List Mgmt. 2015 Trade & Free Agency Hellscape Discussion Thread (PG546: Anderson PG732: Bastinac)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
herald sun saying we are chasing Motlop hard.

Dunno. Just don't know.

I'm excited by his best, but he is inconsistent.

We'd have to hand over our first round pick for sure too, which I was hoping to keep this year.
I don't mind handing over our first pick for a quality young player like Motlop

He is worth it

What about Dumont instead. You guys don't give him games and he would replace Kelly or Stevie J for us.

Which future gun do you have sitting in the wings that knows they can't get a huge amount of games yet because Bartel and Selwood are taking spots?

It's called list management.

You can have our first rounder and not a penny more.

Could you post the full article?
NORTH Melbourne has entered the frame to land Geelong speedster Steven Motlop as question marks linger over Daniel Wells’ fitness.

The Kangaroos and Richmond are circling Motlop as a prime back-up trade target to Greater Western Sydney midfield jet Adam Treloar.

The Roos and Tigers have both offered Treloar a six-year deal, but Collingwood is favoured to land the 22-year-old on a five-year contract.

Motlop, 24, has produced his best form of the season in the past fortnight, averaging 27 possessions, 2.5 goals and 492m gained.

The linebreaking goalkicker had 11 tackles against the Western Bulldogs in Round 16 and received the full 10 coaches’ votes for his blistering performance against the Giants on Saturday.

story-fnp04d70-1227460657942

Industry sources said the hot streak could boost the value of Motlop’s next contract to more than $500,000 a season.

North coach Brad Scott said in April the club could “look at some trading opportunities because of the platform (of young talent) we have been able to build over the last seven or eight years”.

Analyst and North dual premiership defender David King backed the Motlop move, but only if the Roos believed they could win next year’s premiership, before a clutch of veterans retire.

“I like that style of player (Motlop), because that (outside run) is what they haven’t got,” King said.

“So, if the time is now (for a flag), go and get a Steve Motlop.

“But if you are not going to go for it, go back to the draft and get the kids in the door.

“The club needs to make a decision (to assess) if Brad Scott and his vision are on track.

658879-af03a862-34f4-11e5-a865-966b1ff02c53.jpg

North Melbourne has reportedly offered Adam Treloar a six-year deal. Picture: Colleen Petch

“If they aren’t, then all recruiting decisions need to go through the list management process that will leave them in good shape regardless of 2016’s outcome.”

The Cats remain hopeful of snaring Adelaide superstar free agent Patrick Dangerfield and Carlton swingman Lachie Henderson, but have made it clear they will not keep Motlop at any cost.

The Kangaroos are looking to boost their pacy midfield-forward options as a cloud hangs over two of their most creative ball-users.

Wells remains sidelined with an achilles problem, while livewire Lindsay Thomas could request a trade.

Wells is intent on being back for finals after minor surgery to quicken his recovery, but club medicos are yet to put a time frame on the 30-year-old’s return.

Brent Harvey has not been guaranteed another contract next season but is expected to play on after a superb 400th game at the weekend.

Mobile forward Aaron Black is being chased by Fremantle after spending three months in the VFL. He is contracted until the end of next season.

Black has played two senior games this season while Thomas returned to the senior side at the weekend after a spell in the VFL.

Thomas, who is out of contract next season, considered joining Port Adelaide two years ago.

The goalsneak has averaged 12 possessions, two goals and three tackles a game in the past four seasons.

NORTH Melbourne has entered the frame to land Geelong speedster Steven Motlop as question marks linger over Daniel Wells’ fitness.

The Kangaroos and Richmond are circling Motlop as a prime back-up trade target to Greater Western Sydney midfield jet Adam Treloar.

The Roos and Tigers have both offered Treloar a six-year deal, but Collingwood is favoured to land the 22-year-old on a five-year contract.

Motlop, 24, has produced his best form of the season in the past fortnight, averaging 27 possessions, 2.5 goals and 492m gained.

The linebreaking goalkicker had 11 tackles against the Western Bulldogs in Round 16 and received the full 10 coaches’ votes for his blistering performance against the Giants on Saturday.

story-fnp04d70-1227460657942

Industry sources said the hot streak could boost the value of Motlop’s next contract to more than $500,000 a season.

North coach Brad Scott said in April the club could “look at some trading opportunities because of the platform (of young talent) we have been able to build over the last seven or eight years”.

Analyst and North dual premiership defender David King backed the Motlop move, but only if the Roos believed they could win next year’s premiership, before a clutch of veterans retire.

“I like that style of player (Motlop), because that (outside run) is what they haven’t got,” King said.

“But if you are not going to go for it, go back to the draft and get the kids in the door.

“The club needs to make a decision (to assess) if Brad Scott and his vision are on track.

