Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Enjoy a win in July champ because come September when it matters Lauderdale win zilch! If the injured player was Bryce Walsh it could have been the mother of the 16yr old he smacked out on grand final day booing him. She probably doesn't like him.

Oh dear, you aren't very smart are you? Those accusations were false back then and are still false now. Crawl back in your hole and wait for cricket season, that all you have to look forward too.

Just to keep all the Hobart City boys informed, Jesse Wells played his first full game yesterday for Pascoe Vale (after some surgery in the pre season) and kicked 5:5 sitting at full forward. Took some good marks but gee he kicks funny. Reminds us of Fred Flintstone that running style. Lol.
Anyway the team is sitting equal 2nd and finals bound, so hopefully Jesse will be flying come finals time. He could be the "wild card".

Cheers boys!

Good to hear he is up & about again. Thanks for that.

Glenorchy did as expected
North Launy did as expected.
Clarence now look all but out of the race for the finals
Devonport will find it hard to make the finals now.
NHCFC are 2 games clear in 5th, their destiny is in their own hands.

The Clarence v Lauderdale game sounded a bit friendly:p

I don't even think the game was 4 minutes old before it was about to erupt, it took one clash to almost start it but there were a few little niggling spot fires about but nothing serious until three quarter time. Cassidy shaped up to a guy in front of where I was on the around side of the ground, had his fist up threatening to deck the Clarence player.

The two guys behind us up and left when the game was pretty tight in the third, dad and I were just discussing Michael Cassidy and also a few of the old rough nuts that played in the old days. I had thought the Roos were going to really kick away in the final quarter it was goal for goal but the Roos had more of the ball and looked a little fresher but Lauderdale managed to steady and break the goal for goal shoot out.

Lauderdale fans were the loudest throughout the day, though there was one lady that was very local in the Clarence members, she was getting so agro there for the last quarter I thought she may explode. Seemed every free regardless of whether it was right or not she was bitching. Much like they did at KGV a couple of weeks ago... of course there weren't many bad calls just seemed a case of complaining for no good reason for both sides, like good footy fans do I suppose.

There may have been some bad calls here and there, but generally the umpires I thought werent that bad.

The thing to remember is that umpires, just like players, are human & make mistakes. The game itself cant be easy to umpire with the AFL trying to micromanage every part of the game. I much prefer umpires to firstly look to protect players & only pay free kicks for things that affect the players or the game. Little touches to the shoulder of head that are minor should be ignored unless it, again, actually affects the player or the game.

The clarence v lauderdale game seemed to be full of the usual agro. Both off & on the field. They provide a feast for the media to get stuck into. Both clubs have a group of mouthy supporters. clarence are not use to losing. I have heard them bellowing & bitching a couple of times this season. One guy I heard was unreal, until they lost then he shut up. Anyway AFLTas will look at the vilification allegation & try & sort it out. We dont want that sort of bogun crap happening.

The thing to remember is that umpires, just like players, are human & make mistakes. The game itself cant be easy to umpire with the AFL trying to micromanage every part of the game. I much prefer umpires to firstly look to protect players & only pay free kicks for things that affect the players or the game. Little touches to the shoulder of head that are minor should be ignored unless it, again, actually affects the player or the game.

The clarence v lauderdale game seemed to be full of the usual agro. Both off & on the field. They provide a feast for the media to get stuck into. Both clubs have a group of mouthy supporters. clarence are not use to losing. I have heard them bellowing & bitching a couple of times this season. One guy I heard was unreal, until they lost then he shut up. Anyway AFLTas will look at the vilification allegation & try & sort it out. We dont want that sort of bogun crap happening.

If the allegations are true as reported in The Mercury today and can be proven. I would throw the full weight of the Law at the so called supporter. I hope every other person who attend and heard the vilification would have no problem at all, even if it is one of there own supporters of coming forward and making a statement this has no part in our Society or Game in 2015.

Welcome Toutai Havea and his family to Tasmania, and hope you all have many years of happiness here, and well done on adapting so quickly to Aussie Rules.

Last edited:

I would go so far to say that the constant abuse that comes from Clarence supporters every time they play Lauderdale is a major contributer in the nasty incidents you see on field, the stuff that gets said is disgusting and quite embarrassing to think it comes from grown men and WOMEN. The two clubs worked together in the off season to try and tone down the goings on that have happened in the past and educating the supporters on what's acceptable behavior was a major part of it, clearly Clarence have failed in this area or at the very least have some rogue supporters who they should be trying to weed out. I have no trouble with barracking at the footy, I think it's add to the atmosphere of the game and the odd banter here and there can be also good but when it gets personal it's just not on.

