Gym & Misc General Health and Fitness Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Might as well. What would the likely solution be if they're out of whack?

Hormones can be restored thru diet n supplementation.
Get a blood test & request these levels to be checked:
Testosterone
Cortisol
Dhea
Oestrogen
Vit D
B 12
Homocysteine
Triglycerides
HDL - LDL
Glucose
Electrolytes
The answer may lie somewhere in the above list

Hormones can be restored thru diet n supplementation.
Get a blood test & request these levels to be checked:
Testosterone
Cortisol
Dhea
Oestrogen
Vit D
B 12
Homocysteine
Triglycerides
HDL - LDL
Glucose
Electrolytes
The answer may lie somewhere in the above list
After having enough blood for all of those taken who wouldn't feel run down? o_O

After having enough blood for all of those taken who wouldn't feel run down? o_O

Blood should be withdrawn/ donated often to recycle n revitalise your iron stores & blood cells.

They pull two big syringes of blood from my veins, feel a tad light headed for a short time afterwards but nothing major.

Blood should be withdrawn/ donated often to recycle n revitalise your iron stores & blood cells.

They pull two big syringes of blood from my veins, feel a tad light headed for a short time afterwards but nothing major.
If they could find a way to take blood without needles I'd do that. Blood I don't care about, and no problem with getting cuts etc and seeing my own blood., but needles make me feel ill. :oops:

Can anyone recommend me a good workout for fat loss? I visit the gym twice a week currently and would like to have a good routine.

And you have something else to focus on other than weight loss. Increased skill and the enjoyment of the sport is great. Good suggestion.
Exactly, you're more focused each day on not getting submitted by your opponent and developing your skillset and understanding movements to think about how hard you're working. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You should try cooking your meals at home. They're healthier.

Jog my memory. Is this a result of weight loss or gain?

i do eat at home pretty much every night. dont drink or smoke.

im happy with whats been found % wise, but im placing a goal of losing another 10% in 2 months.

weight loss and muscle gain

Went from 130kg in late 2013 to 90kg mid last year, now back out to 102. I hate being lazy sometimes, was doing so well then what turns into 1-2 bad meals a week snowballs really quickly. Started training again, winter can be a bit rough but thems the breaks I guess (fyi I'm aiming for 85kg).

Went from 130kg in late 2013 to 90kg mid last year, now back out to 102. I hate being lazy sometimes, was doing so well then what turns into 1-2 bad meals a week snowballs really quickly. Started training again, winter can be a bit rough but thems the breaks I guess (fyi I'm aiming for 85kg).

Best of luck, and when it comes to food, in the last three or four years of trying to learn as much as I possibly can the one thing has stood out, Mother Nature hasn't provided a natural food that that I know of that's high carb/high fat.

She has given us high protein/high fat and and high protein/high carb, so in my mind she is trying to tell us something.

For me I go to great lengths to avoid a diet high in fat and carb's as I balloon fast and furious.
I like high fat/high protein because I can eat to satiety and never hungry, but their is no issue with high protein/high carb if you can be more disciplined which I cannot do as I always want to keep eating and always feel as though I should diet.

Best of luck, and when it comes to food, in the last three or four years of trying to learn as much as I possibly can the one thing has stood out, Mother Nature hasn't provided a natural food that that I know of that's high carb/high fat.

She has given us high protein/high fat and and high protein/high carb, so in my mind she is trying to tell us something.

For me I go to great lengths to avoid a diet high in fat and carb's as I balloon fast and furious.
I like high fat/high protein because I can eat to satiety and never hungry, but their is no issue with high protein/high carb if you can be more disciplined which I cannot do as I always want to keep eating and always feel as though I should diet.

Spot on. Carbs are the biggest killer for me, I just can't help myself sometimes but if I don't want to eat myself to a 30+ BMI again I have to stop.

Spot on. Carbs are the biggest killer for me, I just can't help myself sometimes but if I don't want to eat myself to a 30+ BMI again I have to stop.
Carbs are a killer especially when combined with fat they are deadly. But their are so many who can control carbs and protein, but Im not one.

A Low Carb/Primal "template" that I religiously stick to for around 90% of the time is the best thing I have ever done in my up and down yo-yo dieting life.

I love the fact that if I want I will have a beer or slice of pizza and never feel the guilt and it's got to the point the days are getting longer and longer between each of those little bonus takeaway type treats.

carbs are interesting. i look around to see carbs everywhere. bread, pasta, such a staple of easy lunch/dinners.
Often used as cheap fillers for fleshing out a meal.
Unrefined carbs are ok if the rest of your diet is "decent" (too strict and people tend to fall of the bandwagon in a spectacular way).
Personally just avoiding refined sugars and most forms of flour are enough to keep me steady - if I go too low I struggle to add weight.

i have a question: everyone says breakfast is the most important meal of the day but i skip it,i have dinner at 7-8 at night and dont eat anything until lunch time the next day about 11ish which means i have fasted for a good 15 hours or so which my theory is during that time my body will use up all that food i had for dinner the previous night especially if im exercising but people say you need breakfast to get metabolisim firing and something about stored fats-could someone please put holes in my theory?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back