658879-af03a862-34f4-11e5-a865-966b1ff02c53.jpg

North Melbourne has reportedly offered Adam Treloar a six-year deal. Picture: Colleen Petch

“If they aren’t, then all recruiting decisions need to go through the list management process that will leave them in good shape regardless of 2016’s outcome.”

The Cats remain hopeful of snaring Adelaide superstar free agent Patrick Dangerfield and Carlton swingman Lachie Henderson, but have made it clear they will not keep Motlop at any cost.

The Kangaroos are looking to boost their pacy midfield-forward options as a cloud hangs over two of their most creative ball-users.

Wells remains sidelined with an achilles problem, while livewire Lindsay Thomas could request a trade.

Wells is intent on being back for finals after minor surgery to quicken his recovery, but club medicos are yet to put a time frame on the 30-year-old’s return.

Brent Harvey has not been guaranteed another contract next season but is expected to play on after a superb 400th game at the weekend.

Mobile forward Aaron Black is being chased by Fremantle after spending three months in the VFL. He is contracted until the end of next season.

Black has played two senior games this season while Thomas returned to the senior side at the weekend after a spell in the VFL.

Thomas, who is out of contract next season, considered joining Port Adelaide two years ago.

The goalsneak has averaged 12 possessions, two goals and three tackles a game in the past four seasons.
Cheers for that. Since when did Lindsay consider Port in 2013?? That's the first I've heard of it.

I'd love to get Motlop, I like that type of player and he'd be a handy get at North.

We won't win a flag next year, unless we can play consistently well. We have so far proven that we still lack the mentality to do so. Coughing up players like LT, Black etc is going to leave us thin on the ground in 2017. Yes we need pace in the midfield, but robbing future Peter to pay Paul is maybe a tad dangerous.

I completely disagree with this from Kingy, getting Motlop shouldn't be dependent on whether we think we can win the premiership next year, but whether we think we can win a premiership when the Cunnington and Ziebell age group of players hit their peak. If the answer is yes then it should be an easy decision to make; Motlop is of a similar age and he will compliment those guys perfectly as they enter these years.

so would Motlop be more important then Greenwood to us? if yes first rounder, if no some pick after 25

Maybe Chris could get better disposal from Gibbo? do they know the leadership Gibbo has, he is part of our leadership group, the more I think about it maybe Motlop and Geelong's first rounder for Gibbo and our first rounder, that sounds pretty fair to me. WIN/WIN :)

I completely disagree with this from Kingy, getting Motlop shouldn't be dependent on whether we think we can win the premiership next year, but whether we think we can win a premiership when the Cunnington and Ziebell age group of players hit their peak. If the answer is yes then it should be an easy decision to make; Motlop is of a similar age and he will compliment those guys perfectly as they enter these years.

come on everyone knows if we get a FA our trade for a bloke over 22 we believe our window is open and we have to strike within the next six months or a total rebuild will be required.:D

If they asked for Mason Wood as part of a Motlop trade, I'd do it.

He is quality. In the right age bracket. And with Ziebs, Cunnington, Dal, Boomer, Wells and Swallow around him he will star in the years to come.

I think a lot are underestimating how good he is.

I really like Mason, but you have to give something to get something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they asked for Mason Wood as part of a Motlop trade, I'd do it.

He is quality. In the right age bracket. And with Ziebs, Cunnington, Dal, Boomer, Wells and Swallow around him he will star in the years to come.

I think a lot are underestimating how good he is.

I really like Mason, but you have to give something to get something.
Thomas and second rounder for Motlop. Not giving up Mason Wood.

Thomas and second rounder for Motlop. Not giving up Mason Wood.

I daresay that's a straight swap.

I'd also rather keep LT and forget the whole thing.

We won't win a flag next year, unless we can play consistently well. We have so far proven that we still lack the mentality to do so. Coughing up players like LT, Black etc is going to leave us thin on the ground in 2017. Yes we need pace in the midfield, but robbing future Peter to pay Paul is maybe a tad dangerous.

Agreed. Reminds me a little of us getting Hay and Thompson from the Hawks those years ago. Go for premiership next year with what we have. Treloar yes, Motlop no, Motlop is half way through his career. At least Treloar might have 10 years left.

Please don't take our Motlop :cry:

But if you did he'd cost a packet - probably 600k+

Also over the course of a season he'd have 5 elite/amazing/match winning games, 5 ordinary ones, and 10 OK ones.

Please don't take our Motlop :cry:

But if you did he'd cost a packet - probably 600k+

Also over the course of a season he'd have 5 elite/amazing/match winning games, 5 ordinary ones, and 10 OK ones.

600k well overvalued...seriously...you your self have said so....if he was that kind of money then why would north not go after danger field for a million?

as a hypothetical what would Ben Browns trade value be ?
Not suggesting for a second that we trade him as Petrie and Waite aren't spring chickens and I think he's going to be a cracker
But you'd think some clubs would be prepared to throw a fair bit at us to get him

what would make North start thinking about it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back