General MFC discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, after yesterday's result, has anyone done a board head count? Might be prudent.

Ox got the sack from 7 for being s**t.

Who gives a s**t what 7 say? Obsessing over nothing.

Oh yes, stiff upper lip, tally ho old boy, nothing to see here... oh whats that, who's that behind me and whats that thrusting all about, steady on old chap...

angry-donald-duck.gif

General question: brendon Mc when he was our coach was strictly a 1:1 all over the ground man. I must admit to not having watched any melbourne games this year, not even when you beat us. So is Roos running a 1:1 all over the ground or do you guys press and zone and all that?

So, after yesterday's result, has anyone done a board head count? Might be prudent.
Bigfooty?

I'll fess, I'm sick of it. Getting harder and harder to sit through this s**t.

We need to change our club name to just "Melbourne" because in no way are we a football club.
That is actually a very sound plan. Melbourne has quite a few things going for it.

MFC though...

Well, if you want a distraction, look no further than the 8 billion and counting posts in the Adam Goodes thread on the main board.

General question: brendon Mc when he was our coach was strictly a 1:1 all over the ground man. I must admit to not having watched any melbourne games this year, not even when you beat us. So is Roos running a 1:1 all over the ground or do you guys press and zone and all that?

We arent 1:1 as a rule, no.

We dont really zone, and frankly, we dont really press either.

We tend to play with an extra midfielder if the oppostion play a loose man in defense, and occasionally we play a loose man back ourselves.

I dont think Roos has brought in a highly technical game plan to be honest. He's keeping it simple until we can actually do it well..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't realize it but the Pies have lost five straight. Technically we're in better form than they are.

Roos was spot on with his AFL 360 comments - the whole club and everyone who supports it goes into meltdown when we lose.
I think we've gone into a bit of a meltdown this week. And I think with good reason,but usually a loss is just business as usual for us. I'm still waiting on Roos to come out and say this s**t isn't acceptable. I really hope he's doing that behind closed doors.

Roos was spot on with his AFL 360 comments - the whole club and everyone who supports it goes into meltdown when we lose.
Interesting comment. The "whole" club.

I think we've gone into a bit of a meltdown this week. And I think with good reason,but usually a loss is just business as usual for us. I'm still waiting on Roos to come out and say this s**t isn't acceptable. I really hope he's doing that behind closed doors.

I disagree - I think this year fans have regularly gone into the 'when is it going to turn?!' meltdown.

I disagree - I think this year fans have regularly gone into the 'when is it going to turn?!' meltdown.
Only when we lose games we shouldn't, or put in unacceptable performances. There is no getting around the fact the last three weeks have been unacceptable. It's not even a matter of winning and losing for me. Never mind 'mental scarring' or 'a young side'- the crap we have dished up in recent isn't acceptable and, is a blight on the game. Roos needs to stand up and acknowledge that. The excuses have worn thin.

I reject that. People go into meltdown when we lose to sides we shouldn't or in a manner in which we shouldn't, or when we play putrid football.

Most times we lose there is a meltdown - even 'honorable losses' can't be copped these days.

I noticed that Melbourne supporters don't boo Adam Goodes...we're probably the only ones.

Then I realised we're too busy booing Melbourne...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back