MLB Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good to see new people getting into baseball. If you spoke to me 4 years ago I wouldn't have cared at all for the MLB, but once I got into it I really respected how great the game really is. There is truly something magical about the game of Baseball, and this coming from a typical Aussie who loves his Cricket.
Ditto. I remember being bored and procrastinating from study, so I watched a bit of the 2011 world series. having dismissed the game for years I got into that series (helped the series itself was very exciting) and from there started watching the next year. Cubs felt like the right fit to follow, I'm a sucker for a ground like Wrigley, and there are parallels between them and my favourite sporting side (North Sydney Bears, basically decade upon decade of futility). Just got into it, even more so after getting to some MLB games over there.

Really enjoyable game to follow.

We have no decent pitchers at all. I want Cueto and Kazmir to come in....
No point doing that now, you're (near enough to) out of contention, given the gap suddenly opened up by the Yankees in the division and being well off the wild card pace. I mean you could get hot but it does not seem likely. They'll be around in November, no point selling off your farm for two months of them that aren't needed.

If options for younger starters with a few years of control were there that'd be a better option. Same route I'd like the Cubs to go.

Just on the Cubs, how good is Schwarber going. What a start. Lineup is suddenly starting to look pretty sweet, especially as it comes around
9. Russell
1. Fowler
2. Schwarber
3. Bryant
4. Rizzo
5. Soler

Fowler won't be there long term, and if there's a flaw it's that there is no real lead off hitter on the horizen, but it's the sort of lineup that should keep us going this season (and could pull some shocks in October if we get there). And the potential of it is off the charts.

Pity Castro is a bit of a disaster at present. Will be interesting what happens with him and Baez.

No point doing that now, you're (near enough to) out of contention, given the gap suddenly opened up by the Yankees in the division and being well off the wild card pace. I mean you could get hot but it does not seem likely. They'll be around in November, no point selling off your farm for two months of them that aren't needed.

If options for younger starters with a few years of control were there that'd be a better option. Same route I'd like the Cubs to go.

Just on the Cubs, how good is Schwarber going. What a start. Lineup is suddenly starting to look pretty sweet, especially as it comes around
9. Russell
1. Fowler
2. Schwarber
3. Bryant
4. Rizzo
5. Soler

Fowler won't be there long term, and if there's a flaw it's that there is no real lead off hitter on the horizen, but it's the sort of lineup that should keep us going this season (and could pull some shocks in October if we get there). And the potential of it is off the charts.

Pity Castro is a bit of a disaster at present. Will be interesting what happens with him and Baez.

Rizzo and Bryant are my favourites from that team , Madden has been huge for the cubs...

btw who do you go for?

The time off has done wonders for A-Rod, almost in career best form.
Smoked the longest HR this year at Yankee Stadium today. Nice little gap opened up over the pack, hopefully we can keep it up

Trade season has finally kicked off. Kazmir has gone to the Astros for a couple of prospects. Arismis Ramirez from the Brewers to the Pirates.

Apparently Detroit are making Price and Cespedes available

Trade season has finally kicked off. Kazmir has gone to the Astros for a couple of prospects. Arismis Ramirez from the Brewers to the Pirates.

Apparently Detroit are making Price and Cespedes available

Cubs going to make a big play at Price apparently..

Kershaw perfect through six but no jinx!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yankees are looking good which I hate
We are being helped by the ineptness of our divvy rivals.
Waiting for the Rays to explode but just hasnt happened for them yet. Still got 3 games in hand on the Rays and Jays, win 1 or 2 of them and it will be a nice little buffer.
10 game road trip coming up, havnt lost a series in nearly a month, hope to keep that up

KB with the 2 run walk off Booomb!!!!

After Cubs gave up 4 in the last to look cooked.. Man that was exactly what the Cubs needed after a poor weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back