It can be pretty tough to umpire the game it seems to be a case of damned if you, and damned if you don't most days out there for them. They sometimes they can miss some calls and get them wrong but they're human like the rest of us, but the umpire was copping it from the supporters for every correct call. One player copped a high tackle and this woman up in the members lost her s**t over it, it was a clear free kick he almost ripped his head off. They were doing it a lot at KGV when I was there it was getting to the point it was crap.

It's sad to hear that Toutai Havea has been the victim of racism, I'd hope whoever it was gets their punishment no need for that rubbish at all, the boy seems to have adapted the game well though. I think the only thing he needs to remember is to bounce the ball when he runs, he's not the only one though in the footy community to forget but that's just the one thing I've noticed from his play so far.

But he's got a good boot on him though.

Last edited:
If the allegations are true as reported in The Mercury today and can be proven. I would throw the full weight of the Law at the so called supporter. I hope every other person who attend and heard the vilification would have no problem at all, even if it is one of there own supporters of coming forward and making a statement this has no part in our Society or Game in 2015.

Welcome Toutai Havea and his family to Tasmania, and hope you all have many years of happiness here, and well done on adapting so quickly to Aussie Rules.

its ironic that Adam Smith would report on this, as he is a Clarence football , member and supporter thats why, CFC and CCC , feature so many times in the Mercury !! , As just to get his story correct ,
Aaron Hall whilst playing wit HFC was racially abused by Tim Castle a current player with Clarence football club. It happened in the Toilets at the Observatory nite club ,on a Saturday nite . CAstle entered the toilets with a few block head ruckman mates ,who thought it all funny,
Aaron was extremely upset and left the premises,
word got back to hobart footy club ,and Aaron was provided special counseling . On telling Afl tas and CFC ,between them they agreed for to keep it in house ( didn't want to damage their profiles ) CFC to dish out the penalty !! Tim Castle was banned for 2 games,and fronted ,with his coach HFC playing group to apologise .

Now i believe if this had been made public at the time ,CFC and its small supporter base would understand the are not above god,
(Its always CFC getting away with it, I suppose with Adam Smith,and James Bresnehan in their corner, no one else gets a look in )

I would go so far to say that the constant abuse that comes from Clarence supporters every time they play Lauderdale is a major contributer in the nasty incidents you see on field, the stuff that gets said is disgusting and quite embarrassing to think it comes from grown men and WOMEN. The two clubs worked together in the off season to try and tone down the goings on that have happened in the past and educating the supporters on what's acceptable behavior was a major part of it, clearly Clarence have failed in this area or at the very least have some rogue supporters who they should be trying to weed out. I have no trouble with barracking at the footy, I think it's add to the atmosphere of the game and the odd banter here and there can be also good but when it gets personal it's just not on.

I've been round a long time, although I dont/cant go as much as I use to. All clubs have had their 'noisy' supporters. You've seen nothing like the Ryde st stand at the NHO in the old days, oh dear! However I've heard some lauderdale 'characters' get a bit carried away too. But that mouthy Clarence guy bellowing, 'Hear we go ROOS' etc ad nauseum & the Clarence women who screech & bitch like complete idiots the whole game are very noticeable these days.

Anyway I hope they weed out any racist comment ASAP. It seems it came from the crowd so no players look like being involved.

Or behind the goals in the North Hobart members area, back in the 1990s there used to be a lot of noise there and some very interesting comments made then there was games at Boyer some of the New Norfolk supporters back in the day were pretty bad. I am not sure about them now, seemed tame at Claremont when I saw them play the 'Pies but haven't been to Boyer in a very long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been round a long time, although I dont/cant go as much as I use to. All clubs have had their 'noisy' supporters. You've seen nothing like the Ryde st stand at the NHO in the old days, oh dear! However I've heard some lauderdale 'characters' get a bit carried away too. But that mouthy Clarence guy bellowing, 'Hear we go ROOS' etc ad nauseum & the Clarence women who screech & bitch like complete idiots the whole game are very noticeable these days.

Anyway I hope they weed out any racist comment ASAP. It seems it came from the crowd so no players look like being involved.

Yes I guess the fact the crowds are much smaller these days makes it quite easy to hear most things that are being said from anywhere in the ground. I just can't understand why anyone would want to sit there and hurl constant abuse at opposition players for the entire match, how could they possibly get any enjoyment out of the game if that's all they are doing, and it is constant with a certain group of the Clarence supporters, make no mistake about it.
The racism though is on a whole other level of disgusting behavior and I hope the Clarence Football club work with AFLTAS to find the person/s responsible and hold them accountable and ededucate them on how to behave appropriately in a public environment.

