got quite back to where it needed to be to have a genuine impact for us.

Given the plethora of young ruckman that chop and change clubs by their early 20's, and seeing someone as unpretentious as Jake Spencer carve us up for the Dees despite being a failed Tiger, and the likes of Ceglar, Stefan Martin and co, reckon we should look to that route ruckman wise. Drafting a 18-19 y/o tall requires a long time of investment in them, and they genuinely require much longer to make an impact than a mid of the same age. That's why Stanley appeals, am excited by the prospect of him being fit for 2016 along with Blitz, as those two were starting to establish an exciting and different style of ruck combination.

Back