Did anybody see the fight between Bulldog member versus Collingwoobbles

Remove this Banner Ad

Around the same time as this was happening there were a couple of fights up on level 3 where I was sitting, aisle 15 (which also gave me a view of the fight below). There was a group of Collingwood supporters, who had all clearly had a skinfull, obviously looking for some trouble. Having already thrown a beer from about 6 rows back at a Collingwood fan having a verbal argument with a Dogs fan, once the siren went they threw a beer then attacked a couple of blokes sitting across from them, resulting in a brawl with about 10 guys. The scariest part was that this was about 15 rows back on the top deck, which is obviously very steep, and no security in sight.

This is clearly not a Collingwood supporter issue, rather an issue with a select few morons, but it definitely takes away from the experience of attending the match and could be a frightening experience for anybody in the area to see.
Did your report it, glad I didn't take me little cousins to the game

Did your report it, glad I didn't take me little cousins to the game
Yes I have- to the stadium's security office, not the outsourced ACG security or whatever they are. I would have at the time except there wasn't a security guard in site. These idiots will keep doing the same every week if they keep getting away with it (which they probably will this time), and eventually someone will get seriously hurt. Hopefully they are identifiable on camera or something.

Sort of tough rule for some of us single blokes Chicago. Attractive, single, female Doggies supporters are a rare breed I'm afraid.

Those words pierce Lily's heart.

littleprincesslily.jpg

Looked like there was security already there. Seems strange.

Was the Collingwood fan the sweaty mess taking his shirt off or the guy in the red jumper?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I could see the guy in red give a nice clip from a qtr of the field away. This happened a fair while after it started

Segragation?

Ban drinking?

Some really exaggerated reactions here I think.

I personally don't drink much and hardly ever at the footy but why punish 39980 people because of 20 d!ckheads?

All we want to do in today's society is ban and regulate and force normal rational people to libe by rules they don't need due to an absolute minority.

The answer is simple...life bans from AFL

Everyone entering scans their license or ID with their ticket and those that mess up can't get in. Then entering the premises under a false ID $10000 fine.

Doesn't change the experience for 99% of people who behave and gets rid of idiots for good

Sitting next to a family member or friend who is a Collingwood(or Richmond) supporter when the Doggies beat them is one of the greatest pleasures in life. Well, that and a capricciosa pizza from the East Keilor Pizza Restaurant.:p

I was there and seen that. Your wording is spot on as it happened. I also had 2 juniors with me and they were terrified. They wont go again for along time . Its not just Collingwood, its our supporters as well at fault. If there is a worse supporter then its Richmond. I reckon even ISIS would fear them
Concur from experience: The worst most nastiest stuff that has happened to me at the footy has been at the hands of Tiger cannibals... Started with fat chicks deliberately hitting my head with flags.. Ending with dads with kids pushing me around and fair dinkum looking to beat me up. I moved and kept an eye over my shoulder. Was after the Knights / Libba incident but a lot of nasty s**t even before that.
As I said in the banter thread.... All clubs got their ferals.. it's just Richmond has more of them. (a number of BF tiger posters liked this).

Those two bulldogs supporters in the red were sitting in front of me a couple of aisles over. The fight had already started and when they saw it happen, they got up off their seats and ran over there throwing punches. Apparently one of the guy's brother was in the middle of it all from the start

It's nearly enough to make you sick watching that footage with women and children looking on in horror.

I hope those two Dogs fans that ran in get the identified and sanctioned. They weren't going in trying to stop anything, they ran in throwing haymakers.

Yeah I could see the guy in red give a nice clip from a qtr of the field away. This happened a fair while after it started

I wasn't gonna record it but who knows what Etihad's cameras are like, so recorded a bit but don't think it was much point, no faces are captured.

Five year bans.
And a mandatory visit to the ICU before being allowed back in.

If you ever find yourself in a potentially volatile situation, just walk/run away it simply isn't worth it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back