Yes I guess the fact the crowds are much smaller these days makes it quite easy to hear most things that are being said from anywhere in the ground. I just can't understand why anyone would want to sit there and hurl constant abuse at opposition players for the entire match, how could they possibly get any enjoyment out of the game if that's all they are doing, and it is constant with a certain group of the Clarence supporters, make no mistake about it.
The racism though is on a whole other level of disgusting behavior and I hope the Clarence Football club work with AFLTAS to find the person/s responsible and hold them accountable and ededucate them on how to behave appropriately in a public environment.

Of course we dont know what was actually said, let alone by who.

If it was truly a racist slur then we all know thats not on. People have seen that their are consequences for that sort of behavior. The person/s should be banned for a year or two, then they can have some education & a questionnaire on how to behave like a human being. Then & only then can they be allowed back to a public place.

Anyway back to the footy, the 5 looks just about set with Devonport the only small possibility to replace Hobart City or Lauderdale in the 5. Burnie will be hoping someone can knock Glenorchy off before they meet in the final round so they can get a crack at top spot, which is some sort of a chance with the Pies facing the other 3 top 5 sides in the next 3 weeks. Devonport will have a massive match with Lauderdale in round 16 which will be there last roll of the dice. We may have an unusual occurrence in round 18 if Devonport are out of the running with Hobart city playing Lauderdale in what will most likely be a preview of the elimination final the following week, will be interesting to see how both sides approach the match if the positions are locked in for the following week. I am tipping Burnie to win the flag at this stage but it's still fairly wide open and nothing would suprise.

At the moment the best bet for the Glenorchy loss would be at Lauderdale, unless we figure out how we can play that ground and start the better when I was there covering the game Glenorchy looked pretty flat and Lauderdale came out pretty good and just smashed Glenorchy everywhere. It was always going to be a worry as the Pies started very slow on Anzac Day as well, but they managed to overrun the Bombers.

I am going to check out Hobart City and Clarence on the weekend, it's closer to where I live, unless I am a last minute replacement there like I was at Bellerive, here's some of the shots I took from the game between the Roos and Bombers on the TSL website.

On my Facebook page there's a heap more, as well as the Development League, I have slowly started to sort through them all.

Funny that Lauderdale is appealing the two match suspension to Halton, blatantly obvious to everyone that he king hit his opponent a long long way off the ball. Would have thought he probably got off lighty.

Funny that Lauderdale is appealing the two match suspension to Halton, blatantly obvious to everyone that he king hit his opponent a long long way off the ball. Would have thought he probably got off lighty.

Did you actually see it? I have seen the footage and all he did was throw him to the ground after they were jostling for position where he was trying to lead.

Feel free to explain how it's blatantly obvious he king hit him though, it will be good for a laugh.

Why was he deregistered?

He was deregistered for involving himself in the brawl, it was a silly thing to do, he acknowledged this and copped his whack and moved on.

A former player was suspended for hitting Luke Adams not Bryce Walsh.

Your own club acknowledged this and also sent a memo to its players, members and supporters asking them to refrain from making false accusations and slandering opposition players on social media, you obviously think this doesn't apply to you for some reason?

Why don't you just pull your ******* head in and accept what's happened? Your club has had its time at the top and now it's come to an end.

He was deregistered for involving himself in the brawl, it was a silly thing to do, he acknowledged this and copped his whack and moved on.

A former player was suspended for hitting Luke Adams not Bryce Walsh.

Your own club acknowledged this and also sent a memo to its players, members and supporters asking them to refrain from making false accusations and slandering opposition players on social media, you obviously think this doesn't apply to you for some reason?

Why don't you just pull your ******* head in and accept what's happened? Your club has had its time at the top and now it's come to an end.
Please keep the swearing and aggressive rubbish down Darren, it's a bit rich to sook about the naughty people in the crowd ( none Lauderdale of course) who swear, call people names etc and then think it's quite acceptable to do the same thing with your typing finger!
Just to keep all the Hobart City boys informed, Jesse Wells played his first full game yesterday for Pascoe Vale (after some surgery in the pre season) and kicked 5:5 sitting at full forward. Took some good marks but gee he kicks funny. Reminds us of Fred Flintstone that running style. Lol.
Anyway the team is sitting equal 2nd and finals bound, so hopefully Jesse will be flying come finals time. He could be the "wild card".

Cheers boys![/QUOTE

Last edited:

Cheers boys!
Yep, he sure could be your "wild card", very good player Jesse. Good luck!

Did you actually see it? I have seen the footage and all he did was throw him to the ground after they were jostling for position where he was trying to lead.

Feel free to explain how it's blatantly obvious he king hit him though, it will be good for a laugh.

have to agree with HTH on this one. Footage definately shows Halton wrestling him to the ground.

Yeah real funny, so funny in fact that he had his "king hit" charge that was apparently a "long long way off the ball" thrown out at the tribunal tonight.

So are you still going to share how it was so blatantly obvious that he king hit him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back